Xplorer4x4

[BETA July 21][WIP]Los Angeles Mod v2.0 4x4 W00ds Map v1

Please do every one a favor and keep ignorant comments to your self. Just because it is w00ds map doesn't mean I haven't altered paths, added paths, altered spawn intervals, etc. Not to mention the original map was missing key things like triggers in some intersections to help detect traffic flow(such as the one lane construction area near the freeway on/off ramps). One example is that there is a path a long the bottom of the map that runs in to the airport and curves around by the police station. When you redirected traffic on this path, it crossed over the path for traffic exiting the airport parking lot. This caused massive traffic jams at this intersection so I altered the trajectory of the paths so there was a bit of clearance between the two so that both sides could make left turns with out interfering with each other. The VOs for some of the traffic lights have been adjusted to account for more traffic coming from certain directions rather then others.

how could that be Ignorant comment? by the way you could just say "I have a patch for that" stop hating. Thank you and goodbye.

I luv the ideas that you have come up with. Sounds like it will be a huge hit, just as the other LA mods. Great work with taking the time to improve our gaming experience. I like most now that we have gotten a taste of what is to come  can't wait for the release. For myself I have made several mods based on Boston but unable to release simply due to the size of the files but I do enjoy the work that everyone has put in and shared with the community. Thank you

how could that be Ignorant comment? by the way you could just say "I have a patch for that" stop hating. Thank you and goodbye.

Because it has nothing to do with this mod. I don't release half ass projects. Had you said something like "Traffic on w00ds map is horrible, have you fixed it?" that would be different. Instead you are commenting strictly on w00ds Map.

Now generally speaking to everyone, I am not saying traffic is perfect! As with any map you do have to keep an eye on things because frankly the game engine is rather lacking in traffic management.

Sounds great! I helped out w00ds a little on the original version of his map. I have since changed machines and lost the map.  I will love seeing what you have done with it.  Do you think you will be posting any pics soon?

I remember that and you started to get my hopes up! I was hoping to find the map texture on my HDD because I would like to make a few small changes. As for pics, possibly. Map wise there is not much to show off. I recall making some texture changes near FS1 and the PD station, but nothing worth showing off. Most of the changes map wise are under the hood so to speak. Altering the paths, spawn intervals, adding triggers, adding VOs to prevent units from taking certain shortcuts, or in one case I found a house that was locked but not accessible. Well when it decided to catch fire, I had 9 hose lines hitting it(4 Lines from 2 engines, plus the tiller) for like 10 min and still could not put it out.

Because it has nothing to do with this mod. I don't release half ass projects. Had you said something like "Traffic on w00ds map is horrible, have you fixed it?" that would be different. Instead you are commenting strictly on w00ds Map.

Now generally speaking to everyone, I am not saying traffic is perfect! As with any map you do have to keep an eye on things because frankly the game engine is rather lacking in traffic management.

I remember that and you started to get my hopes up! I was hoping to find the map texture on my HDD because I would like to make a few small changes. As for pics, possibly. Map wise there is not much to show off. I recall making some texture changes near FS1 and the PD station, but nothing worth showing off. Most of the changes map wise are under the hood so to speak. Altering the paths, spawn intervals, adding triggers, adding VOs to prevent units from taking certain shortcuts, or in one case I found a house that was locked but not accessible. Well when it decided to catch fire, I had 9 hose lines hitting it(4 Lines from 2 engines, plus the tiller) for like 10 min and still could not put it out.

Everything sounds really good. I was a massive fan of woods maps. They were bigger and felt more realistic. However as im sure you are aware and everyone else is aware, the traffic was a nightmare! Another problem i hated was the fact none of the units stuck to the roads and had to click again before sticking to the roads. However, the ambulance never stuck to the road on the way to the hospital. Sounds like you have it all figured out now anyway so i look forward to this! Keep up the good work buddy! :)

Pretty sure they aren't any bigger then the other LA Mod maps. :P Like I said, traffic might not be perfect. You still need to watch it. Hell atm I feel traffic is to light(after some recent changes), where as before the changes the testers felt that traffic might need to be toned down just a very small amount. So over all I think traffic should be pretty good. Not perfect but pretty damn good. :)

As for units sticking to the road, to some degree theres just nothing I can do in this regard. In some cases I have added a VO or two to help with this. For example, the apartment complex across from FS2, units would notoriously cut through here. Not any more. :) I have/am doing what I can in certain areas Over all the end results will be more manageable imo. The testers are welcome to speak up and comment on traffic or paths here if they want.

Well if that is the case then I will speak up, I was waiting until you said we can haha.

Traffic is like Xplorer said very manageable now.  It is like with every map you have to KEEP AN EYE on your Police units and make sure that they are not snarling up anywhere. 

But other than that it is really really good.  I believe that he has a few other things for us to test and make sure it is working, a big one is coming up, but yea I can honestly say that this is gonna be sweet.

Well if that is the case then I will speak up, I was waiting until you said we can haha.

