squamishfire

LA MOD Chase in NYC Mod

Hey all.

I took Hoppahs chase and put it into the NYC mod that he helped create.  It starts just find and chases after the individual, but then when it gets close where the officers step out of the vehicle it blows up... Is there something within the chase command that I have to update?

Thanks.

Bump. Same situation, need help on this.

I am not a modder, but do know my way around EM4 and the ways mods work, and have added the script to my self-contained mod, and have added it to all the police vehicles that I want to use the command. (NYC units)

The issue arises, where I use the command, however, as soon as this is done, the vehicle itself turns into a wreck. I have trawled through your code vaguely, and cannot see anywhere which would call for this to occur.

I can't even imagine how that would be possible. The only thing I can think of would be that one of the officers was trying to shoot through the car at the criminal, and the criminal back, and it eventually got destroyed.

That would be it. Probably has something to do with the fact that NYC Mod vehicles have no driver's side 'special door' which spawns the officer on the left side of the vehicle. When the suspect shoots, the officers end up shooting their own car instead.

Montana mod had this issue, so I corrected it with a little piece of code. Figure it out guys.

Everybody, please don't PM Hoppah.

UPDATE: Fixed it. Inside the siren file, there was a small If-Statement getting the vehicle to be destroyed IF it was chasing someone down. Seemed really really perculiar. Nonetheless, its removed, and my game is working brilliantly now

On 04/04/2015 at 2:12 AM, tom_mj said:

This was being called every tick, when the siren was on. V is the current vehicle. Take a look:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xeneh9070bpfjja/Screenshot%202015-04-04%2002.11.26.png?dl=0

I appreciate this threat is a bit old now however I have this same issue, I have amended one of the Highway vehicles to be able to chase however when I click on it, the vehicle blows up instantly. I've tried searching the forum and Google for an answer but I can't find anything.  I can't find the siren file with the above if statement in? Where exactly is it?