Freelancer

The London Project [WIP]

There is no law stating they have to use greens as well, using greens is purely to let other road users know there is a doctor on board, other than that they serve no purpose.

For example, if a vehicle were to just have greens, that vehicle wouldn't be able to claim exemptions (speeding, crossing red lights etc.).

As I said, I may be wrong but it was my understanding that the vehicles had gone to blue/white. Someone else may know different?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Actually a doctor vehicle with just green lights can claim exemptions and go through red lights provided they have had the advanced driver training we have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know for a fact that displaying just a green beacon doesn't provide road exemptions, its there just for courtesy so a driver knows its a doctor on an emergency and if he wishes to he can pull in and let the doctor past. Only time they have exemption is if it has blue lights aswell.

I know for a fact that displaying just a green beacon doesn't provide road exemptions, its there just for courtesy so a driver knows its a doctor on an emergency and if he wishes to he can pull in and let the doctor past. Only time they have exemption is if it has blue lights aswell.

Wrong check the written law in the road traffic act

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RandomPerson is correct, all the literature I can find Patvmru indicates that if displaying *only green* vehicles get no exemption from Road Traffic Laws. Check the Road Vehicles Lighting Regulations 1989 and 'Blue Light Aware' for a simplified version; if you can find something contrary please let us know. Green alongside Blue as per HEMS used to have gave them Blue Light exemption. Haven't seen the new cars 'in action', so can't tell if just Blue/White.

The OC-D

There's nothing in Road Traffic Act 1988 to do with steady/flashing beacons.

I think you mean The Road Vehicle Lighting Regulations (1989) in which case:

(2) No vehicle shall be fitted with a lamp which is capable of showing any light to the rear, other than a red light, except– 

(m) green light from a warning beacon fitted to a vehicle used by a medical practitioner registered by the General Medical Council (whether with full, provisional or limited registration);

Source: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1989/1796/regulation/11/made

Green light exemptions

Vehicles responding to emergencies, carrying doctors, may display a flashing green light. However, they have no specific exemptions from road traffic law. The green light is simply a way of asking other road users as a courtesy to let them through

Source: http://www.bluelightaware.org.uk/?page_id=40

Other lights

Green emergency lighting is used by doctors on emergency calls, but it grants no privileges or exemptions from traffic laws

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emergency_vehicle_lighting#United_Kingdom

Recruiting!

We are currently looking for a talented member who has good skills in lighting. We require someone with good knowledge of

London Emergency services and their lighting.

Requirements

• IM System (Facebook, Skype etc....) 
  • Knowledge of London Emergency Services and lighting patterns
  • Reasonable amounts of time to commit to the mod.

If you feel this position is for you shoot me a PM.

Thanks Freelancer

Have you thought of adding a...

HATO Mitsubishi shogun or land rover discovery 4

And the dartford crossing land rover discovery 4 fire R.I.V's ( I'm not sure wether they use these yet but I know they had ordered some )

Update:

LFB Personnel

attachicon.giffr911s-20140627-183145.png

Addtionally:

I've done lots of work today, including lighting a few units, we're now mostly using Polygon Lights and not corona's.

I've also created a siren, as used on the older LFB appliances, such as those used on the programme; London's Burning.

Would you guys like the option to change into various incident vests aswell, such as BA Commander, Incident Officer, etc.

And what about the possibility of a limited water supply if I can get it working?

i know its small but is the black flap behind the helmet supposed to be there as i haven't seen any lfb firefighters have them i know they wear flash over hoods that protect their neck and they tuck them into the firefighters tunic. 

just curious if they are supposed to be there 

Just an idea don't know if this would be possible but what about fire appliances being able to carry foam as well as water for incidents like car fires or even fires at a petrol station or areas where there is lots of flammable items just to make it a bit more realistic 

Not sure if that is possible in EM4. Don't forget this is a pretty old game so its going to have limitations. But I'm sure the guys will make it as realistic as possible.

