Freelancer

The London Project [WIP]

The map is looking good! Im sure dyson will do a great job as always, but i have 2 questions/suggestions. Will there be any skyscrapers on the map? Id prefer it not to have them as they just dont  work well  with the game engine IMO. Also is there going to be a highway on the map?

Yes both motorway and large high rises. The map is split into sections, city, town and rural.

The city has a shopping district (highstreet shops and bars) business (banks skyscrapers etc) train station etc.

The town is mainly residential with a large estate but will also have some car dealrships, small shops and parks etc.

Rural is between the motorway and the train line, the area no one would want to live, this area is farmland and large isolated houses.

Hope this explains it, more to come pictures wise.

Do you know what the fire stations are going to be staffed with? And will there be a station for the ambulances or will they be called from off the map like in weldfordshire mod?

There will be a Fire station(s) with only fire engines. Hospitals will have the ambulances or maybe a small station

for them, this has not been discussed with the team yet.

Finally got my fraps working, anyway here's a couple of maps shots. This is very early days, I've done a section of each area of the map to show and then you can see how all the different areas are linked in the map overview. Thoughts/comments/suggestions. This map is based around London but for this version is just generic UK with London theme and units, so don't expect any landmarks.

Em4_2014_09_09_12_58_49_98.png

Em4_2014_09_09_12_59_21_06.png

Em4_2014_09_09_12_59_38_40.png

Em4_2014_09_09_13_00_10_90.png

Em4_2014_09_09_13_00_39_01.png

Em4_2014_09_09_13_01_04_62.png

are you going to make it so there are a lot more cars on the road than normal as London is on of the busiest city's in Europe

Also nice pics i love how we also have some rural areas as well, also is it possible to add met police horses for crowd control and ave them based in the country side?

and it is nothing to do with the map but do the met traffic units have any special equipment like traffic cones and a "POLICE SLOW" sign because i would love to set up a checkpoint on that motorway

and it is nothing to do with the map but do the met traffic units have any special equipment like traffic cones and a "POLICE SLOW" sign because i would love to set up a checkpoint on that motorway

I'd say so. I believe a POLICE ACCIDENT sign is already in use in the Midlands Modification, or was at least planned.

Looking great, anyway, Rule Britannia! :P

I'd say so. I believe a POLICE ACCIDENT sign is already in use in the Midlands Modification, or was at least planned.

Looking great, anyway, Rule Britannia! :P

oh cool and yea rule Britannia even though britan as we know its future hangs in the balance over the next few weeks

I know we will still be british but it will be a shame to loose a lot of the uks

history, I I went to Belgium recently to pay my respects and all of those people who lost there lives defending Great Britain and northen Ireland and now the union is tearing itself apart from the inside, I would just like to hear the opinion of all of the soldiers who died fighting to protect the uk.

Any way, back to topic, will there be highways agency land rover discos for the motorway?

I know we will still be british but it will be a shame to loose all of the us history, I I went to Belgium recently to pay my respects and all of those people who lost there lives defending Great Britain and northen Ireland and now the union is tearing itself apart from the inside, I would just like to hear the opinion of all of the soldiers who died fighting to protect the uk.

Any way, back to topic, will there be highways agency land rover discos for the motorway?

The map is looking awesome! It has everything!

Have you made the paths and all that yet? I would just suggest having alot of paths so there is more traffic and it makes the map more realistic.

are you going to make it so there are a lot more cars on the road than normal as London is on of the busiest city's in Europe

Also nice pics i love how we also have some rural areas as well, also is it possible to add met police horses for crowd control and ave them based in the country side?

Traffic can be a real hassle in this game so you have to kind of balance realism with what the game can handle. Now you can always adjust the traffic to your desired level, but do so at your own risk. :excl:

Posts merged. Please avoid double posting in future.

Hello all,

I would just like to give a little news to our fans,

The mod is coming along very nicely, I have only a couple of units left to finish then they are all done in 1.0

Most of the work is now on the map. Now I wish to go into more details about the map...

For the start of 1.0 we will try and include as many new buildings and objects as we can but it's a hell of a task for me to do

being the only main modeller. so for 1.0 some of the buildings will be like place-holders (Em4 buildings) until I get around to modelling the

actual UK style building. So as each version goes on more and more of the buildings will be made my myself until it's all eventually done by me

and more or less no Em4 buildings. Hopefully this will give more of an insight for what's to come with the mod and it's future buildings :)

In the meantime keep checking the topic for more news 

All the best,

Freelancer.

Woohoo! I can't wait for the London Mod killer (ooo controversial :P)

I'm a strong supporter of the London mod they've done fantastic work, I think they will always have very detailed units but we hope to capture the feel of the UK in a map and details a lot more. But anyway...

London.png

London2.png