rafaelmfernandez

[RELEASED] Brooklyn "Borough of Fire" (BOF) Modification

I was making some adjustments in the editor and scripts and decided to add the 2nd. and 3rd alarm call commands to the battalion chief and division chief along with the 10-75 command. The vehicles spawn and it works fine except for the staffing on the rigs. The engines spawn with 4 Chauffeurs and the ladder with 2( some times with a battalion chief) . I looked at the battalion chief script to see about changing the staffing when they are spawned but could not figure out exactly what the correct changes that should be made . It seems not to be as straight forward as say changing the crew staffing in the FirestationStart script or in the Units.XML.....I am not sure what I am missing...

I know why and its why the commands were removed I'll look into making them functional again.

I'm currently looking for someone with some time on their hands to help out with some basic lighting, must have some experience with polygon lighting and be prepared to do a lot of lights. I'll explain more one to one if anyone's interested.

PD fleet updates, still a few left to do yet..

Sweet Jesus. It looks beautiful. I am so glad I could help make this picture possible. And no one's noticed the 2010 Ford Explorer model yet..

I would recommend adding some equipment to the Suburban like a rambar and some antennas to make it look like something the US Government would use.

Cool....Thanks for the reply....Its a feature that would be handy at times.

Based off this suggestion I've revisited the call units commands.

There are now 5 new options -

All Hands (FD) this calls an additional 4 units to the scene, 2 engines a ladder and battalion.

Second Alarm (FD) calls an additional 6 units to scene, Field Com, Rac, 1 engine, 2 ladders and division.

Third Alarm (FD) calls an additional 6 units 3 Engines, 2 Ladders, Rescue Batt

Call Supervisor (PD) calls nypd van to the scene with sergeant patrol supervisor for calls requiring additional support.

Officer in distress (PD) calls 18 patrol cars to the scene and an armed response unit.

This has made big responses quicker and easier, a huge fire can summon 90% of the response area FD in seconds from one chief.

In the same respect an officer down or in need can call the entire patrol fleet in seconds.

Let me know what you guys think along with any suggestions. I'll be posting a demo vid soon.

Based off this suggestion I've revisited the call units commands.

There are now 5 new options -

All Hands (FD) this calls an additional 4 units to the scene, 2 engines a ladder and battalion.

Second Alarm (FD) calls an additional 6 units to scene, Field Com, Rac, 1 engine, 2 ladders and division.

Third Alarm (FD) calls an additional 6 units 3 Engines, 2 Ladders, Rescue Batt

Call Supervisor (PD) calls nypd van to the scene with sergeant patrol supervisor for calls requiring additional support.

Officer in distress (PD) calls 18 patrol cars to the scene and an armed response unit.

This has made big responses quicker and easier, a huge fire can summon 90% of the response area FD in seconds from one chief.

In the same respect an officer down or in need can call the entire patrol fleet in seconds.

Let me know what you guys think along with any suggestions. I'll be posting a demo vid soon.

Awesome.....Great work.

That is a great feature and will make things easier to manage for calling in additional assets ....

.I find it becomes a real chore trying to manually call additional units in freeplay one at a time for a major incident....

Wow, that is a much needed feature haha. I always needed a lot of units on a gas explosion scene, but by the time I called them all in, the fire would be out, so it will be nice to finally have all of my units onscene.

I'm trying to listen to as much feedback as possible and let players shape the gameplay brooklyn was made to play how we liked to play but obviously everyone has their own preferences so the more feedback the more ill add in

The varied response is awesome. Can u transmit a 10-75 as well (4 engines, 3 ladders, 2 Chiefs and special units if available)?

Also, I noticed some of the responses are off. I know that there arn't enough units in the mod to make it completely realistic but you can check the link below out to help if you would like.

www.fdnewyork.com/aa.asp

Thank you!

I'm currently looking for someone with some time on their hands to help out with some basic lighting, must have some experience with polygon lighting and be prepared to do a lot of lights. I'll explain more one to one if anyone's interested.

PaganiZonda760 this is someone on the cutting edge for lights by sides CFD and others. To busy  to commit at this time later. 

Demo of the new call unit commands, check em' out. All hands fire in Singleplayer.

Looks awesome man, great work. These quick and easy response scripts are one of my favourite features in a mod. I have to admit though, I'm dying to see the bigger overkill responses and especially those 18 patrol cars.  :cool:

Awesome Work! Can not wait to the patch comes out to play the mod like it should be. Do you plan to add the new nyfd units like the KME engines like 316 and things like that. Would like to see them along with the first responding 9-11-01 engine and ladder truck!

There's already loads of FD units, this is mainly a patch about balancing the 3 agencies, and the KME engine will NOT be in any of the mods at any point as tey're ugly as hell so I wont be making them ;)

There's already loads of FD units, this is mainly a patch about balancing the 3 agencies, and the KME engine will NOT be in any of the mods at any point as tey're ugly as hell so I wont be making them ;)

Makes sense lol.  With the FDNY fleet, new rigs are added constantly so it's gotta be hard to keep up haha.

And just a question, when you call an all hands, does it call all available on-map units as well as some off-map ones?  In the video there were just just off map ones besides the rescue so I'm just confirming...