scrivs

Welfordshire Mod (in progress)

287 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Water Carrier/Tanker have a roof monitor/deck gun?

• Yes
    • No

Thanks for all the positive comments guys.

As for the negative ones....bore off. It's a fictional mod, we will have it as we want it. End of.

As to some of the questions:

1) There will definitely be a police station. But not 100% sure about the ambulance station. We have decided to use the triage script and as a result, my understanding is that you can't have both the to hospital script and the triage. So there will be no hospital. The map only includes two small towns in amongst the hills. We did think about having one where you could choose what department of the hospital to send the ambulance (eg burns, A&E etc) however we decided for realism, we wanted to triage instead. There may however still be an ambulance station, but it would only serve the ambulance cars.

2) It's not a bad idea, having both RAC and AA. However, the reason I choose to do the RAC over the AA was because the London Mod already has the AA. That and I actually use the RAC lol.

3) There will be BASICS and community first responders. Not sure about the HART having any extra abilities. We don't want to give them any fire fighting abilities. They aren't firefighters. The only extra I can think of is Gas Tight Suit, which they will have. But we are always open to suggestions, so fire away! (Although, I'm not promising that we will definitely include them, either by choice or not being able to lol)

Also, what is MERIT?

4) I'd love to use a rope rescue script, there is certainly plenty of space for rope rescues in our map. However, I am yet to come across a script that does so.

Again, thanks for all you kind words and support.

Oh, since most of you have been so kind, here is another update. This time not in Welford, but in Rambleside (yes, just like Ambleside. See what I did there lol. Don't forget Welfordshire is loosely based on the Lake District).

Rambleside is the village/town on the other side of the pass. There is a winding road through the hills to get to each town, so expect a bit of a travel time.

Welcome to Rambleside Community Fire Station. Unlike Welford Fire Station, this is an older building with the traditional local slate walls. Rambleside is a retained station with a Pumping appliance and a small all terrain vehicle that will be able to access off road sections of the map ie the hills (skins for both of these are likely to change, so don't get too attached....especially to the Battenberg. And the location will change, so don't take any notice to the map texture)

I hope you all like them. You could have a community support unit and the paramedics could have the option to put stab proff vest on

What is the triage script? Instead of having an ambulance station you could have ambulances and rapid response vehicles park up at the fire stations, as is quite common now. Or at a clinic or GP surgery. From there you could also maybe add an on call doctor who responds under green lights or the BASICS doctor.

I think if you do include HART then they should come from off map as they would usually be stationed in more urban areas. With regard to abilities I was thinking gas tight suit (as mentioned) and BA so that casualties and injured personnel can be treated in the hot zone.

mERIT is the medical emergency response incident team. It is usually a doctor and nurse or 2 of each who respond from a hospital, preferably not the one patients are being sent to. They usually attend major incidents or where an individual has very severe injuries.

I had a look for the video showing the rope rescue script but couldn't find it. Will keep looking for it.

Really like the 2nd station and units. My suggestion for the all terrain vehicle would be to make it more like the west Mids brigade response vehicle. Which is a Toyota hills and has lockers on the sides. It carries 3 crew with a hose reel, BA and some small cutting tools. Just my suggestion though.

what about having a st johns ambulance stationed at one of the fire stations? could act in a similar way to the retained firefighter script, would be more realistic than having a full time ambulance station in a rural village imo.

what about having a st johns ambulance stationed at one of the fire stations? could act in a similar way to the retained firefighter script, would be more realistic than having a full time ambulance station in a rural village imo.

We may include SJA in the mod. But 'SJA retained' wouldnt be realistic at all!. We plan to have a full time ambulance station, with an RRV and maybe 2 DCA's. There will also be a CFR (maybe 2) on the map.

We may go for the way things are being done now of having rural community paramedic posts. Where an RRV is always based and crewed by an advanced para. We are looking to use the discharge at scene script so not every patient has to go to hospital!.

Should have a few more screens tonight :)

Not sure how rural ure going but the nurses you have at hospital for asma (there called practise nurse here) would be a good idea for off map if u don't have a health Center /hospital

Another little update.

- Welfordshire F&RS Command Support Unit (can be called off map)

- Welfordshire Ambulance Service Rapid Response Vehicle which will be based on the map

Also after a discussion with e34p tonight, we've agreed on what ambulance service resources we shall have on the map;

- 1 Community Paramedic post, with 1x Rapid Response Vehicle

- 2 Community First Responders, one in each town, Welford and Rambleside

- Standby points for Ambulances around the map, possibly 1 at each fire station, and at the Community Paramedic station.

The Paramedic for the map will be an advanced para, who will be able to discharge patients at scene.

