TheHockeydude39

[WIP] Stillwater Modification [Fictional]

I see what you did there Gunswat. :happy:

Is this mod going to focus more on micromanagement? For example sending 2 or 3 pieces of apparatus to a dwelling fire and having your firefighters vent, search and extinguish rather then send every apparatus you have and use the rapid deployment command and shoot deck guns at the fire until it is out. I feel like that would make the mod more unique and interesting.

Gonna be hard to have firefighters vent when their is not script or in-game reason to, I personally enjoy playing realistically but once in a while I like just being lazy and using the deck guns. I feel like if this mod successfully pulls off the small town atmosphere (which I think it will) their will be a lot more of that, on account of limited resources.

I see what you did there Gunswat. :happy:

Is this mod going to focus more on micromanagement? For example sending 2 or 3 pieces of apparatus to a dwelling fire and having your firefighters vent, search and extinguish rather then send every apparatus you have and use the rapid deployment command and shoot deck guns at the fire until it is out. I feel like that would make the mod more unique and interesting.

There should be fewer units available to deal with incidents, especially with regards to fire, though I usually like to have many units available for the player to call in so that they can control the situation in which ever way they view best. For example, if you want to play realistically, only order in a few trucks and see how you go. However, if you like to play with your own play-style, enjoy having tons of police cars from different counties on scene etc, you have the choice to do so. 

In terms of actual gameplay-scripting changes, there won't be any; only existing scripts, such as limited water supply and the like.

The smaller size of incidents should give it a rural feel, especially with the map; larger on-map incidents may require you to work tricky situations with a limited pool of resources (if you chose), so that should hopefully make the experience more unique.

Well, maybe the version they had was crasing to Much for no reason or other reasons why they didn't released it... All i can say is keep your patiënt and soon or later the mod will be out :)

The reason the mod was never released was because we decided to add more scripts in and make it more of a bigger mod than something small. 

Exactly. Can people please stop posting about that because it just continually causes a mass frenzy and confuses people, especially newer people to the forum, as to release.

To be honest, progress my end has slowed done a lot because I have a lot of work to be doing for important exams in June. At the moment, most of the work that is taking place is lights-based. I can't really promise too many updates in the near future I'm afraid, though maybe a few things from time to time.

Regarding stationary tanks etc, scripting is not really the strong point of anyone on our team, so it likely won't happen. In future releases, however, if we have adequate knowledge of making changes like that it might take place. Our prime concern at the moment is really finishing up units so they're perfect and non-buggy in-game.

all i can say is cant wait for it looks awesome

Thank you for your support!

Yes guys it should be out eventually for example the weltfordshire mod was due out last summer but didn't come out till was it January this year? Things take time and this gos for all mods.

Regarding stationary tanks etc, scripting is not really the strong point of anyone on our team, so it likely won't happen. In future releases, however, if we have adequate knowledge of making changes like that it might take place. Our prime concern at the moment is really finishing up units so they're perfect and non-buggy in-game.

Although if anyone know if there is a script released somewhere i can try and put it in. But i'm not able to write a script myself.