Hoppah

[Released] Limited Water Supply Logic

They dont do anything. I get the + Hose option but nothing happends. I've tried to import the attachfirehose script straight from Limited Water Test mod and La mod but no good.

Check the Wye script itself. See if the wye object that gets spawned has the name "extend_wye".

I'm guessing the name is off, so the fire fighter doesn't do anything when you click the object.

Hoppah, please check your PM from me, I have also started this thread if you wouldn't mind an input.

Mariuswww has managed to get tankers to work in his mod Stillwater, connecting the tanker to engines and ladders for water supply, Now I would just like to figure out if we can make Engines act as tankers as well so Hydrant>Engine>Engine or Hydrant>Engine>Tower Ladder now that Tower Ladders will hopefully be coming through. Be great if Mr. H stopped by sometime! Were @ 64.154.38.226:9494

I'm still here. Hereweard Fyning is right, but I may see if I can get that to work later. The part which adds the tanker functionality is already complicated. I'm sure it's possible, but I'll keep this one open for now. I do think it would be cool to add it though.

Btw, the limited water may not be fully compatible with the tower ladder script because the prototype swaps.

Hello all! Been lurking around the past month, finally signed up (was lazy and signed up with FB :stupid: ). Could someone upload the mod and instructions? The links in the first post d/l but they are both 0 bites.

Thanks!

Thanks, the files have been reuploaded. :)

I was having some problems with my hazmat guys, at first I thought the issue was with a character I added in but now I think it has something to do with the script. I made it so only the birdflu mission would pop up and I ran the demo mission that comes with the script.

FD picking up the bird.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b344/Officerpuppy_/Other/haz1_zpsbd58aa15.jpg

Hazmat picking up the bird.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b344/Officerpuppy_/Other/haz2_zps35a0a559.jpg

I'm having this problem in my mod atm, my FD guys can pick up the birds but my hazmat guys can't. For the moment, I think if I want to keep the script (love it) I'll just have to remove the birdflu mission.

I've only just found this bug, but if a different guy removes the hose than the one who connected it, the guy who disconnects changes proto to the same proto as the guy who connected (if that makes sense? haha). I don't know if this has since been fixed with a later update but just thought I'd flag it up see if it had.

Cheers

Side effect of how Hoppah has the hidden mechanics set up. The supply connect action hides and clones the person you use to make the connection. It could be remedied with a few lines to get the new person prototype and change the hidden one before it gets shown again.

Okay, so I decided to take a crack at fixing the proto switch "bug" that comes along with using a different person to disconnect/uninstall supply lines, wyes, and extensions.

All it took was a line like this.

n->ChangePrototype(p.GetPrototypeFileName());

The only issue is that the firehose that the original person had turns invisible. Otherwise, seems fine.

A heads up folks!

I am working on getting my edited (and hopefully streamlined) Water Supply scripts packaged together with a step-by-step readme (text only for now) so it will be a little easier for teams to add it to their mod without a lot of hassle!

All I need is a Go Ahead from Hoppah, and some finishing touches on the readme, and I'll submit it to the downloads section here.

Well, here it is! I'll just attach it here instead of uploading to the Files section. Make sure you credit Hoppah for the original script and myself for the revision if you include this in a mod release.

Features:

Step-by-Step Readme.

Streamlined scripts needing minimal editing to implement.

Method of manual Water Supply activation for all modes, including Freeplay without map editing if manual activation is desired.

Mission support without map or mission script editing (Freeplay version of script using manual activation method).

Possible Multi-player support (Using manual activation method, UNTESTED).

Enjoy!

Hoppah's Limited Water Supply Script by The Loot.zip

Edit: Forgot to mention adding "cool" and "extinguish" commands to people in the Readme.

Edit 2: Redid disabled icon for Activate command. Updated 7/29.

Edit 3: Added a few images to readme, tweaked some instructions, added CRITICAL vehicle model edit instructions. Updated 2015/5/20

Pardon the bump, but I wanted to see if there was any comments/feedback with my release of Hoppah's Water Supply.

Any mod makers use it to get it working in their mods?

I use it in all my mods! I love it! The only issue I have been having is with the tankers. When I get my engine (1,000 gallon) on scene and set up (no hydrant district) I bring my tanker (3,000 gallon) in behind and connect to the engine. When my second due engine arrives, I disconnect from the primary engine and start to feed the second engine, but that's where the action stops. The second engine runs out of water and I am unable to disconnect the line coming from the tanker. If I want to do it at all, I have to disconnect from the first engine, put the personnel back in the tanker, then redeploy again. Not sure if there is a fix.

Also... I am trying to add my 2 additional tankers but haven't had any luck yet.

Hmm. You should be able to add the additional tankers as long as you set them up the same way and give them the same Dummy command.

Not sure about the problem with using several engines with the tanker. I've actually never really tested the tanker part of the script as I never put one in my mod. There are some lingering issues with tankers and that might be one of them. Hoppah would have to supply some knowledge on that front, though.

Loot, I have been trying to put this into my montana mod v1. I can't tell the differences between your tutorial and the mod itself. There are some things that are different or doesn't make sense to me. Can someone assist me with this?

I'm not sure what's in Montana v1 when it comes to this situation. They could have made changes that would conflict, but the steps in my guide should work for any LA-mod based mod. If Montana v1 included the Water mod, you'd probably save a few steps, but you'd have to figure out if you could just replace or remove the old scripts without issue.