Hoppah

[Released] Limited Water Supply Logic

On 21-5-2015 at 6:13 AM, The Loot said:

Update for my revision.

Added a few images to readme, tweaked some instructions, added CRITICAL vehicle model edit instructions.

Hey Loot! I used your tut before and it was of great help! But after having to completely reset my pc I lost the file, and now your link seems down! Any chance you could upload it again?

it would be of great help!

35 minutes ago, Connor Brumleve said:

Fixed links from the original post, please? none of the 2 links are working. I really want to get the pdf guide at least at the moment.

Unfortunately, there isnt anything I can do about that at the moment.  The problem is during the update transition to a new version, many things were changed/reconfigured.  One such thing is file attachments in the way they are handled, I will contact Hoppah and see if he still has the original files to replace within the attachment but until that time, there is nothing I can do unfort. Had they have been in the DL center instead of attached to the post it would have been no problem, but they were just attached to the post which is why they're missing.

Though likely a configuration issue, attachments which are files appear to be inoperative at this time.  Hopefully we can resolve this issue and find a workaround to re-enable that feature, as of the moment I have been unable to find out why they're being blocked.

19 hours ago, MikeyPI said:

Unfortunately, there isnt anything I can do about that at the moment.  The problem is during the update transition to a new version, many things were changed/reconfigured.  One such thing is file attachments in the way they are handled, I will contact Hoppah and see if he still has the original files to replace within the attachment but until that time, there is nothing I can do unfort. Had they have been in the DL center instead of attached to the post it would have been no problem, but they were just attached to the post which is why they're missing.

Though likely a configuration issue, attachments which are files appear to be inoperative at this time.  Hopefully we can resolve this issue and find a workaround to re-enable that feature, as of the moment I have been unable to find out why they're being blocked.

Okay thank you!

Hello,

I haven't been active in like months, so first all... OH GOD, the forum looks different. I can't handle this. 

200.gif

I kept a neat archive of all released mods I made, so I've reuploaded this tiny mod. You can find the links in the first post.

No alterations have been made to the mod package.

Hoppah

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Hoppah said:

Hello,

I haven't been active in like months, so first all... OH GOD, the forum looks different. I can't handle this. 

200.gif

I kept a neat archive of all released mods I made, so I've reuploaded this tiny mod. You can find the links in the first post.

No alterations have been made to the mod package.

Hoppah

Okay, thank you my friend. and I love the GIF!

14 hours ago, paleocacher said:

Dear Hoppah, 

I was wondering if I could ask if you knew where the shane green submod for the LA Mod went. 

I hear it had 1970s era vehicles and Adam-12 type cars. 

If it is defunct then I am interested in learning to mod and possibly creating my own version.

Thanks.

Hello,

I've never bothered with submods for the LA Mod unfortunately, so I can't tell you much about this one.

• Upvote 1

Dear Hoppah!

You did all things are really good,  you made the game more reallity. It's great....

i was wondering if i could ask you that how to make the WYE work with The Water Supply Script?

If neccessary, you can tell me which the command i have to edit

Hope to see your answer soon, and i am interested in learning to mod and specailly in the scripting field.

Thanks.

On 2/11/2016 at 8:09 PM, paleocacher said:

Dear Hoppah, 

I was wondering if I could ask if you knew where the shane green submod for the LA Mod went. 

I hear it had 1970s era vehicles and Adam-12 type cars. 

If it is defunct then I am interested in learning to mod and possibly creating my own version.

Thanks.

As far as I remember, there were no classic vehicles in that submod. New units with new skins, but most were the base LA Mod Models.

On 4/16/2016 at 8:10 AM, Italian Submod said:

Hi Hoppah, I'm working on a project and I really need of help for my mod. I'd like to use your LimitedFuel script from US Army Mod for the SCBAs, but I can't do it. The air counter of the firefighters doesn't appears in the game, but I put everything in the folders... Could you help me?

