rafaelmfernandez

[Released] FDNY Fire Academy Modification *SD*

RELEASED FDNY Fire Academy Modification *SD* 

37NQ7Fx.jpg

iGndeMt.jpg

tLtD2Hx.jpg

zp03Laq.jpg

Notice there are now mannequins for the Truck companies to recover in searches, the truck making forcible entry on the metal door out front so that the engine can stretch a line in and knock the fire down. 

This is a project Ive started working on in the last few days to train mostly my NYCERU members for action. Ive also set my goal to release this as an updated Standard Definition Version. Ive shaved and optimized it from 500mbs down to 150mbs. Quick download, quick install, quick load up and smooth gameplay. Even on intels!

It only includes:

4 fully searchable on all floors, ventable, and dynamic fires (Something that has NEVER been done before)

These buildings are almost 100% Replicas of the ones at the actual FDNY Fire Academy. 

Each building has its own number and its number indicates its purpose:

xQyiCFD.jpg

2. Smoke Training

3. Taxpayer

4. Multiple Dwelling

5. Live Fire Training

5 FDNY Apparatus: 1 Rearmount, 1 Tower Ladder, 2 Engines, and a Division Car

New command to click what you want to light on fire or extinguish everything all together for the training feel.

Keep in mind this is the training academy and no events happen on there own. No EMS runs, no PD runs, just fire training. 

This mod includes new features that will be in the Brooklyn Modification. It is also to give the low spec PCs something to play with in the mean time.

Enjoy! 

• Upvote 3

Tbh i'd have just consolidated these projects as one large one since you're using the same things (including units) from fdny, things like this one could have been in the mission section of the mod.

Tbh i'd have just consolidated these projects as one large one since you're using the same things (including units) from fdny, things like this one could have been in the mission section of the mod.

Well you are not very familiar with our mods then. They are poorly optimized, if we were to include the Brooklyn modifications and the Manhattan Modifications into one project the mod would probably be about 5-6 Gbs and take about 15-20 minutes to load each session. Besides we are the only modification out there to continuously update and patch our mod. We go through and update our models and textures all the time and release updates to the public so that they can get something new out of our mod and not play the same things all the time. I.E Engine 65 and Engine 34 received new rigs last year and when they did in real life, we made them in the mod and included them in the next update. We feel this gives our player base more motivation to follow our progress and play our mods.

The Brooklyn mod is to take people away from the crowded city streets of New York City and the automatic fire alarms and EMS runs and throw them into a neighborhood of crime and arson and lots of fires.

That being said each time we do something new we try to optimize best we can going through removing useless things that are not being used. In this case, we are trying to remove ALL unnecessary and make our mod as small as possible, that would be all of the Manhattan and Brooklyn buildings used. The only models under houses now are just 5 buildings that will be at the Training Academy. We removed 80% of our apparatus fleet keeping 2 engines and 2 ladders. So far we have bought our mod from 2.5 Gbs to 400mbs. 

Everyone making suggestions, I'm sorry but this is not a modification I am going to spend a lot of time on. This is a small time project I will have done probably by the end of this weekend. It was going to be private just so we could train our multiplayer guys but being so much easier to run and smaller in size I decided I would release it so you low spec guys could mess around with the new features. There will be no progress bar, and there will be no calls outside the academy.  :happy:

I was actually very aware that your mods are not optimized in any way, it just seems to me that releasing things that are related in fragments just clutters up people's games with more versions, perhaps a multiplayer version being separate from the freeplay/sp versions isnt a bad idea for a large mod to cut load times, but hey to each their own. 

Well you are not very familiar with our mods then. They are poorly optimized, if we were to include the Brooklyn modifications and the Manhattan Modifications into one project the mod would probably be about 5-6 Gbs and take about 15-20 minutes to load each session.

Poor optimization is something that can be fixed with an afternoon or two's work. Be it internal team, or asking someone else to take the mod and clean it up. I cleared out the unused thing sin mine, and spent an afternoon or so, and it loads twice as fast, and is a fraction of the initial size

I was actually very aware that your mods are not optimized in any way, it just seems to me that releasing things that are related in fragments just clutters up people's games with more versions, perhaps a multiplayer version being separate from the freeplay/sp versions isnt a bad idea for a large mod to cut load times, but hey to each their own. 