EM4_2013_06_12_23_23_15_12.png

EM4_2013_06_13_21_56_42_31_F.png

awesome work so far and to agree with earlier comments leave battanberg as is do not change is needless extra work that would only subtract from the current quality the units are perfect so far and I would love to be given the privilege to test for you as I think wholeheartedly you have done one amazing job so far keep it up updates really coming thick and fast too which we all like I am sure I can speak for all there that we like that it should not be too long before a initial release even if further updates and subsequent releases are done from there! I would also like to say without any disrespect meant to any other mod out there or mod creators that in my own opinion which I am entitled too this mod has me the most excited for release and is by far to me the best mod project i have ever seen so far to date!

awesome work so far and to agree with earlier comments leave battanberg as is do not change is needless extra work that would only subtract from the current quality the units are perfect so far and I would love to be given the privilege to test for you as I think wholeheartedly you have done one amazing job so far keep it up updates really coming thick and fast too which we all like I am sure I can speak for all there that we like that it should not be too long before a initial release even if further updates and subsequent releases are done from there! I would also like to say without any disrespect meant to any other mod out there or mod creators that in my own opinion which I am entitled too this mod has me the most excited for release and is by far to me the best mod project i have ever seen so far to date!

I now have a severe headache from reading that. (Can you put some punctuation in please?)

Another little update.

- Welfordshire Ambulance Service Rapid Response Vehicle which will be based on the map

Also after a discussion with e34p tonight, we've agreed on what ambulance service resources we shall have on the map;

- Standby points for Ambulances around the map, possibly 1 at each fire station, and at the Community Paramedic station.

The Paramedic for the map will be an advanced para, who will be able to discharge patients at scene.

All looking very nice, just a Quick question, how will units like the CFR's be dispatched to the scene, will it be like winterberg where you have a control panel or will they be like LA mod (or something similar) and you just select for where you want them to go then you can just send them back to their home afterwards?

"I like the sound of it, looks great".

The units will have to be selected. We've tried to make it realistic, but not to quick and easy.

For example, the fire stations are retained, so there will be a delay in turning out:

You'll have to select the stations control panel and page out the required amount of firefighters and officers. You'll then have to get one of them to open the bay doors and then get them all rigged in their fire gear. Then select the vehicle and tell it to go where you want it to.

Upon completion of the incident you then put all the firefighters back in the fire engine and select park at base, the appliance will drive back to base where you will have to empty the vehicle and then send the firefighters away.

I hope that made sense.

Very nice mod, looking forward to following the progress of this. Also yeah I'd be happy to allow use of my attach hose script, just once we've released it ourselves. It's already been released in hoppah's US Army mod as I sent it him. Feel free to browse at that one ;)

x

Thanks Dsyon!

Glad you like our mod so far, means a lot coming from one of the creators of the Manhattan mod!!

I personally crew a fire appliance with a crew of 4. 1 officer, 2 bods in fire gear and one driver who is a firefighter still in his workwear (the red shirt in post one).

And then, when in attendance, I get the two bods to get a hose each, the guy (driver) who is still in his workwear to stand at the back of the pump as the pump operator, and the OIC to stand back looking on.

However, the firefighter in workwear is still capable of putting his fire gear on and being the same as every other firefighter.

I think that each station should have a Scania appliance as their 1st appliance with the Volvo being the 2nd appliance at one of the stations. Will fire fighters be able to take charged hose inside burning buildings for offensive fire fighting, rather than just using fire extinguishers? Will the tanker and incident support units have functions or will they be mainly for aesthetics? Will police have access to tazer? Maybe just armed and traffic police.

We're reviewing the Volvo at the moment, and will possibly change it to a M.A.N style pump.

Police officers will hopefuly have Tasers. We hope to use the script from the Queensland mod, which we believe the owner has given permission for anyone to use!

We are contemplating (and we'd like some imput from everyone) about putting a water cannon ontop of the water carrier. Its very rare to have UK appliances (outside of an airport) to have a water cannon on the roof. Whilst we are going for realism with our mod, we also have to think about the practicality when playing the mod.

So thoughts please? I've started a poll!

*edit - yes FF's will be able to take hoses into buildings

Edited by scrivs

No, it will take longer but be realistic. And can you staff the engines with 6 because that is what most british fire engines have responding to a call.

You're lucky to have 4 on the run at my local retained station. They're off the run most of the time! Same with most retained stations these days!

West Mids used to use a couple of these Tactical Response Vehicles, which had a water cannon and I think a crew of 5. The cannon was mainly used for grass/scrub fires.http://www.flickr.co...N03/5751281044/ If you were able to create a model of that then you keep the realism. Could use it instead of the remote access vehicle.