Just an idea don't know if this would be possible but what about fire appliances being able to carry foam as well as water for incidents like car fires or even fires at a petrol station or areas where there is lots of flammable items just to make it a bit more realistic 

A great many ways to make the game more realistic have been suggested by a great many people, the problem is that modders can only work in the confines of the vanilla game and making such changes would require a terrific amount of work if even possible. Look at how long it took to make the limited water supply work in game (really long times, it was believed to be impossible) and people had been asking for that as long as I've been lurking on the forums and I'm sure before that. I would personally keep my hopes for EM4 limited and hope that EM5 delivers on its promise of being more mod-friendly.

Ok guys work on the map has begun. I have an overall idea of the map but open to some community ideas, there won't be any major water on map as it's an inland based map.

The map is loosely based on the area of reading. So far the map features a motorway through the map with an exit leading to a central roundabout with rural farmland on one side of the map and a built up urban area on the other. There will be a shopping district with pedestrian zone. There will also be a central train station close to the shopping district along with a hospital police station and two fire stations.

That's the basic idea so far but I'm open to ideas. As the game runs on a drive on the right system the map will be setup the same.

Anyway get some realistic ideas floating around. But there will definitely be no water. Any ideas should be backed up with reference pictures.

But this is my first uk map so hopefully you guys will like it when I'm at a stage to show some shots.

Ok guys work on the map has begun. I have an overall idea of the map but open to some community ideas, there won't be any major water on map as it's an inland based map.

The map is loosely based on the area of reading. So far the map features a motorway through the map with an exit leading to a central roundabout with rural farmland on one side of the map and a built up urban area on the other. There will be a shopping district with pedestrian zone. There will also be a central train station close to the shopping district along with a hospital police station and two fire stations.

That's the basic idea so far but I'm open to ideas. As the game runs on a drive on the right system the map will be setup the same.

Anyway get some realistic ideas floating around. But there will definitely be no water. Any ideas should be backed up with reference pictures.

But this is my first uk map so hopefully you guys will like it when I'm at a stage to show some shots.

Ok firstly not trying to be an arsehole or out but you said you wanted so community feedback but if this meant to be a London mod basing the map off of reading is a shit idea why not pick a small area of London to base off like say including regular em4 stuff like park areas so say regents park area of London or say Hyde park something like that ok it's meant to be london but the map doesn't have to be huge though just a small area I can spend time getting pics even using google earth to download photos of the area if it helps ya but just want to see this be the best London mod it can be as the units and everything else looks and sounds great so far but anyways sure it'll be a great mod with whatever you decide dyson and good luck with it all if I can help in anyway just let me know

Well I'm going off what the team has requested. The map isn't a reading map it's just based on it. Trying to do a London map properly without having 50 or so new buildings wouldn't do the map justice so would be pointless. But the team requested a generic fictional London looking area on the outskirts so that's what we're going for :)

Ok first glimpse at the map, this isn't the final layout just showing off a little work done so far. This is the central motorway which leads up to a roundabout into the city or into farmland on the other side.

Anyway this is what I have to show...

post-12838-0-26538300-1406756237_thumb.ppost-12838-0-99314100-1406756240_thumb.ppost-12838-0-99066500-1406756244_thumb.p

Before anyone comments the game forces driving on the right.

Ok firstly not trying to be an arsehole or out but you said you wanted so community feedback but if this meant to be a London mod basing the map off of reading is a shit idea why not pick a small area of London to base off like say including regular em4 stuff like park areas so say regents park area of London or say Hyde park something like that ok it's meant to be london but the map doesn't have to be huge though just a small area I can spend time getting pics even using google earth to download photos of the area if it helps ya but just want to see this be the best London mod it can be as the units and everything else looks and sounds great so far but anyways sure it'll be a great mod with whatever you decide dyson and good luck with it all if I can help in anyway just let me know

The team originally planned to do a map outside of central London. At least for the first version (mentioned in topic post) the screenshots involving the map previously were based on areas away from central London anyway.