mindcore

Emergency Series File Packing/Unpacking technique?

This is a subject I have been researching for a while with no resolution (yet). I've run all kinds of hex editors, disassemblers and encryption crackers on the "packed" files, and I still have no idea what is going on there. I'm hoping to include a tool for batch unpacking/packing, if I can figure out a solution.

So, I just want to ask: Does anyone know what algorithm is used to pack and unpack the files in the Emergency series? And, frankly, what one is used for the modifications?

If anyone has any clues, suggestions, or ideas, I'd be very interested to hear them, as it would allow me to make a much better set of tools.

Hi for the algorithm...good question, I guess that's a question for the developers. Only thing I found is that e4mod is not comparable to .zip

Frankly, I'm not even sure how to get in touch with the developers! A plus is that Emergency 3 and later all use the same formats for files, so I could ask the developers of any of the games.