I don't see how that would work. We have released the following mods:

Manhattan Modification V1

Manhattan Modification V2

Manhattan Modification V3

WIP

Brooklyn Modification

and the Training Academy

Each one is completely different units, sounds and map. Each version is a different mod but each update is just a patch. You don't have v3.0.2, v3.0.4 and v3.0.5 all in your mods folder, we make that clear in the instructions. Each update is a stand alone and you should delete the previous one. Honestly the only thing related through each version is probably the units, however we update them with details and accuracy through each patch and update we release. Go back to release 1 of the Manhattan Mod and look at the difference between those units and the ones we are showing now. For me its just a big learning process, each release I have learned more and gotten more knowledge and experience under my belt as a modder which is really beneficial. Each release is different and putting them into one big one would just be even more of a clutter and to me would be more confusing, Id have no idea how to make that work unless through a third party launcher which would be pretty cool, self updates n stuff but one can only dream.

Poor optimization is something that can be fixed with an afternoon or two's work. Be it internal team, or asking someone else to take the mod and clean it up. I cleared out the unused thing sin mine, and spent an afternoon or so, and it loads twice as fast, and is a fraction of the initial size

I know it can, Ive done a lot but when it comes to Manhattan Mod I have 500+ textures needing optimization coming from GTA IV's multiple textures per building and the way we made our rigs we have on average 10 textures per vehicle model that me and Dyson produced. Optimization would take a lot longer than an afternoon. We went through and converted a large amount of images before release of v3 and found transparency had been lost, we went through trying to delete prototypes and models not needed finding out we needed them later on. We will start completely fresh when EM5 is out but for now our base that we have been working off of since New York Submod is really unstable and Im afraid if we even touch one thing it could all collapse. But were looking into options. Brooklyn Mod for one is extremely optimized so were excited to see how that will run on the low end computers.

P.S Tested the mod on an Intel laptop, runs extremely smooth. 

Notice there are now mannequins for the Truck companies to recover in searches, the truck making forcible entry on the metal door out front so that the engine can stretch a line in and knock the fire down. 

7uIbAv3.jpg
ONhFrsX.jpg

Sorry I gotta jump in here at this point.

You say that you moved on to another version how ever a lot of your mods that come out have so many bugs to start with that instead of create patches, which you guys are finally are doing now, you come out with a whole new version.  I can give a pretty good account on how things have gone down with a few hit and misses.

First we had the NY mod which was a reskin of the LA units.  Things were pretty well done.

Then you guys did your own map which was the snow map and it had huge amount of bugs in it that it was mostly deemed unplayable.  From there you guys went on to the Manhattan project. 

Manhattan V1.0 again had bugs and to many was unplayable if I remember correctly.

Manhattan v2.0 I can't really remember anything from this one.

Manhattan v3.0 unplayable to practically anyone that did not have a high end computer... you guys finally came out with the SD version which was playable at the beginning but when you added a patch in to it for some reason everyone started to get a CTD after roughly 5 minutes of game play.

Now you are coming out with this which again I agree with MikeyPI it seems really pointless, good if you want to train your own members of your clan, which you said you do, but other than that like he said would crowed my mod folder if I decided to down load it.

But hey... up to you man.

Sorry I gotta jump in here at this point.

You say that you moved on to another version how ever a lot of your mods that come out have so many bugs to start with that instead of create patches, which you guys are finally are doing now, you come out with a whole new version.  I can give a pretty good account on how things have gone down with a few hit and misses.

First we had the NY mod which was a reskin of the LA units.  Things were pretty well done.

Then you guys did your own map which was the snow map and it had huge amount of bugs in it that it was mostly deemed unplayable.  From there you guys went on to the Manhattan project. 

Manhattan V1.0 again had bugs and to many was unplayable if I remember correctly.

Manhattan v2.0 I can't really remember anything from this one.

Manhattan v3.0 unplayable to practically anyone that did not have a high end computer... you guys finally came out with the SD version which was playable at the beginning but when you added a patch in to it for some reason everyone started to get a CTD after roughly 5 minutes of game play.

Now you are coming out with this which again I agree with MikeyPI it seems really pointless, good if you want to train your own members of your clan, which you said you do, but other than that like he said would crowed my mod folder if I decided to down load it.

But hey... up to you man.

........if you don't  want to crowd your mod folder than don't download it?

And I'd help Raf and Dyson here by saying that there are not a lot of mods that reach the scope of Manhattan Mod, so yea it has had it share of problems and has improved. Example: Tower ladders went from unusable, to semi-buggy in multiplayer, and now it is completely usable. Its taken them time to learn the trade, if they had waited in V1 to figure out every single problem, the community wouldn't have two other awesome version. I might add that V1 has been improved since it release in V1.1.1 Extreme, which was basically released on nyceru. 

So I think everyone can agree lets get  :1046276160_schildbacktotopic: