TheHockeydude39

[WIP] Stillwater Modification [Fictional]

Oh my that looks stellar! Is that supposed to be a military depot and what is the big building you can sorta see in the background, courthouse? It all looks so wonderful! Wow

So I can tell that this mod has expanded a lot from the original plan, would it be possible for you to give us a idea of the setup, like what agencies will be included, what stations their will be on map, what units? Or would you all prefer to reveal them as you get the done?

Yes, it's a small military base that JrFF34 created using the objects from Hoppah's LA mod; he thought it be a nice, realistic touch!

In terms of the expansion from the original plan, most of that expansion has actually already taken place, so don't be worried that this is going to be an endless 'in development', as we're trying to get it out as soon as possible. Obviously it started as a very small re-skin project, though now we've more-or-less completed the Stillwater Sheriff Department, Stillwater EMS, Wisconsin State Patrol, National Park Service, Mammoth Lake EMS and Mammoth Lake Sheriff Department. All there really is to go is finishing one or two units on each FD (Mammoth Lake and Stillwater), and one or two private ambulances. Granted, we do have to start skinning the personnel, but that's a smaller job, as well as lighting etc.

We just thought it would be a good idea to fix the map a little as it was a tad bland, lacking a hospital (pics to come); brightened up the road textures a bit, added a few buildings here and there, improved the number of objects around each house to give an individual feel, and added small things like parks, flag poles etc.

In terms of a list (this is off the top of my head):

Police:

-Stillwater Sheriff Department

-Mammoth Lake Sheriff Department

-Wisconsin State Patrol

-National Park Service

EMS:

-Stillwater Rescue Service

-Mammoth Lake Ambulance Service

-Superior (Private)

-Gunderson Tri-State (Private)

Fire:

-US Forestry Service (LA Mod Models already included)

-Stillwater Fire Department

-Mammoth Lake Fire Department

Also [WIP and Subject to Change] is more of a reassurance for the team, so that we can get rid of things if needs be; though in most cases nothing is going to change much, apart from obvious texture bug fixes etc.

Hope it makes sense/helps.

Rlast.

P.S What courthouse?

Wow, that map is awesome.

Really like the idea for th car vs tractor MVA!

One question, do a lot of houses out there have gated driveway out there in Wisconsin?

Great job!

Just like in the rest of America it depends on the wealth of the given area. I would guess in general a small town would not have many but you only have so many building models to work with and those are the best at the moment for a small town feel.

d1cm.png

The one in the corner of this picture, I just thought it looked pretty big for a small town so I thought it might be the courthouse (generally the largest building in a county.)

At the moment that's just the basic Bank building from the standard game.

Can you show us more of the firestations and police stations> that im pretty excited about!!!!

There's only a single FD station and a single police station; I might be able to get some screenshots soon but they're not particularly interesting I'm afraid!  ;) I think the Police Department is just a normal building with some units parked outside for the moment. We also have an EMS station in the making that Marius is working on.

One question, do a lot of houses out there have gated driveway out there in Wisconsin?

Glad you like the map and the accidents, thanks for the support. Those are only 4 individual houses, so it's more like a recent rich development. Also, note that Stillwater is a focus for tourists, though not to an extreme degree, and hence does have some wealth.

What models are you guys using for the FD apartatus?

Soon I might be able to bring about a few more screenshots of the Fire Department; pictures of the current equipment you can see scattered throughout the topic. In terms of equipment on the trucks, pretty standard set-up; hoses on Engines, jump pads and jaws of life on Rescue etc.

Alright so on the back of this it says Municipal Wisconsin and it's the same thing for the cops and EMS. Also how will the stations be set up? How many FD rigs will be in each?

Thanks a tonne CFD, I'll work from this. There is only one fire station it's a small town, we have about 5-6 units in it I believe, though that is subject to change. There is an EMS station with 3 or 4 units I believe (Marius's creation), and the rest are off-map mutual aid or national agencies.

Will this mod work on lower end computers. Like with intel graphics?

Should do, it's got an LA mod base. Quite a few people seem to confuse us a bit with the Manhattan Mod team; although Raf and Marius obviously work on it this is an entirely separate project and only draws from the mod when necessary, for the occasional unit for example. I don't actually work on the Manhattan Mod project, so you shouldn't encounter the same crashes etc. We're using less ported content, though I can't guarantee anything for post-release obviously. Our vehicles aren't ludicrously high poly; NNICO models are very well-made!

love your modï¼

Thanks for your support lapdlafd!  :cool:

I got the impression that the only town on map would be Stillwater so probably one Stillwater FD station with all the rigs, all fire units would come from off map. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Correct. One fire station and one EMS station. To be honest, we're not going over-board on Firehouse design or anything like that. For an initial release, at least, we just want stable content, a range of units, good and diverse incidents to respond to, a well-designed map, working scripts and, most importantly, a fun experience!

Sounds great! I am so happy to see that work is still progressing and that so much more has been accomplished. Is the EMS station going to be part of the hospital? I know in lots of rural areas the ALS ambulance units are operated by the hospitals while in other areas they are operated from a separate station. (like AMR I believe) I was a little confused seeing as one of the ambulances I saw had "Stillwater Fire Rescue" on it I believe so in that case I would think it would be at the fire station. Once again great work!

Sounds great! I am so happy to see that work is still progressing and that so much more has been accomplished. Is the EMS station going to be part of the hospital? I know in lots of rural areas the ALS ambulance units are operated by the hospitals while in other areas they are operated from a separate station. (like AMR I believe) I was a little confused seeing as one of the ambulances I saw had "Stillwater Fire Rescue" on it I believe so in that case I would think it would be at the fire station. Once again great work!

I believe you've confused it with this one: http://forum.emergency-planet.com/topic/17912-stillwater-modification-fictional-in-progress/?p=263667

This is part of the Mammoth Lake Fire Department, i.e. mutual aid.

The Stillwater EMS station is separate to the hospital; it is part of the Stillwater Rescue Service that provides all EMS help within the Town of Stillwater.

Alright, I'm sure you've been asked this question a ton already,so I apologize in advance for that, but just wondering if you have any sort of an idea of roughly when this mod will be released? I cannot wait to play it! Thanks.

Hey mate, i'm not going to report you or get you in trouble or have a go, just saying, folks around here don't take lightly to asking for release date so if i was you i'd delete your post before the locals get nasty ;)