Dyson

[Released] Manhattan Modification Standard Definition Project

For those who can't run the high quality versions of the mod here's the reduced versions.

Update

Finally got round to getting this update out.

3.2.SD - download

README

No previous version of the Manhattan Modification is required to run this mod.

This is 3.2.SD, if you have v3.0.SD please delete it, merging the two versions will result in
instability.

Credit :

Nnico
MikeyPI
Hoppah
ERSBerlin
FDNY8231 (Dave)

-----------------------------------------------------------

Known Bugs

Train sometimes cannot be removed by tow.

B9 parks in E54 bay if not sent back first.

Unfinished UI (due to time restrictions with Uni (College) work).

Occasional patrol issues. (Speed and getting stuck).

MOD IS NOT MULTIPLAYER COMPATIBLE

-------------------------------------------------------------

This modification is simply a substitute for the HD version, for players with computers that
can't run the mod. For the whole NYC experience download the full Version 3.

Mod Team

Dyson - Standard Definition Development and conversion.
Rafael
Marius

Screenshots
aai0.png
oq0t.png
zpwn.png
lhr4.png
3mhe.png

Version 2.0.SD

COMING SOON

Let me know if you like the mod in this platform.

Dyson

x

Your mod has some excellent features really shining through in this version too.

Shame there are no (yet) box alarms on the standard map. That should be fairly easy to add myself, right?

Also, the initial call rate was set to something like 300 - I was waiting ages between calls.

And I have a small but gamebreaking bug - police cars set to patrol seem to be stuck at their slow speed forever after, speed settings have no effect. Also patrolling cars seem to get stuck travelling across the middle map bridge from the right side.

I'm very impressed though, and really wishing I had a decent system to play the HD now!

Personally, I'm not convinced that the map is the root of performance and crash issues. I think it mostly comes from the extreme resources devoted to vehicle models and textures (and probably the complex lighting to some degree). The vehicle model folder is almost the same size as the rest of the model folders put together.

I know accuracy and quality is important to the team, but gameplay and stability is more important to an end-user. I know Hoppah at one point made a suggestion on how to cut down on the size of either models or textures; there has to be some compromise that can be made.

Personally, I'm not convinced that the map is the root of performance and crash issues. I think it mostly comes from the extreme resources devoted to vehicle models and textures (and probably the complex lighting to some degree). The vehicle model folder is almost the same size as the rest of the model folders put together.

I know accuracy and quality is important to the team, but gameplay and stability is more important to an end-user. I know Hoppah at one point made a suggestion on how to cut down on the size of either models or textures; there has to be some compromise that can be made.

Nope it's the map ;) we have another SD version out that intel users can play, its essentially the same minus the big map

Dyson! I love the game! HD wouldn't work for me well it did on my laptop but I need to get a new one since its old and slow. The SD works great on my computer! Only problem so far was the charger unmarked not being a charger but that box but that isn't a problem with me. Thanks!

Dyson! I love the game! HD wouldn't work for me well it did on my laptop but I need to get a new one since its old and slow. The SD works great on my computer! Only problem so far was the charger unmarked not being a charger but that box but that isn't a problem with me. Thanks!

Glad it worked! Yeah a patch will be released fixing a few bugs, this version was created in a day so its not as tidy as the main v3 (hence beta haha) but yeah thanks.

Be sure to fill out our feedback poll! Same to everyone else, on our other topic - http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.php?/topic/18258-released-manhattan-modification-v300-discussion-topic/

x