jakebrdlyref

U.S. COAST GUARD MOD

All,

I am somewhat new to modding. I just finished my first complete mod(Kitsap County, Washington). I am active duty in the U.S. Coast Guard and thought It would be awesome to do a Coast Guard mod. The idea I have is to make the majority of the map water and instead of having a lot of callouts on land and few in the water, the majority of the game will take place on the water. Medevacs, stolen vessels, vessel collisions, broken down vessels(for using engineers), and vessel fires are just some of the callouts. I have quite a few. Now the problem: Units are not really a problem, but im not very good at creating the map/scripts. With the majority of the map being water I don't think it will be too hard, but I have never created a completely new map. Anyone who is interested in helping out please post up even if its something small. I am not a bossy "im in charge of this mod" guy. I am open to any help/suggestions. I think this will be an amazing mod if it gets finished. Thanks!

• Upvote 2

Hi and welcome to the forums,

This mod definitely sounds like it has some potential. A small suggestion though, maybe using the map from the campaign mission "Fire on oil rig!" might save some time on map making, but then again might not be your taste. I wish you all the best with your mod-making and I'll be watching closely for for any progress made...

Cheers

This mod looks like it really could turn out very good. There are USCG copters and I think, and also few boats from the LA mod, if I'm not mistaken. You could contact Hoppah about that.

As for the map, I would agree with the fire on the oil rig, or taking that and combining it with part of another map so u could have some more land. Just some ideas.

Good luck

Thank you guys for the input! I did decide to use the oil rig map and just make it bigger. It overlapped a little but for the first go around and the fact that most of it is water, I don't mind :12: All of the shore side and helicopter units are finished. 3 boats are finished but my 3D model software has stopped working properly so I am stuck for now on the 3 remaining boats. I am hope fully going to get some images up soon, but thus far my attempts have failed. Idk what it is something to do with my computer and emergency planet.

UPDATE: ok so the map is finished 100%. Landside I have no issues everything works great. I made a huge shift and set the stage in Seattle, WA. Also, the map I used was soo big there is actually quite a bit of city to it which makes it challenging to handle everything I like it so far! This will be a good mod for multiplayer. Speed bump #1: the biggest problem is when a vessel catches fire, it often engulfs the entire ship due to your only FF units being coast guard patrol boats. To try and control them, I am going to add hydrants to the ships to act as installed FF systems(which most commercial vessels have in real life). All you would have to do is embark firefighters. Speed bump#2: I have been trying and trying to get a script working which will allow you to lower a FF/paramedic from a helicopter(no success as of yet) and then recover them. Your helicopters not having this ability makes medevacs with your helos impossible without a small boat assisting. Speed bump#3: I cannot figure out how to allow my law enforcement boats to anchor. This makes it impossible to transport a prisoner off of a ship that the helo cant land on. Last, I am still working on some pictures. Stay tuned!!!!

Ok so I could not get actual screenshots. Sorry these are not good quality at all but they show most of the units with the exception of fire department units(I just used most of the LA mod units for those).

(1) 87' Patrol Boat alongside a ferry

(2)MH-68 Stingray and Seattle PD/USCG 25' RB-S boarding a ferry to apprehend a suspect

(3) HH-65 Dolphin and USCG 25' RB-S conducting medevac

(4) Seattle Fire Dept. Rescue 5/ EMS-5 and Washington State Patrol(WSP) Tahoe/CV/2014 Caprice on accident scene

(5) Seattle PD CVs/2008 Charger and WSP K-9 unit apprehending suspect

(6) USCG PD and Border Patrol boarding a Seattle PD 25' RB-S

(7) King County Sheriff CVs

(8) Seattle PD 2012 Chargers

(9) FBI Ford F-150s

post-57636-0-47704700-1389760993_thumb.j

post-57636-0-67347200-1389761046_thumb.j

post-57636-0-44364600-1389761065_thumb.j

post-57636-0-14048100-1389761091_thumb.j

post-57636-0-74116100-1389761114_thumb.j

post-57636-0-27666800-1389761156_thumb.j

post-57636-0-57050500-1389761182_thumb.j

post-57636-0-83782700-1389761207_thumb.j

post-57636-0-95403000-1389761226_thumb.j

Ok so I could not get actual screenshots. Sorry these are not good quality at all but they show most of the units with the exception of fire department units(I just used most of the LA mod units for those).

(1) 87' Patrol Boat alongside a ferry

(2)MH-68 Stingray and Seattle PD/USCG 25' RB-S boarding a ferry to apprehend a suspect

(3) HH-65 Dolphin and USCG 25' RB-S conducting medevac

(4) Seattle Fire Dept. Rescue 5/ EMS-5 and Washington State Patrol(WSP) Tahoe/CV/2014 Caprice on accident scene

(5) Seattle PD CVs/2008 Charger and WSP K-9 unit apprehending suspect

(6) USCG PD and Border Patrol boarding a Seattle PD 25' RB-S

(7) King County Sheriff CVs

(8) Seattle PD 2012 Chargers

(9) FBI Ford F-150s

I like knew from the start of topic you would take things from my mod, you also don't have my premmision to use parts (you was not even asking). Add at least any sort of copyright or i will ask you to delete those moddels. (Also do not use/post more units from miami mod)

P.S. http://download.chip.eu/en/FRAPS-3.5.8_101874.html

I sent you a PM regarding  some of the models I seen in your pictures from post#14.

