FDNY2352

Riverdale Submod - The Bronx, NY (WIP)

M7d9jEw.png

THIS SUBMOD IS A WORK IN PROGRESS AND NO VERSIONS HAVE BEEN RELEASED.

I have been working on the submod in the background since it was closed. I now have some finished work I wish to show. I will add new images as an when I complete a unit.

I have been working on NYPD units and have so far got quite a few different units transferred into the game. These only need textures doing before they will be complete. There are various units I have included such as marked patrol vehicles, unmarked patrol vehicles, K9, Auxilliary and ESU.

For now I leave you with my first finished unit.

Image may contain: text

Unmarked ESU 5216:

Main Model - Hoppah
Texture - Hoppah | Edits by FDNY2352
Wheels Model & Texture - Dyson, Rafaelmfernandez

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Image may contain: car and text

RMP3672U:

Main Model - Itchyboy
Texture - Itchyboy | Edits by FDNY2352
Wheels Model & Texture - Itchyboy

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Image may contain: car

RMP2861:

Main Model - Nnico
Texture - Nnico| Edits by FDNY2352
Wheels Model & Texture - Nnico

Image may contain: car

RMP3505:

Main Model - Nnico
Texture - Nnico| Edits by FDNY2352
Wheels Model & Texture - Nnico

• Downvote 1

Thanks for the good luck messages guys :) Going back to C.F.D's point one of the main reasons for developing this submod is so people who cant run some mods could play it on there computers hopefully hassle free. Setting it in the Bronx as well means the map won't be as packed like it is in Manhattan so that should hopefully help systems.

Thanks for the good luck messages guys :) Going back to C.F.D's point one of the main reasons for developing this submod is so people who cant run some mods could play it on there computers hopefully hassle free. Setting it in the Bronx as well means the map won't be as packed like it is in Manhattan so that should hopefully help systems.

I like the idea of the submod, always have, but I wouldn't justify it as a alternative to people who can't play because you could easily drop any basic em4 map into the standard Manhattan Mod and be up and playing on any spec.

I'd say to CFD and people who also doubt the relevance or need, did we really need the additional units submod for LA? No. Was it badass? Course it was.

x

Sorry for not posting much. I've been busy. Anyway I have a question to ask. Below are some screenshots from the editor. There are two engines on it. One is larger in width than the other but are the same height. There are cars on to give you some reference as to how big they are. I want your opinions on which engine to use, the wider one or the shorter width one. 

PS. the skins are not final, they are just for experimenting with. 

post-14507-0-46581900-1383415798.png

post-14507-0-66692300-1383415806.png

post-14507-0-62557200-1383415814_thumb.p

post-14507-0-68261000-1383415822.png

Can we have both? :P xD:)

Always one for not making a decision... up women are going to love you...

My only worry with the wider one is game play... will the wider one cause problems going around traffic.  The reason why I say this is because has anyone else had the problem in NYC where the ladder trucks get stuck or go an awful long way back to get around a vehicle.

Thanks for the opinions guys. I've finally sorted out the scale. I think we all know of the scaling in EM4 and how people models can be bigger than the actual vehicle. With the scale I have used this wont happen and so far doesn't affect any aspect of the map.

The new and improved scale:

post-14507-0-27891300-1383502164_thumb.p