rafaelmfernandez

[RELEASED] Brooklyn "Borough of Fire" (BOF) Modification

Have you tried moving it with a crane

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 mini

Yeah I tried the crane and the tow truck from all angles, and even after the debris disappeared they couldn't pick it up.

On a separate note, does anyone have the run cards/street names for BOF? I like to play realistically when not doing NYCERU so It'd be cool to be able to send the correct units on different boxes.

Don't know if this is a bug but in front of E222 and battalion 37's house there's an underground explosion... Is that suppose to happen or is it a bug

Had that while playing a game on squad had quite a few maydays dont know how to extinguish the fire

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 mini

Likely the schoolbus issue is caused by not having the model set as towable. The only way to get rid of it then is to blow it up. usually it'll choose a char model you can tow, if not, you've gotta wait for that to disappear on its own. 

Simple things like that were missed, so you may have to do them yourself.

Yeah some things like that just didn't come up in testing, they've already been addressed in the patch were just making sure all bugs are fixed before releasing a patch we only want to have to release one patch rather than several.

Thanks for your patience

Hey Dyson, do you have the apparatus file for the updated 111 Truck? For some reason I have the older version with the red sign instead of the flag sign. Also where would I put it? I would just reinstall the mod, but I have my map edited just to where I like it...thanks in advance!

Hey Dyson, do you have the apparatus file for the updated 111 Truck? For some reason I have the older version with the red sign instead of the flag sign. Also where would I put it? I would just reinstall the mod, but I have my map edited just to where I like it...thanks in advance!

Copy the map out, reinstall the mod and copy the map back in, simple ;) you'll be replacing your map with the patch soon anyway unless you don't want a new firehouse and map bug fixes that come with the patch ;) 

So I finally got this mod and I say well done! And while the mod does come with a learning curve with the added realism and all I think its quite good all around. I also like how I can still do the campaign. There are a number of bugs most of which I suspect have been mentioned, parking at the PD station being one, I also like the limited water supply but it seems a bit buggy, but I guess that comes with the territory.

I don't think that their mods are "buggy". I think that they are built with very large amounts of details. This adds immersion, but also leads to performance issues. I think that is a lot of what we are experiencing.

When I first got this mod, it ran well enough. I had all of my settings on high, and when I got more than a few units on scene, my game would lag horribly. I had issues with my chauffers, and a few other things. Nothing huge, but clearly performance related. One thing that was annoying was that I seemed to get the same calls in the same places. I also got mostly EMS related calls.

I went in to the editor. I deleted a lot of small things. Not because I wanted to, but to improve performance. I deleted the pedestrian spawn point the bottom of the map near the park. I deleted a lot of trash bags and trash cans. I also deleted the elevated subway. I didn't want to, but I play with it minimized anyway so....

The end result has been a super gaming experience. This mod as I have it edited is my favorite game. I get tons of fires all over the map. I get ems runs. I can put a full 10-75 worth of apparatus in one place, and still get acceptable performance.

One thing that I have found is that when E222 and R2 have their engines running, their white scene lights come on. That uses a lot of resources. I shut down their engines and turn their emergency lights back on when they are on the scene, and that seems to fix the issue. I have cured my chauffer and Sattellite 6 issues. Also traffic is much more manageable. There aren't a ton of people or cars on my map, but the increase in fires has been well worth it. I suggest to anyone who is having bugs to go into the editor and scale down the map. If it fails miserably, just reinstall the mod. I am running a quad core processor @3.75ghz with 8g of RAM. My graphics card is 1ghz. There is just a lot to process. By taking some of the small stuff that you won't miss away, you'll increase performance dramatically...,