You can use these models of nnico in the link below, which are free to use...

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/topic/15421-american-cars-ford-crown-ford-ex-etc-lightbars-and-other-stuff/

Coast Guard I think it looks good so far but you should ask the members for permission to use there mods or re-skins and light systems. They worked very hard on them it is insult to the models and the members. Keep plugging away even if you after to change a few thinks.  Good luck with the mod thanks for your service.    

This is a trial version for a mod to see if it was possible to create the game on the water(which it seems it is, and makes excellent gameplay). This version I am running right now is not going to be released until it is free of anyone else's shit. The majority of the vehicles/childs are already mine from my Kitsap County Mod(which I created over a period of a year). If you were looking at them closely you will notice distinct differences. However, for those of you who are panic-stricken that some cop in Washington who does this on occasion on his off time is going to somehow "steal the glory" from your mod, I will make sure I don't post pictures of the 2 units of yours I used to get the gameplay developed quicker(*cough cough MIAMI MOD). Thanks!

My weigh in on this as it's been flagged to my attention from numerous people.

For a start here's a list of who owns what (as far as I'm aware) from what you've used -

Crown Vic - NNICO

Impala (hard to see) - NNICO

Hitron Heli - LA (Hoppah/Mikey)

Blackhawk - LA (Hoppah/Mikey)

Boats - LA (Hoppah/Mikey)

Civil Vehicles - LA/Civil Coop (Various Owners)

Dodge Charger/Tahoe/Rescue - LA (Hoppah/Mikey)

GMC SUV - Manhattan (Rafaelmfernandez/myself)

F150 - Miami (Rihis/EMC-unit)

Person Skins/Models - LA (Hoppah)

+ more I was unable to pic out from phone shots.

So for a start you have very little grounds to stand on. Don't get me wrong I saw this mod and thought it looked good. Even after you didn't post any credits or ask for permission.

I think you're childish reaction to say everything you've used, from numerous others, is "sh*t", is well pretty ridiculous. Most mod teams are very open minded and try to encourage open source use and sharing of collective models etc, we for example as the Manhattan Mod allow free use of any models, however, I imagine I speak for both myself and Rafael and all the other owners when I say, call our stuff garbage and you can forget it. Please remove any photos of the files you have no ownership of and do not use them in any future releases.

Now onto the attacks on 'other mods'. After declaring yourself that you are "new to modding" do you think it's wise to wind-up half the modding community? The Miami Mod, which you singled out, may not have been released overnight, but stuff like that takes a while and will have been refined over time, constantly updating and improving, rather than just taking most units from the LA mod and putting them by the sea and then insulting mods that have completely built from the ground up.

I think you've shown yourself up big time and anything less than an apology for the insults and complying to all the authors demands would be a bad mistake.

Anyway no doubt a mod will step in and reiterate all this.

Dyson

I think you're childish reaction to say everything you've used, from numerous others, is "sh*t", is well pretty ridiculous. Most mod teams are very open minded and try to encourage open source use and sharing of collective models etc, we for example as the Manhattan Mod allow free use of any models, however, I imagine I speak for both myself and Rafael and all the other owners when I say, call our stuff garbage and you can forget it. Please remove any photos of the files you have no ownership of and do not use them in any future releases.

I don't believe you have the right to tell someone to take images down. Not distribute the models or textures? Sure. Not use them privately? Probably, but impossible to enforce. Not to simply post pictures of them? Highly doubtful.

And I think people might want to think for a second. Is telling someone to "pick up their shit" referring to their stuff as garbage? No, it's slang, as it is most likely here.

However... jakebrdlyref, even if EMC seemed to come on a bit harsh (might not be native English speaker), a bit of tact and humility would have been, and still is, a good choice.

I don't believe you have the right to tell someone to take images down. Not distribute the models or textures? Sure. Not use them privately? Probably, but impossible to enforce. Not to simply post pictures of them? Highly doubtful.

And I think people might want to think for a second. Is telling someone to "pick up their shit" referring to their stuff as garbage? No, it's slang, as it is most likely here.

However... jakebrdlyref, even if EMC seemed to come on a bit harsh (might not be native English speaker), a bit of tact and humility would have been, and still is, a good choice.

Asking to take down pictures is mainly on principle after such insulting words, but yes authors have the right to their intellectual property, just as reuploading images or their property is, if requested by the authors, a breach of their copyright on the intellectual property. So yes the authors who all seem pretty peeved off can ask for the pics to be removed.

So yeah

Dyson