That sounds like a very interesting concept! I would love to try this out in game if you are putting it into your submod (if your name is literal) :).

On 4/16/2016 at 5:10 AM, Italian Submod said:

Hi Hoppah, I'm working on a project and I really need of help for my mod. I'd like to use your LimitedFuel script from US Army Mod for the SCBAs, but I can't do it. The air counter of the firefighters doesn't appears in the game, but I put everything in the folders... Could you help me?

The air counter is probably made using things that are only available in mission based scripts, meaning that you cannot use it in Freeplay/Multiplayer. You CAN, however, use a similar logic, you'll just have to find a way to display remaining air level a different way that will work in freeplay/multiplayer. You could do what the limited water supply script does and change the action icon depending on the person's current air level.

Some assembly is required

• Upvote 1

On 4/16/2016 at 8:10 PM, Italian Submod said:

Also, be sure to ask permission from him first if you ever release this. On the top of his US Army scripts, he requires permission for usage.

Yeah, the name is real ;-) I'm on Facebook, EM4 - Italian Submod, Connor Brumleve. Chris07, nice advise, I'll try that, it's much simpler. But you know, the air counter is much cooler than the 100-0% icons. 

I would add the mission script in Scripts/Game/Mission/fp_freeplay (I think that's the file name)... But it still doesn't work, so....

Thanks everybody 

On 7/9/2013 at 3:08 PM, The Loot said:

When you released the first demo mod I took out the old LAWye file; only one I use now is the script within HoseExtensions, as far as I know. The wye has always had this problem in the mod (4X4 YSB LA SubMod), and I had hoped that using your new scripts, models, and prototypes would fix it. For some reason, it hasn't.

The script works well enough for all the vehicles spawned on the map at start.

!WATER, Start DummyCheckWaterSupply!WATER, Assigned water tank level of 400 to mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/02 LA Fire Department/brush_truck.e4p!WATER, Assigned water tank level of 800 to mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/02 LA Fire Department/aerial_ladder.e4p!WATER, Assigned water tank level of 1200 to mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/02 LA Fire Department/fire_engine1.e4p!WATER, Assigned water tank level of 1200 to mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/02 LA Fire Department/fire_engine2.e4p!WATER, Assigned water tank level of 1200 to mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/02 LA Fire Department/fire_engine1_1.e4p!WATER, Assigned water tank level of 1200 to mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/02 LA Fire Department/fire_engine2_1.e4p!WATER, Assigned water tank level of 2400 to mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/02 LA Fire Department/water_tender.e4p

However, when vehicles are spawned by script, I see this.

I get nothing when I spawn from the game menu. Vehicles from either method don't have the water level icons (unlike the vehicles spawned at start), and have the pump switch icon (also unlike those spawned at start, though all my vehicles have the pump command).

Somehow there was a fluke with the supply line. I tried again on multiple vehicles with no problem.

I'll upload my command folder, and the freeplay script below.

(Related: Should I not use "!StrCompare(v.GetPrototypeFileName(), CONSTANT) == 0"? I've seen it as "StrCompare(v.GetPrototypeFileName(), CONSTANT) !== 0" in your scripts, I believe.)

As what hoppah said, if i remove the LAWye.script so how can i take the ff_emt to deploy the wye in gameplay??? 

44 minutes ago, Steven Dang said:

As what hoppah said, if i remove the LAWye.script so how can i take the ff_emt to deploy the wye in gameplay??? 

If you mean that you want to remove the LAWye.script and want to also remove the ability to deploy wyes, you need to open-up editor and edit the FF_EMTs Commands ability.

57 minutes ago, TheAxeMan33 said:

If you mean that you want to remove the LAWye.script and want to also remove the ability to deploy wyes, you need to open-up editor and edit the FF_EMTs Commands ability.

i means when i remove the command PcmdWye and keep PcmdHoseExtension in edit command of the FF_EMTs, then i load freeplay and don't see any icon to deploy the Wyes