Xplorer4x4

[BETA July 21][WIP]Los Angeles Mod v2.0 4x4 W00ds Map v1

MyDfQUt.jpg

This is a beta release and bugs are expected. Some engines and units serve as place holders for the final models. So things may not be 100% accurate in terms of models at this time. Some units are missing unit images, and such. Some scripts are still being tweaked. That said you should be able to enjoy this with out much issue.The final version will likely be hosted on my dedicated server allowing fast downloads and have very little wait time and nice installer..although technically the mod installer works great, just sucks at compression.

Download:
Beta 3
https://www.mediafire.com/file/85lsqhiccgma03m/Los_Angeles_Mod_v2.0_4x4_W00ds_Map_v1_BETA_03.rar/file

This mod requires Narco's light pack. If you are getting white boxes where the lights should be, it means that the light pack was not installed properly (if at all). It also requires these extra coronas: http://www.filesonthe.net/CVk3M

• Upvote 1

And now for some info!!!!!!!!

I am not going to release all the details just yet! Little by little!

So what can we expect from this project? ALOT!!!!!!!!! New models, new call buttons, some new features based on classic features we all know and love!

First, lets start out with some info on the po-lice!

1. A new LAPP Crown Vic was added with a nice pretty LED lightbar.

2. A new LAAP Chevy Tahoe complete with LED lighting package courtesy of the light guru himself CFD!

3. SPAWNING! - Don't you hate how you have to take time to send out PD units to various points of the map? Forget it!

3A. Both LAPP Crown Vics will be spawn at the LAPP station and staffed at the start of the game!

3B. LAAP Crown Vic and Tahoe will will spawn at the LAAP station and staffed at the start of game!

3C. A CHP unit(undecided which one of the three) will spawn on the freeway and be staffed at the start of the game!

3D. All of the above units have specially designated patrol paths. The LAPP wil patrol in and near the port. The LAAP will patrol near the airport(sadly they patrol a bit further out then I would like but I kept them as close as possible to the airport)!

3E. After the units above have spawned, they will automatically start patrolling after a few seconds!

W00Ds maps, eh? I'll check this out for a change of pace from the LA mod map, even if it means coming back from all my changes.

Sounds like you came up with a lot of ideas I ended up having with my personal submod based on YSBs. I got all my police vehicles spawning at start, complete with the same staffing functions as fire vehicles (except for turning on or off auto-staffing which I might add), and three patrolling vehicles. Beats having to manually send everything out for sure, and gave me the delays in call command dispatching that I wanted.

W00Ds maps, eh? I'll check this out for a change of pace from the LA mod map, even if it means coming back from all my changes.

Sounds like you came up with a lot of ideas I ended up having with my personal submod based on YSBs. I got all my police vehicles spawning at start, complete with the same staffing functions as fire vehicles (except for turning on or off auto-staffing which I might add), and three patrolling vehicles. Beats having to manually send everything out for sure, and gave me the delays in call command dispatching that I wanted.

Psst check your PMs ;)

In your case you could make a transition fairly easy for the most part. I prefer Araxis Merge, but you may try Beyond Compare or any similar software thats lets you compare two scripts/docs side by side. From there merge your scripts in to mine. Then place your VOs and if needed add any new commands you made to the prototypes. Not hard just a bit time consuming.

Fire Stations:

The fire stations are not going to be seeing a lot of extra units parked outside as was the case with the OG 4x4 submod. I have chosen three real life stations as the basis for the project and given the real life apparatus on these stations, I think people will be pretty content with the units already on the map. Plus the usual extra apparatus will be available from off the map!

Ideas/Suggestions:

Also if people have any suggestions I am open to ideas but this mod is pretty feature packed as it is so it might wait until the next project but the offer is on the table for suggestions and ideas!

w00ds traffic is horrible!

Please do every one a favor and keep ignorant comments to your self. Just because it is w00ds map doesn't mean I haven't altered paths, added paths, altered spawn intervals, etc. Not to mention the original map was missing key things like triggers in some intersections to help detect traffic flow(such as the one lane construction area near the freeway on/off ramps). One example is that there is a path a long the bottom of the map that runs in to the airport and curves around by the police station. When you redirected traffic on this path, it crossed over the path for traffic exiting the airport parking lot. This caused massive traffic jams at this intersection so I altered the trajectory of the paths so there was a bit of clearance between the two so that both sides could make left turns with out interfering with each other. The VOs for some of the traffic lights have been adjusted to account for more traffic coming from certain directions rather then others.

If there is a place on the map that'll work, vehicle bays would be great. I assume that actual station doesn't park outside.

I have seen where an RA was stationed outside under a tent/canopy(like this) and I have seen where the RA might be parked back to back with say an Engine and respond out of the rear of of the station bays. In this case I see both and engine and RA stationed under a tent like that one when looking at the station in Google Maps.