Hoppah

US Army Mod 0.6 [RELEASED]

Hi,

do you think its possible to develop a bigger mission were you really have to fight? I imagine something like a high number of terrorists (15-25) occupie an area and you have to fight it back step by step. That would bring in a tactical variation and it would be much easier with the MRAP or the stryker. Than they werent just a nice to have. And I am always a bit counfused about the robustness of soldiers and enemys when shot. Wouldn't it be a little bit more realistic, if you need to treat them fast or they die? Just an Idea. Very nice mod Hoppah. Thank you very much ;)

P.s. Please excuse my grammar an spelling faults, my english isn't that good. :)

Edit: Checkpoints would be awesome!!

We've discussed this previously and we can't really come up with a fair way to make the game adversal in nature, the game was designed as a co-op game for mp uses, to try to change that would require a great deal both from development standpoint, and the computers involved in attempting to play the mod... The game isnt command and conquer or similar titles, it just wasnt meant to have the same type of gameplay.  We've tried to come up with a co-op MP system with sadly the same pitfalls of synch issues and glitches and bugs being the largest hurdle that we arent sure if it is possible to clear.

I know this would probably be a stupid suggestion but what about just adding the vehicles in multiplayer like normal multiplayer with a new map and maybe some of the scripts?:/

The scripting is the problem, because this format does not use the original gameplay latency issues cause all kinds of bugs and glitches within the full time running script.

Guys, I have a real deal-breaking problem with this mod. As much as it's great to play, there's one ridiculous thing that ruins it for me.

And that is - the terrorists don't wanna shoot my soldiers! They shoot at all my cars just fine, but as soon as I tell the soldiers to get out, all the terrorists just holster their weapons and stand around idle - this is ridiculous :)

Is there any way I can fix it? Maybe the soldiers are defined as a wrong faction in the game files, or something? I tried changing the script to always use BEHAVIOUR_GANGSTER_ATTACKALL for rebels, but all it does is this -

when there's no US forces around, the terrorists happily shoot at everything in sight, but as soon as my men come around - they holster all their weapons immediately and wait, idle.

Is there any way I can modify the script/ game data to make the terrorists properly engage my forces, or is this thing fundamentally broken? :)

And actually, I now know more details as to how this thing fails. For some reason, it seems that the method ->changePrototype() renders the actors invisible to AI. Whenever my soldier takes out the rifle, and this method is triggered, he effectively becomes invisible to the rebels.

However, I commented out the calls to it in the M4A1 script, and I see no negative effect on the game, yet the soldiers are now properly attacked. Problem solved, it seems :)

Guys, I have a real deal-breaking problem with this mod. As much as it's great to play, there's one ridiculous thing that ruins it for me.

And that is - the terrorists don't wanna shoot my soldiers! They shoot at all my cars just fine, but as soon as I tell the soldiers to get out, all the terrorists just holster their weapons and stand around idle - this is ridiculous :)

Is there any way I can fix it? Maybe the soldiers are defined as a wrong faction in the game files, or something? I tried changing the script to always use BEHAVIOUR_GANGSTER_ATTACKALL for rebels, but all it does is this -

when there's no US forces around, the terrorists happily shoot at everything in sight, but as soon as my men come around - they holster all their weapons immediately and wait, idle.

Is there any way I can modify the script/ game data to make the terrorists properly engage my forces, or is this thing fundamentally broken? :)

I have the same issue. Can you describe how to fix that in detail for those of us who don't know anything about scripting, like me.

And actually, I now know more details as to how this thing fails. For some reason, it seems that the method ->changePrototype() renders the actors invisible to AI. Whenever my soldier takes out the rifle, and this method is triggered, he effectively becomes invisible to the rebels.

However, I commented out the calls to it in the M4A1 script, and I see no negative effect on the game, yet the soldiers are now properly attacked. Problem solved, it seems :)

How do you do that, I want the rebels to do that to!

Moderator note: Posts merged. Use edit button next time. -nfk

Sure. Open the /scripts/command folder. Look for m4a1.script and sniper.script, open with notepad, look for any lines with "changePrototype", and place two slashes in the beginning of each line you find (the line has to start with 2 forward slashes).

This will break the sniper magnifier glass for some reason (the sniper can still shoot, though), but the rest seems to work just fine. And is much more fun.

Sure. Open the /scripts/command folder. Look for m4a1.script and sniper.script, open with notepad, look for any lines with "changePrototype", and place two slashes in the beginning of each line you find (the line has to start with 2 forward slashes).

This will break the sniper magnifier glass for some reason (the sniper can still shoot, though), but the rest seems to work just fine. And is much more fun.

Thanks! :12: That always bothered me too!

Back in the days I was making Coastal rescue mod, I had made British infantry and also a WMIK Land Rover in desert for a mod along the same idea as this, very cool, glad someone has done something similar to my idea! Awesome!

Back in the days I was making Coastal rescue mod, I had made British infantry and also a WMIK Land Rover in desert for a mod along the same idea as this, very cool, glad someone has done something similar to my idea! Awesome!

that sounds epic

why not try and get Hoopah to maybe add them in as a specail team like they spawn and do a convoy at random and sometimes need help or you have to help them on a patrol or something like a specail support team