Hoppah

US Army Mod 0.6 [RELEASED]

2v8g64g.jpg

The United States Army Modification

for Emergency 4

1. CONCEPT

The United States Army Mod is a modification for Emergency 4 and based on the presence of the US military in a Middle-Eastern region.
It's a freeplay focused mod and your task is to carry out events from your base with small taskforces.

2. MAP

The map is fictional, but based on a rural, Middle-Eastern region. It features a functional army base from where you will have to start each event.
The map features a town as well as a bigger rural area, including a refugee camp, a ravine and smaller populated areas.

post-4-0-72364600-1370973024_thumb.jpg

3. EVENTS

The US Army mod features freeplay style gameplay in a neverending gamemode. The mod contains new, unique and challanging events and only one event will spawn at a time.
The events range from finding and deactivating IED's to providing humantarian aid and most events contain random elements to create unpredictability and enhance replayability. By completing events you will earn points which can be spent om development, and money what can be spend on new units.

4. POINTS

The most unique feature of this modification is the development tree. The development tree contains 10 different items which will add small advantages to the game.
Choose your development carefully, as it takes time to complete development and gaining points can be difficult, especially if you start losing units.

5. UNITS

The mod contains several playable military vehicles and persons. Each unit has at least one unique feature, which will make them important and valuable. You can buy recruits ingame and train them as a soldier, medic, engineer, sniper, fire fighter or spec ops. You will start the game with an Army Commander, who is able to call in assistance from local emergency services, such as local police, ems and fire department by using his radio. There will be only one available commander per game, so make sure to protect him well!

6. INTERFACE

Because the mod only features a handful of units, some interface elements have been redesigned. The window where the buttons to the vehicle browsers used to be, has been replaced. This window contains buttons to purchase vehicles or recruits, a button to open the development tree, a button to open gameplay options. The window also shows information about the current active event and the points you currently own.

7. DOWNLOAD AND INSTALLATION

The most recent version of the mod is 0.6 and can be downloaded here: Download US Army Modification
Size: 70.8 MB
Release date: October 16, 2013, 8:06 PM

Installations instructions:
1. Remove any older US Army Mod installations (such as versions 0.4b and 0.5)
2. Download and extract the .zip package
3. Install the .e4mod file
4. Launch the game and load the US Army mod
5. Use the mission-menu and select 'Play United States Army Mod' to launch a new game

8. NOTES

Post feedback and new ideas here: USAM, Feedback and Ideas
Report bugs and issues here: USAM, General bugs / issues and FAQ topic

- The US Army mod is NOT multiplayer nor freeplay compatible. The only way to play the mod is through the missions-menu.
- Using the save/load functions may result in unstable gameplay or even crashes. IF you would like to save, make sure no event is running nor items are currently in development.

9. COPYRIGHT, SUBMODS AND PERSONAL CHANGES

Like any other modification you're free to make personel changes to this modification. Making personal changes is always at your own risk and may result in unstable gameplay or crashes, for which I can not be held responsible. At this moment, public submods are NOT allowed. Due to the complexity of the mod, please keep in mind that adding new units requires extensive script- and interface dialog alterations.

Hoppah

• Like 1
  • Upvote 14
  • Downvote 2

Screenshots and video

post-4-0-72364600-1370973024_thumb.jpg

post-4-0-40198000-1379373030.jpg post-4-0-03862700-1379373022.jpg post-4-0-08912900-1379373049.jpg post-4-0-71178500-1381269368_thumb.jpg post-4-0-89700100-1375653036_thumb.jpg

post-4-0-05237300-1381672600.jpg post-4-0-45454500-1381672601.jpg post-4-0-92292300-1381675610.jpg

Easter Egg
There are 6 goldbars hidden on the map. Collect all 6 of them and you'll get a surprise!
Open the spoiler tags for the locations and the surprise if you are having troubles collecting the gold bars.

You will get a playable M1 Abrams MBT when you've found all 6 goldbars. Each goldbar will also reward you with $2,000.

The locations:
- "Camping site" on the bottom of the ravine, under a box. You'll need a helicopter to land in the ravine. Drag the box away and pick up the gold bar.
- On the top of the waterfall, under a bush, at the end of the small path leading to the top of the waterfall. You will need to cut down the bush first.
- Lower left corner of the map, near the poor village with the water well. There is some wooden scrap on top of the goldbar.
- In the small village, look for a bunch of pallets behind a house. You will find a gold bar after dragging the pallets away.
- There is a parking lot surrounded by houses at the right edge of the map in the bigger town. There's a goldbar hidden under a barrel.
- Find the old statue in the big town, behind the statue there are bushes and trees. Under one of the bushes you will find a goldbar. You will need to cut down the bush before you can pick it up.

Upon collecting the sixth goldbar, the M1 Abrams will appear at the base and park under the camoflage nets.
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I fixed my modinstaller by using the default install directory. Have you tried that? :)

I have no idea what you mean, can you waklme through what you did? People have mentioned registry fixes and such but to be frank I have NO idea on how to do any of this

I need to ask :D

How on earth do you take care of the angry riot approtching the base when you have only played 5-10 minutes.

I have tried 2-3 times, every time have most of my soldiers been injured.

There are dubbel as many rebels as soldiers, what to do?? :)

I need to ask :D

How on earth do you take care of the angry riot approtching the base when you have only played 5-10 minutes.

I have tried 2-3 times, every time have most of my soldiers been injured.

There are dubbel as many rebels as soldiers, what to do?? :)

The group is divided into 2 smaller groups when the event spawns. If you get this event early on, purchase a local PD car. If you act quickly you can intercept one of the groups with soldiers and local police officers. Then focus on the remaining rebels in the other group.

is their anyway to make it so you can call more Police cars and if a cop gets wounded call one off them as it was a pain having a cop car with only one cop in it because the other got wounded and i didn't know how to get him back Also Epic mod man it was a little hard at first then it got More fun with a Humvee got ambushed for no reason it was unexpected and Epic so good work man