Hoppah

[Released] Limited Water Supply Logic

And Hoppah, since you were asking for a water supply truck for use with some vehicle to vehicle supply functionality in the future, Freakinmusket did make one for his LA County submod.

Can't seem to find it.  :1046276372_bawling:

Is there any 3d-modeller who is willing to do a vehicle like this?

N-Canton-2000-e1291848055719.jpg

or this?

26377.jpg

I doesn't need to be 100% the same, I just want a vehicle like that so I can do the water tanker addition. As long its detailed enough and has an American cab I'm happy.

Can't seem to find it.  :1046276372_bawling:

Is there any 3d-modeller who is willing to do a vehicle like this?

N-Canton-2000-e1291848055719.jpg

or this?

26377.jpg

I doesn't need to be 100% the same, I just want a vehicle like that so I can do the water tanker addition. As long its detailed enough and has an American cab I'm happy.

There are a lot of models out there of tankers ( Google Search ) 

However some one with modeling knowledge would have to convert them for EM4

And technically the LA mod water tender is a tanker! In the US on the west cost a tender is a tanker and on the east coast a tanker is a tanker!

Reason being on the west cost in large wildland fires the fire fighting air planes are referred to as tankers

It all depends on where you are in the country

If I may make a request, could someone possibly make it so that instead of hooking up the ladder truck to a hydrant you would instead hook it up to an engine, which would then pump water to it. Most (if not all) US ladder trucks don't have their own pumps, but rather rely on the pumps of fire engines to supply their deluge gun in the bucket with water.

If I may make a request, could someone possibly make it so that instead of hooking up the ladder truck to a hydrant you would instead hook it up to an engine, which would then pump water to it. Most (if not all) US ladder trucks don't have their own pumps, but rather rely on the pumps of fire engines to supply their deluge gun in the bucket with water.

The only vehicle-vehicle function that Hoppah is planning is the tanker. Anything beyond that might be too complicated to bother with.

The only vehicle-vehicle function that Hoppah is planning is the tanker. Anything beyond that might be too complicated to bother with.

That's indeed my view for now, depending on how the logic for the tanker works out that may change ofcourse. Getting the tanker to work is going to be a little more complicated, because the logic has to mess with 2 limited water sources, the tanker's one and the engine's water tank. We'll see how that is going to play out.

There are a lot of models out there of tankers ( Google Search ) 

However some one with modeling knowledge would have to convert them for EM4

And technically the LA mod water tender is a tanker! In the US on the west cost a tender is a tanker and on the east coast a tanker is a tanker!

Reason being on the west cost in large wildland fires the fire fighting air planes are referred to as tankers

It all depends on where you are in the country

For now, I've sent Freakingmusket a PM and I'm hoping he will give me the water tanker model, otherwise I may model my own.

What about?

Nice try, it does look like a water tanker, but to be honest, that's not the quality that would fit in Emergency 4.

@ Hoppah - Any chance you could point me in the direction to keep the ladder trucks from bugging after there tank goes empty and is refilled?

What kind of the bugs/bugging are we talking about? :)

Nice try, it does look like a water tanker, but to be honest, that's not the quality that would fit in Emergency 4.

What kind of the bugs/bugging are we talking about? :)

If you flow water off the ladder until the tank is empty 

then you refill the tank and try to select a object to cool or specific area of fire

your are unable to

The ladder still auto targets but the player can not!

If you flow water off the ladder until the tank is empty 

then you refill the tank and try to select a object to cool or specific area of fire

your are unable to

The ladder still auto targets but the player can not!

I swear he fixed that along with the cannon bug. Did you use the fix he attached awhile ago?

Weird. I swear it fixed the bug for me. I'll check again.

Edit: Yep, still happens. However, you can switch people out of the basket, and the new person will work correctly. When that person bugs, the first person will work again.

Hoppah, would it be possible to get a RapidDeployment script for ladders, where a person gets out, attaches the line, and then gets in the basket?

The rapid deployment idea for the ladder sounds good. May do an extensive one where the rest of the fire fighters get all kinds of equipment.

I think that is what happened when I did a rapid deployment on a ladder company in Manhattan Mod 3.0.  I'll have to try again to confirm, but I thought that each member grabbed a different piece of equipment, like ax, jaws, hose, extinguisher, etc.

Hoppah, I just remembered a bug I ran into on the testing mod.

When using multiple wyes off of one engine, if you pick up one, the others show/create their hidden person, but don't disappear themselves. I ended up with about twice as many FDNY people as I started out with during that incident. I don't know what can be done about that.

I'll have to add that wye script and commands back into my mod since I always had issues with the LAWye script I was using.

Looking forward to the hose extender option when you get to that. I've had times when I could really use longer hoses.  Also, it could solve an issue with the rapid deployment hydrant distance check being made too large if they install the hose at it's max and grab another to go from there.

Edit: Well, still having trouble picking up the wye after it's been installed. I copied over anything I found in your pickup script that seemed to deal with the wye, so I'm not sure what's causing the issue.

pickup.rar

Ah, no. It's the NYCGatedWye straight from your test mod. I only edited the pickup script I had already.

Edit: Uh oh... realized I still had the LA wye script in. Let me test again to see if that messed it up.... Nope, still bugged.

Oh, I forgot to add something related to the hydrant distance check. Does it look for the closest one? I've had it go for a hydrant that isn't the closest one.

Ah, no. It's the NYCGatedWye straight from your test mod. I only edited the pickup script I had already.

Oh, I forgot to add something related to the hydrant distance check. Does it look for the closest one? I've had it go for a hydrant that isn't the closest one.

Well the pickup script directs to the wye script and that's why I think the source of the problem can be found in that script. I suggest you wait for the next update, since there will be some changes to the wye anyway.

The hydrant distance check, gets the first hydrant the game finds in a certain location, so it doesn't get the closest one necessarily. I'll probably change that later on.

Small update, I've made the following changes for the upcoming version:

- Holding SHIFT while clicking 'rapid deployment' will also activate the deck gun of the engine

- Game shows a different icon when attaching a supply line now

- 'Extend hose' command for fire fighters with a hose, so you can have longer hoses. The way it works is similar to the wye with the exception the fire fighter automatically installs a new hose to the 'extension object'. Just like the wye command, this addition may still be kinda buggy.

Also:

- WIP: water tanker script, this is going to be a very complex addition.

- To do: possible ladder bug fix (I haven't confirmed this bug yet)

- To do: rapid deployment hydrant distance check should find the closest available hydrant

- To do: rapid deployment command for ladder vehicles

Well the pickup script directs to the wye script and that's why I think the source of the problem can be found in that script. I suggest you wait for the next update, since there will be some changes to the wye anyway.

The hydrant distance check, gets the first hydrant the game finds in a certain location, so it doesn't get the closest one necessarily. I'll probably change that later on.

Small update, I've made the following changes for the upcoming version:

- Holding SHIFT while clicking 'rapid deployment' will also activate the deck gun of the engine

- Game shows a different icon when attaching a supply line now

- 'Extend hose' command for fire fighters with a hose, so you can have longer hoses. The way it works is similar to the wye with the exception the fire fighter automatically installs a new hose to the 'extension object'. Just like the wye command, this addition may still be kinda buggy.

Also:

- WIP: water tanker script, this is going to be a very complex addition.

- To do: possible ladder bug fix (I haven't confirmed this bug yet)

- To do: rapid deployment hydrant distance check should find the closest available hydrant

- To do: rapid deployment command for ladder vehicles

Hopefully the new script will go better. Everything looks fine with both scripts, so I just don't get it.

Everything else sounds very nice; looking forward to the additions.