Traffic is like Xplorer said very manageable now.  It is like with every map you have to KEEP AN EYE on your Police units and make sure that they are not snarling up anywhere. 

But other than that it is really really good.  I believe that he has a few other things for us to test and make sure it is working, a big one is coming up, but yea I can honestly say that this is gonna be sweet.

If it is something I have openly mentioned here, then you guys are always free to speak up. ;) I actually turned traffic back up in Alpha 7 because I felt it was to little traffic the way I adjusted it and tbh traffic flow seems just fine where as before it was just a little to much.

I think Em4 Freeplay has the same map with no traffic problems but does lacks all the goodies,  i was working on old school mod for Boston rescue and used the woods map. i made some changes to the traffic so it would flow better.  If you have not got that far yet this might help good luck.  PS I would PM but you're not crazy about that. 

I think Em4 Freeplay has the same map with no traffic problems but does lacks all the goodies,  i was working on old school mod for Boston rescue and used the woods map. i made some changes to the traffic so it would flow better.  If you have not got that far yet this might help good luck.  PS I would PM but you're not crazy about that. 

https://mega.co.nz/#!uYgDBLCQ!OnbLCWTG14Mlhc2ebtkO-Z8XACh3OmR-xzXFdt5yv9k

No this map is from EM4 with a few changes. No need to PM it to me. This works just fine.I will try to look at it later or tomorrow and see what it looks like, but I think traffic is a non issue at this point. I think I have even come up with a solution for preventing units from getting stuck in the train crossing. My advice though, find the traffic light by the railroad crossing furthest from FS2. Move the traffic light to the other side of the tracks to prevent traffic from stopping on the tracks.If you need a screen shot let me know.

Will you be changing the old la mod engines up. I'm not even sure what brand they were supposed to be in the first place

As a matter of fact, the majority of engines on the map will be new models. One of the Pierce Arrow engines currently in the mod will indeed be hanging around in FS2. So there will be a few new models. ;) If I told everyone whats stationed on the map, you might say it was over kill but given the frequency of events and the scale, some small and some large but manageable with a little care, However, being only one USAR on the map adds an element of realism(a big focus in this project compared to my last) because just like in real life, sometimes the USAR has to come from quite a distance away. If memory serves me right, there were cutback a few years ago and a few USARs got put out of service and/or moved around I believe.

Will you be adding a station at the airport?

Undecided, there are going to be quite a few units on the map as is.

Ok sweet thinks, to this day I still can't figure out what the la mod engines are supposed to resemble

LAFD Engine 1 (ALS - Technically they are Paramedic Assessment Engines now, one medic vs 2)

2003 Pierce Arrow XT

http://mikesphotos.us/g2/v/Action/Events/FSD/LAFD/2011-FSD-88/LAFD+Engine+88/

LAFD Engine 2 (BLS)

1999 Pierce Dash

http://mikesphotos.us/g2/v/Action/Events/FSD/LAFD/2011-FSD-88/LAFD+Engine+288/

Hmmm what shall I tease you guys with today? Let me sea what I can dig up..(subliminal messaging, gotta love it). Whenever 2 medics/2 EMTs go to grab the stretcher, the scene lights will automaticly kick on and off with the rear doors opening and closing.

Lighting wise, still heavy on the lights! I believe most of the light patterns are the same as the last project.

Also there were some problems with the LAAP Tahoe model so I have decided to make it a slicktop SUV instead. The FBI SUV had some bad ass lights on it and since I don't see much need for FBI in freeplay I copied over the lighting from that to this unit. Down the road this might get replaced(at least spawn wise) with a little something different with one of the oddest looking light bars I have ever seen but part is wishful thinking for now.

I think once the stations are fully set up properly, you might find it changes your strategy in game.

Whats up Xplorer4X4  I was Just queries to what light's you might be going with for your Mod.  CFD, ELM4 or your own?  Both of them do good light work. CFD lights are very impressive but he uses lot of Polys and light count is high 200 /300.  It causes some lag to game performance.  I also noticed while making my Mod the radiation can cause a lot of lag to.   ELM4 lights are nice and are very clean looking and his count is low.   i saw the pictures of the new models they look good could you, when you get a chance make a close up picture or small video thanks. 

Whats up Xplorer4X4  I was Just queries to what light's you might be going with for your Mod.  CFD, ELM4 or your own?  Both of them do good light work. CFD lights are very impressive but he uses lot of Polys and light count is high 200 /300.  It causes some lag to game performance.  I also noticed while making my Mod the radiation can cause a lot of lag to.   ELM4 lights are nice and are very clean looking and his count is low.   i saw the pictures of the new models they look good could you, when you get a chance make a close up picture or small video thanks.

Lights: "Lighting wise, still heavy on the lights! I believe most of the light patterns are the same as the last project." So it is a combination. Mostly CFD and a little bit from Occram's light packs when he was around. Generally speaking I think I mainly used Occram's lights on units with rotators in lightbars.