rafaelmfernandez

[RELEASED] Brooklyn "Borough of Fire" (BOF) Modification

Em4 just does that some times it will linger on a particular call it's just the game engine. The call has been removed in the update and the game recognises more of the others now :)

Wow thank you very much for the quick reply, as someone who has been involved in other forums where it takes decades for a response its really nice to see someone dedicated to their fans! I'll be sure to keep up with this page and can't wait for the update! 

Hey guys, first off nice job with the Brooklyn mod it is really fun. I just was wondering what ever happened to the new Manhattan Mod that you guys were working on.

If your referring to the Upper East Side, the updated V2, its still in the works. It just has been postponed obviously until the Brooklyn update is done so that many of the features/new vehicles can be incorporated into it.

It has happened to me also, I'm not sure why though. You just have to allow it to still download.

I've got rid of Norton now so that's out of the way, and I let Chrome download it. Had it before on my previous PC but had the same problem. Either way, lovely mod indeed!

I've got rid of Norton now so that's out of the way, and I let Chrome download it. Had it before on my previous PC but had the same problem. Either way, lovely mod indeed!

I had an issue with Norton before and got rid of it then i got trend micro and it has worked every time there has been virus. when i download a file it scans it and it doesn't stop it unless it starts to install with out permission.

Throughout the month of April progress has had to be halted, it had been slowing in March but due to the amount of personal University work I had/have left in my final year I've had to put the mod on hold for a month or two.

The project is by no means dead, just when you're a one man team if you haven't got the time the project stops.

So anyway I thought I'd give some info about what I was working on before it had to be put on hold. Version 2 of the Brooklyn BOF mod, which contains a lot of model updates, texture reworks, gameplay improvements, a new firehouse, new calls and a lot of bug fixes. This version is almost complete now I was just at the stage of sorting tiny bugs or glitches reported in the beta testing.

So anyway I know a lot of people were getting anxious about where the news and updates had gone so I wanted to update you guys, also I'll give away one of the new features, I've been working with BMA and we have implemented a homicide script into standard freeplay, allowing players to investigate crimes and arrest murderers.

So that's all I'm giving away for now hope this explains the lack of news.

Dyson

No worries bro lol.  Like I always say, with you guys, I know that we're guaranteed a release sometime in the near future so I'm still looking forward to it.  Glad to hear that you're almost done though, so hopefully you can get things back on track soon.

In the meantime, good luck and stay focused on school.  We'll all be eagerly awaiting your return lol.  :holdglass:  

Dyson!  sounds exciting the new homicide script.   Also the crime scene tape will work well it's killer. EM3 had one by Hoppah where you recover evidence is this similar?  Also I thought a good old fashion bar fight, for call with multiple casualty.  Officer arrived and need help OT button suspects flee and chase is on sound fun lol!        

Yeah pretty much same as that. You have a call of a body, arrive on scene establish a perimeter then the detectives can examine the body and look for clues. Once all are found the suspect becomes available on map and you have to canvas the area to track him down.

All together utilising detectives and patrol officers for various tasks involved in the event.

There will be more too now I have BMA's template to work from.

Yeah pretty much same as that. You have a call of a body, arrive on scene establish a perimeter then the detectives can examine the body and look for clues. Once all are found the suspect becomes available on map and you have to canvas the area to track him down.

All together utilising detectives and patrol officers for various tasks involved in the event.

There will be more too now I have BMA's template to work from.

You theoretically could have him bring his custom callout script to your mod. That would be so epic.

Which script is this? If you give me some details I will work on it

If you've played the Copanhagen mod 1.1, you'd see. Its the most awesomesauce thing to come out of EMP and few are aware of it.

Its basically bma's brand new set of callouts that replace the original freeplay events. The possiblities are endless, but is a pain to script and requires massive map edits. RCMP has implemented his script and taken it one step further by combining it with mission script capabilities.

If you've played the Copanhagen mod 1.1, you'd see. Its the most awesomesauce thing to come out of EMP and few are aware of it.

Its basically bma's brand new set of callouts that replace the original freeplay events. The possiblities are endless, but is a pain to script and requires massive map edits. RCMP has implemented his script and taken it one step further by combining it with mission script capabilities.

I messed around with the Copenhagen mod for a bit, and didn't even realize there was something like that in there. Doesn't look too bad, but yeah, looks like it would be many map changes.

I don't want to clutter this thread, but is there any more info on the script floating around?