Hoppah

[Released] Limited Water Supply Logic

I assume this is for freeplay?

Yes,

!WATER, Start DummyCheckWaterSupply

is there, but no vehicle gets a dummy object with an assigned water level.

Possible causes:

1) The script does not get repeated, because the "water_supply_main" object can be interacted with during gameplay. What object did you place on the map to act as the "water_supply_main" object? You may have the same problem as Hereweard Fyning had with his LA Mod Submod. An object that can be interacted with in any way cannot be used for  "water_supply_main", so do not use an object that has traits (Hereweard Fyning used a buoy before wich has a trait so cranes can lift it from the water), can catch on fire and definately not an object that is commandable. I used a satellite dish object from the HouseChildren folder for the demo mod.

2) Your vehicles are not recognized by the script. They must be either TLF, GTF, LPF or DLK type. What vehicletype are yours? If they are RW, it will not work. In that case, give me your script and I'll make the script compatible with RW vehicletypes as well.

3) You've edited WaterSupplyFreeplay.script, made a boo-boo, and the commandscripts are broken and cannot be executed anymore. 

Can you make maybe that you can set one special person that control the engine en also do the supply line?

(Pompbediende)

Are you talking about Rapid Deployment or something else? It's possible, yes. But I wouldn't recommand doing that. For rapid deploy its important that you can use the hoses as fast as possible and therefore, one of the fire fighters immediatly starts activating the pumps. In the mean time, 3 others can use their hoses instantly and the 5th fire fighter install the supply line.

If we change this, it will take about 10 seconds before any of the hoses can be used, because the pump controller gotta install the supply line first. Not very practical in my opinion.

Sounds like you've got the latest version. It includes the need for a person to run the pump on the vehicle. If the person has the "PcmdPumpSwitch" command (and the vehicle has the "VcmdPumpSwitch" command), when you hover over a vehicle with hoses attached, they cursor should change to a gear icon. After that, attached hoses should work. Rapid Deployment should automatically have one person do that immediately.

Hi Hereweard Fyning,

can you tell me what you have exactly changed in the LA Mod files.

I tried implementing the script twice with no success although I followed Hoppah's guide. It crashes right after the loading finishes.

Problem solved! I implemented Hoppah's script succesfully into the LA Modification. The brush patrol works as a water tanker and the foam tender works as a TLF with a deck gun.

Problems now are that I can't pickup traffic cones, flares, barricades etc. anymore. Propably because I use the wye and extend hose logic. Maybe someone can help me here. :nixweiss:

Next goal is to make the watercannons on the engines work. I'll have a look Hereweard Fynings tutorial and hopefully I can make it work.

post-8825-0-08567300-1387028907.jpg

post-8825-0-96596200-1387028918.jpg

post-8825-0-61052100-1387028932.jpg

post-8825-0-13747300-1387028943.jpg

post-8825-0-58854400-1387028954.jpg

Would it be possible to release this in something other than an .e4mod file? I can't get my installer to work and have searched and tried the methods on the site and still no luck. I would really like to play with this to add to different mods, including the LA mod, and a personal mod I have been working on. It looks awesome and I've been itching to try it out. If you think you might have another solution for my mod installer problem please PM me so we don't get off topic. However if the files can be released in a .rar or zip file that would work just as well.

Thanks,

USman

I have been having an issue where after I attach a fire hose to my engines, the extinguish and cool commands disappear. However if I just attach a fire hose to a hydrant, those commands are there. And yes I have transferred all of the necessary commands from the test mod to the LA Mod. Also, Hoppah, how would I be able to make the script compatible with the RW vehicle type?

I have been having an issue where after I attach a fire hose to my engines, the extinguish and cool commands disappear. However if I just attach a fire hose to a hydrant, those commands are there. And yes I have transferred all of the necessary commands from the test mod to the LA Mod. Also, Hoppah, how would I be able to make the script compatible with the RW vehicle type?

That's because the hoses become uncontrollable if there is no person to run the pumps of the Fire Engine.

I know alot of people have plenty of specific wishes for this modification. Seeing how complex the logic already is, I cannot go into specifics regarding that at the moment.

Hi,i'm new here,sorry for my bad english.

1.Thank you Hoppah for great scripts,it is perfect and runs good.

2.But i have a question: I will make a Waterline,you're mod is so: Hydrant-TLF/GTF-wye-firefighter.

What must I be done,I will it so:  Hydrant-Wye-Wye-TLF/GTF-Wye-Wye_Firefighter.

I hope you understand me,sorry for bad english,and thanks.

böckchen

No there was definately somebody running the pumps. i have been trying to fix this issue for about a week now and a friend of mine has the same issue.

Okey cool. I assume we're talking about the freeplay version, right? I'm pretty sure your problem has to do with pump guy, if he cannot be found by the script, the commands disappear. The principle is that you need a working pump to spray water, thus when no pump guy present/found > script disables cool/extinguish commands)

Couple of questions, to see if I can locate the source of the problem:

1. Just to be sure, does the fire engine have a child with the name "pump_controller"?

2. Does your fire engine have the command "VcmdPumpSwitch"?

3. Do your firefighters have the command "PcmdPumpSwitch"?

4. When the pump guy is working on the pumps, is he in a looped animation where he slightly bends forward to give the impression he controls the pump (actual anim is called "useextinguis")?

5. If you use the 'Rapid Deployment' command to undeploy the fire engine again (when hoses are connected to it), does the pump guy enter the vehicle too?

6. Does your fire engine have any other custom complex commands? If yes, which ones?

Okey cool. I assume we're talking about the freeplay version, right? I'm pretty sure your problem has to do with pump guy, if he cannot be found by the script, the commands disappear. The principle is that you need a working pump to spray water, thus when no pump guy present/found > script disables cool/extinguish commands)

Couple of questions, to see if I can locate the source of the problem:

1. Just to be sure, does the fire engine have a child with the name "pump_controller"?

2. Does your fire engine have the command "VcmdPumpSwitch"?

3. Do your firefighters have the command "PcmdPumpSwitch"?

4. When the pump guy is working on the pumps, is he in a looped animation where he slightly bends forward to give the impression he controls the pump (actual anim is called "useextinguis")?

5. If you use the 'Rapid Deployment' command to undeploy the fire engine again (when hoses are connected to it), does the pump guy enter the vehicle too?

6. Does your fire engine have any other custom complex commands? If yes, which ones?

You are a genius sir. I never knew I had to assign the engine a Vcmd. Thanks for the help.

I also got it working with the Vcmd for the vehicles, but only issue i have now is that I can't connect to gated wyes, any suggestion?

Thats an Attach Hose command issue.

You cannot click the wye at all? Or does nothing happens when u do click the wye? Or does the firefighter run up to the wye object and then stops?