scrivs

Welfordshire Mod (in progress)

287 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Water Carrier/Tanker have a roof monitor/deck gun?

• Yes
    • No

The fire service won't have a battenberg livery. There are a number of brigades that still don't use battenberg, for example, London, Merseyside and West Midlands. That's just 3 straight off the top of my head.

However, the police and ambulance services will have battenberg.

The fire service won't have a battenberg livery. There are a number of brigades that still don't use battenberg, for example, London, Merseyside and West Midlands. That's just 3 straight off the top of my head.

However, the police and ambulance services will have battenberg.

I know mate, I was just speaking in a general sense

great updates this mod i really hope gets completed and released soon as unlike previously amazing uk mods this actually really brings the UK feel to the game and the models, personnel and scripts look awesome love your stations and the opening equipment lockers on the fire trucks awesome stuff as a member of the ambulance service look forward to see more updates of the UK ambulance and fire service stuff please when making the ambulance station have a make ready section including stores and wash bay sections cheers!

Will HART paramedics have any additional abilities over standard paramedics and will there be any other medical units, such as BASICS, first responders or MERIT?

Also, I'm sure I've seen a video (for a different mod) of a rope rescue script. I'm not sure if this was ever implemented in a fully functional mod though. Would be great if you could include something like that in this mod

hi,

i havnt posted on this forum in quite a while, but have kept an eye open.

i absoloutely love the idea of having a mountain rescue team, i work for kent search and rescue and we do similar work to the mountain rescue so this has made me very excited!

im really looking forward to this, keep up the good work!

Thanks for all the positive comments guys.

As for the negative ones....bore off. It's a fictional mod, we will have it as we want it. End of.

As to some of the questions:

1) There will definitely be a police station. But not 100% sure about the ambulance station. We have decided to use the triage script and as a result, my understanding is that you can't have both the to hospital script and the triage. So there will be no hospital. The map only includes two small towns in amongst the hills. We did think about having one where you could choose what department of the hospital to send the ambulance (eg burns, A&E etc) however we decided for realism, we wanted to triage instead. There may however still be an ambulance station, but it would only serve the ambulance cars.

2) It's not a bad idea, having both RAC and AA. However, the reason I choose to do the RAC over the AA was because the London Mod already has the AA. That and I actually use the RAC lol.

3) There will be BASICS and community first responders. Not sure about the HART having any extra abilities. We don't want to give them any fire fighting abilities. They aren't firefighters. The only extra I can think of is Gas Tight Suit, which they will have. But we are always open to suggestions, so fire away! (Although, I'm not promising that we will definitely include them, either by choice or not being able to lol)

Also, what is MERIT?

4) I'd love to use a rope rescue script, there is certainly plenty of space for rope rescues in our map. However, I am yet to come across a script that does so.

Again, thanks for all you kind words and support.

Oh, since most of you have been so kind, here is another update. This time not in Welford, but in Rambleside (yes, just like Ambleside. See what I did there lol. Don't forget Welfordshire is loosely based on the Lake District).

Rambleside is the village/town on the other side of the pass. There is a winding road through the hills to get to each town, so expect a bit of a travel time.

Welcome to Rambleside Community Fire Station. Unlike Welford Fire Station, this is an older building with the traditional local slate walls. Rambleside is a retained station with a Pumping appliance and a small all terrain vehicle that will be able to access off road sections of the map ie the hills (skins for both of these are likely to change, so don't get too attached....especially to the Battenberg. And the location will change, so don't take any notice to the map texture)

I hope you all like them.

post-3230-0-47624100-1370986331_thumb.jp

post-3230-0-20725300-1370986368_thumb.jp

post-3230-0-96853700-1370986381_thumb.jp

post-3230-0-36246400-1370986404_thumb.jp

Nice! you should stick with the battenburg there it suits it most F&R vehicles like that have battenburg anyway as for the ambulance station what about one ambulance and a first responder based there so you have enough paramedics to treat anyone on the map exp: anbulance treating someone when another medial call comes in dispatch the first responder to treat them until a ambulance is avalible

Why don't you have a H.A.R.T station instead of just ambulances (not sure how realistic this but hey, what the hell, it's a fictional county) :)

They do have HART stations but they are in built up places. Also it is a good idea to have a first responder, met police are you thinking about a CFR of a first responder because it would be cool with aa CFR.