Hoppah

US Army Mod 0.6 [RELEASED]

It's been a while, because I've been spending a lot of time on the limited water demo mod, but here I am with a big update on the army modification. The new version of the army mod will contain some new vehicles.

There will be two new light vehicles, a quad and a light strike vehicle (sometimes referred to as desert patrol vehicle, lpv or lav, or simply dune buggy).

post-4-0-08912900-1379373049.jpg

*models not made by me. I found them on the internet somewhere and were uncredited. I believe they were originally taken from one of the Battlefield games.

And then the MRAP Cougar. The texture still need some detail work, but I wanted to show the progress.

post-4-0-65963700-1379373041.jpg

*model made by me

Another helicopter, the MH-6 Little Bird. As you can see on the screenshot, personnel is seen visible sitting on the outboard benches. The helo comes with a rapid insertion command.

post-4-0-40198000-1379373030.jpg

*model not made by me. I found it on the internet somewhere and were uncredited. I believe it was originally taken from one of the Battlefield games.

With the help of MikeyPI I was able to do a whole new fleet of HMMWV's :happy: . We felt it was necessary to replace my HMMWV model, because it was simply too undetailed. MikeyPI originally made the HMMWV for the New York Modification to serve as a LRAD vehicle, but that one is not released to public yet, so with the advice from MikeyPI I made four different versions. Screenshot first:

post-4-0-03862700-1379373022.jpg

*credits: orginal HMMWV by MikeyPI, edited by me

As you can see, the HMMWV is way more detailed than the older HMMWV, because of MikeyPI's great texturing skills. *drool

Versions:

- M998 HMMWV, which will simply replace the old HMMWV

- M997 HMMWV Maxi Ambulance, which will replace the older HMMWV ambulance

- M1038 Troop transport, this one will replace the old Transportation Truck which was not realistic (I think that model come from one of the GTA games). This vehicle will be usefull to transport detainees. :)

- HMMWV with Active Denial System (ADS). (pic of the real thing) The M998 has an upgrade to the HMMWV ADS which will work the same as the LRAD on the current old HMMWV, except that the ADS will need to be installed first so it can fold up.

Thanks to MikeyPI for the advice on the different versions.

Hoppah

You're right about the Transport truck; it was the Barracks from GTA San Andreas.

I'm absolutely loving the way things are going so far Hoppah, awesome work! If I might recommend, though, that you scale the MRAP a tad bit bigger and/or the soldiers a tad bit smaller, as they are definitely not proportional from what I'm seeing (could also be my point of view though I guess)

yo whats up

i dont know if this is possibel to put in the mod (Ripsaw MS2)

link here

www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ripsaw++ms2&oq=ripsaw++ms2&gs_l=youtube.3..0.8690.15430.0.15734.11.10.0.1.1.0.233.977.6j3j1.10.0...0.0...1ac.1.11.youtube.RefKTW7p-XA

or just search

ripsaw ms2

s**t if i saw that behind me i would ruuuuuuuuuuuuun :D

but not even a golf cart can escape that :(')

Edited by Stan

I may release some kind of test mod for the interested people. :) However, it's not like you can just copy and paste the code in any other mod. The script is designed for specific vehicles in the US Army Mod (1 TFFT, 2 local fire trucks) and is integrated in the missionscript. Unless you have experience in scripting it would be damn hard to use this in other mods. 

might be weirdbut maybe you could add the limit of  water to your la  mode?

might be weirdbut maybe you could add the limit of  water to your la  mode?

I released the limited water logic as a seperate demo mod and I believe someone is busy with a submod that includes this.

OT: Time for a new update!!!

Helicopters are very overpowered in the game, because as long they're airborne nothing can happen to them. So me and MikeyPI came up with some ideas to increase realism as well as a more challenging game. So with some advice from MikeyPI we decided to add limited fuel to all helicopters in the game. :)

This is what it looks like:

post-4-0-73726200-1380142636.jpg

You can see the totally cool fuel gauge in the lower right screen. Once the helicopter runs out of fuel, it will simply crash down and you will lose the helicopter as well as all of its passengers. Sucks, doesn't it? However, you will be notified if the fuel tank is nearly empty. The helicopters will refuel automatically when they're 'parked' on one of the two helipads at the base. I will probably also add a fuel truck, so you can refuel helicopters which could land before crashing but can't make it back to base anymore. With a fuel tank of about 400 'gallons' the helicopters can remain airborne for 5 to 6 minutes. Due to gameplay balancing aspects, this is not realistic ofcourse, but a limited fuel tank would be redundant in this game if helicopters can remain airborne for 1 hour before it would crash.

There's also another little suprise, but that's something you will have to find out in the upcoming update yourself. *meanface

I'm still contemplating to add limited fuel to all land vehicles as well, but that will definately not be present in the next update, so no worries.

Hoppah

I released the limited water logic as a seperate demo mod and I believe someone is busy with a submod that includes this.

OT: Time for a new update!!!

Helicopters are very overpowered in the game, because as long they're airborne nothing can happen to them. So me and MikeyPI came up with some ideas to increase realism as well as a more challenging game. So with some advice from MikeyPI we decided to add limited fuel to all helicopters in the game. :)

This is what it looks like:

attachicon.giflimited_fuel.jpg

You can see the totally cool fuel gauge in the lower right screen. Once the helicopter runs out of fuel, it will simply crash down and you will lose the helicopter as well as all of its passengers. Sucks, doesn't it? However, you will be notified if the fuel tank is nearly empty. The helicopters will refuel automatically when they're 'parked' on one of the two helipads at the base. I will probably also add a fuel truck, so you can refuel helicopters which could land before crashing but can't make it back to base anymore. With a fuel tank of about 400 'gallons' the helicopters can remain airborne for 5 to 6 minutes. Due to gameplay balancing aspects, this is not realistic ofcourse, but a limited fuel tank would be redundant in this game if helicopters can remain airborne for 1 hour before it would crash.

There's also another little suprise, but that's something you will have to find out in the upcoming update yourself. *meanface

I'm still contemplating to add limited fuel to all land vehicles as well, but that will definately not be present in the next update, so no worries.

Hoppah

Epic work man making the game a lot better for the helicopter crash will the crew be trapped in the helicopter when it crashes or will they be outside off it wounded or just vanish

Very nice always impressing us if you had to out a percentage on the current progress of the mod what is it at?

80-85%

I still want to add a couple of extra things and need to do some extensive testing myself to fix major bugs. That will take some time, but the majority of the update is done.

Oh man, I'm so happy to see this. I would do my own form of a military based in LA Mod using the additional units mod and a custom map. This is perfect, and I bet it'd make Agency War so much better. Definitely glad to see and be able to share this mod with friends. We've wanted to get back into playing.

Hoppah

Personally, I think it would be cool of the fuel truck was added and land vehicles fuels were balanced. I think it would add more of a tactical element so that you would want to effectively manage personell and vehicles (heal people, refuel vehicles) to keep working, else potentially stall vehicle enroute to a scene. Just my .02