rafaelmfernandez

[RELEASED] Brooklyn "Borough of Fire" (BOF) Modification

I have downloaded the mod 2 times already from the Mega website and I get a corrupt file...

!   C:\Users\User1\Downloads\Setup (1).exe: Checksum error in Borough Of Fire Brooklyn Modification\Models\Objects\Buildings\ldbrickplainold.png. The file is corrupt
!   C:\Users\User1\Downloads\Setup (1).exe: Unexpected end of archive

It takes for me 3 hours to download the mod and its really irritating that this is happening. Anything I can do without having to re download the whole mod again?

Any reason dismount in station was removed? I really enjoyed that added realism and its nice because you need a FF to open the bay doors anyway.

Popular opinion was they don't like it, if I get enough of a preference for it I'll add the option

I have to say I liked the auto dismount as well...It was one less thing I would have to do when they returned to the station. I suppose I can just go back to manually doing it again which is no big deal. If you want that added bit of realism when you play you have to have the crews out and with their bunker gear removed. I am realistic and understand that type of game play is not for everyone...

In addition to all the comments about auto dismount. I personally don't like it.

There is just not the space inside the stations and all firefighters were standing cramped right next to their trucks.

It was tedious to sort out which one goes inside the engine and which one inside the truck, then open the doors etc.

I am happy you did this compromise, still people who like to play more realistic can manually dismount.

I understand both sides, I didn't like it at first but I grew to like it. I also understand that it's a bit annoying to sort then but it's not too bad. Brings me to a suggestion, would it be possible to bring back auto dismount and then make it so when a station alarm is sounded, the responding units would gear up, a member would open the door, and get on the apparatus?

Yes I did like the auto dismount, but when I'm trying to fill out a box it get kinda time consuming getting their gear on and out the door.

On another note, Is it possible to get the SCBA gear up in truck script to work for all FFs/Officers except the chauffeur and not only 3 guys? 

I think the mod is beautifully designed and made, but the gameplay can be so very frustrating.

Why is the unit wayfinding so poor? Wrong way up one-way-streets and going the long way round (particularly in the bottom right corner of the map), is this a failure of the game or the map or the units? What can I do to avoid this?

Is there any way that the traffic can be directed away? I'm frustrated by going to an event and having to work around NPC vehicles around the scene that I can't move, that will ignore the police officers unless they're physically in the way, that will prevent me getting units in to or away from the event and that will gum up the map.

Sorry for the rant, I've spent weeks desperately trying to love these mods, but it's all just too much.

I think the mod is beautifully designed and made, but the gameplay can be so very frustrating.

Why is the unit wayfinding so poor? Wrong way up one-way-streets and going the long way round (particularly in the bottom right corner of the map), is this a failure of the game or the map or the units? What can I do to avoid this?

Is there any way that the traffic can be directed away? I'm frustrated by going to an event and having to work around NPC vehicles around the scene that I can't move, that will ignore the police officers unless they're physically in the way, that will prevent me getting units in to or away from the event and that will gum up the map.

Sorry for the rant, I've spent weeks desperately trying to love these mods, but it's all just too much.

Welcome to the forum! I definitely recognise your username...

Not much can really be done about the unit wayfinding, it's more of an AI issue with the game so there's not a lot anyone can do in these mods. Unfortunately, I don't think there's really a way of avoiding it either, although you can use the standby command instead of sending the units on patrol.

The redirect function was removed from this particular mod a while back, because it caused more problems than it fixed. It's generally easier to close off entire streets at the very end of the road your units are on.

I have downloaded the mod 2 times already from the Mega website and I get a corrupt file...

!   C:\Users\User1\Downloads\Setup (1).exe: Checksum error in Borough Of Fire Brooklyn Modification\Models\Objects\Buildings\ldbrickplainold.png. The file is corrupt
!   C:\Users\User1\Downloads\Setup (1).exe: Unexpected end of archive

It takes for me 3 hours to download the mod and its really irritating that this is happening. Anything I can do without having to re download the whole mod again?

bump

I don't think that file get corruped in one day by the site. It's must be on your side with download speed. Try to use Download Master program, no way file get broken after it. 

alrighty I downloaded from third link and it works great now :D

Only problem I have now is performance in the mod. I have an Asus K52F/K62F Notebook with Intel Pentium and 4GB ram. Ive read that this mod supposedly runs better than Manhattan but I have the manhattan mod and it runs without any issues.

Also how do I disable the enhanced camera settings? I want the default camera settings because if I put my camera angle anywhere looking near the horizon (black area) of the map it crashes.

I'm gonna officially lobby for a second squad company. Realistically it would be Squad 1. If 252 goes in as a first or second due engine, then they are replaced as a squad. So it is realistically possible to have 2 squads on the assignment. Squad 288 should really be in the game too since they respond as a hazmat squad as well. So I guess I'm lobbying for 2 more squads........

What you could do is put the unit in yourself to have it to your own personal liking. Thats what i did. My version has alot of Fire PD and a couple More EMS and 2 MERV's. and ive edited Police in Brooklyn and In Manhattan Mod 3.0.5c (Which PS ill Copy the PD units fro Brooklyn To Manhattan mod hehe!!![Or Replace])

[P.S. when is the update going to be relased???]

Hi guys! I do want to say I am a big fan of the mod and your work! As you can probably tell I am new too the website and posting on here. I have been playing for a while in freeplay, and have noticed that when the mod dispatches a traffic accident most of the time it ends up being the box truck into the building in the middle of the map. Doing this same mission over and over gets a little repetitive, I went into the editor only to find tons of other accidents scattered across the map that I have never seen in the game! I was wondering what the reason is that I only see this accident and a couple others, and some I've never seen at all? Thanks again for putting out a great mod and putting all the time and effort into it!

Hi guys! I do want to say I am a big fan of the mod and your work! As you can probably tell I am new too the website and posting on here. I have been playing for a while in freeplay, and have noticed that when the mod dispatches a traffic accident most of the time it ends up being the box truck into the building in the middle of the map. Doing this same mission over and over gets a little repetitive, I went into the editor only to find tons of other accidents scattered across the map that I have never seen in the game! I was wondering what the reason is that I only see this accident and a couple others, and some I've never seen at all? Thanks again for putting out a great mod and putting all the time and effort into it!

Em4 just does that some times it will linger on a particular call it's just the game engine. The call has been removed in the update and the game recognises more of the others now :)