Dyson

[WIP] Manhattan Modification [The Upper East Side] *New Video*

Feedback poll  

433 members have voted

1. 1. Can you run the mod?

2. 2. Do you enjoy the mod (scale 5 being highest)?

• 5 - Very much
    • 4 - A lot
    • It's ok but nothing special
    • Needs improvements
    • Terrible needs drastic improvements (Go on haters go crazy)
  3. 3. Crash frequencies (once in game)

• Every time I play it crashes
    • Most of the time it crashes
    • Had a few crashes
    • Very few crashes
    • Never crashed so far

I aim to get all of these topics put into one sub-forum, but for now here's a seperate forum.

This is the topic where download links will be posted and Version 3 can be discussed rather than adding to the 400 pages in the general topic.

The Upper East Side Mod

Video is still being processed**

EMS Run : 0:33
EMS Run : 1:15
All Hands Fire : 5:56
Complaint Call : 18:15
Police Involved Shooting : 20:10
2nd Alarm Fire : 25:39
Outside Rubbish : 34:51

Enjoy a first exclusive look at the new Manhattan Modification, the Upper East Side! A complete revamp of the older version 2 with all the new units and features from the new Brooklyn Modification coming this month!

Want to be a part of our gaming group? Join NYCERU today!

Teamspeak IP: 64.154.38.226:9494

Downloads

Info

3.0.5 LATEST PLEASE REMOVE ANY PREVIOUS VERSIONS.

Screens

d1c4.png

More Coming soon!

Feel free to post feedback on this topic.

Dyson

Frequently Asked Questions (WIP)

Traffic

How is everyone handling the traffic and ped traffic? It starts to get crazy and then is impossible to fix because the peds just stand where ever and dont move.

The peds are split into 2 groups. You have the 'pathed peds' and the 'unpathed peds'.

The peds with paths will stand still but then return to their set path after seeing an incident or whatever (more normal)

However the peds without paths dont have anywhere to return to, your best bet is to arrest these guys and just move them out of the way, I knew this was an issue and thats why 95% of the on map population has paths, to reduce this problem as much as possible.

As for traffic, as I've told people before, it takes some getting used to, we've been playing this mod since early developments. Our suggestions are to block traffic where it spawns. I.e. if it's 8th Avenue all the traffic starts at the south of the map going upwards, grab a traffic unit and send them to this point, set them up to block all traffic before setting up on scene. Give it about 20 seconds (perhaps stage somewhere else in the meantime) then once the avenue is empty you can set up. If you find yourself using perhaps only 2 lanes, open up the rest.

Another note, is that any traffic bugs, (with any mod usually) 2 cars will get stuck, the tow trucks have been edited to pick up non exploded vehicles, so just drive down and pick the vehicle up. You can even usually release the vehicle after and it will either resume its original course or just delete itself. Another reason to have a few tow trucks patrolling.

I know this isn't necessarily a perfect system, but until em4 runs on a better engine where AI is smart enough to drive properly, it'll have to do  :)

Hope this is of some help!

Dyson as a beta tester I've to admit that you made some great progress since I played the V1 :12:

and EMP will be offline if you put the mod online hahaha  :cheers-mate:

Means a lot my friend :) hopefully when you get the final release it'll have improved even more, especially the UI :)

x

Lots of nice new features

But it's very unstable.

When trying to cool objects with the hose it crashes

It crashed after putting engine on after lights, and that's both times I played it.

I like the stuff in it and the ideas are fun,

But it's buggy as hell for me

Lots of nice new features

But it's very unstable.

When trying to cool objects with the hose it crashes

It crashed after putting engine on after lights, and that's both times I played it.

I like the stuff in it and the ideas are fun,

But it's buggy as hell for me

You crash when you cool an object? That's definitely your end, what specs are you running?

You crash when you cool an object? That's definitely your end, what specs are you running?

Processor Intel Core i5-2310M Processor clock speed 2.1GHz Memory 6.00GB

Graphics Processor Nvidia GeForce GT 540M

and 4gb of RAM

and it ran V1+V2 without issue or lag, and there was no lag whilest I played so i don't think it's memory