Roit Police

Roit Police Mod

I can tell why there havent been any riot mods yet

The game isnt optimized for controling big crowds, simply because you have to control every person one at a time. So arresting a group of 50 protestors would take a long time and the riot will most likely get out of hand so all officers would get injured :)

I can tell why there havent been any riot mods yet

The game isnt optimized for controling big crowds, simply because you have to control every person one at a time. So arresting a group of 50 protestors would take a long time and the riot will most likely get out of hand so all officers would get injured :)

kinda like in the real world, or am i wrong? ^^

but on topic:

i think you can at least change the number of protesting people and how much new people are attracted to an existing protest in the fp_params file for freeplay!

so with very little effort you could make your own riot (sub)mod!

- edit the fp_params_endless and increase the number of protesting people

- set every other event to "false" status so they won't appear in freeplay (same file)

- add more swat units or make them available at the beginning (freeplaybase.xml i think)

- maybe add some more demonstration spots on the map, just a building or object with the name "demo target" and a virtual object with the same name <- not quite sure bout the names though

-> done! riot mod ready to release! :D

If you're looking to make an actual riot mission, as oppsed to just freeplay, that is also do-able, assuming you understand basic Mission scripting. If you set some with remove all casualties and criminals, you can just place bad guys on the map in mass amounts, make them look angry, and add in the protesting voices. Bang, done. 

If you want to get more advanced, you can set up a script where when they are inside of a particular area, they are bad, but if they are forced out, they'll be fine, assuming they're just the non combatant bad guys. Similar to regular rioters, you'll have those that when dispersed are no problem, but there will also be those who are pure evil, period. 

the best way to set this up would be to have a trigger area where the riot will be, and all persons either by a certain name or role, depending on how easy each is to code, will be bad guys inside this area. Once outside of the trigger area, they'll be made to be normal civilians and no longer targets for arrest.