scrivs

Welfordshire Mod (in progress)

287 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Water Carrier/Tanker have a roof monitor/deck gun?

• Yes
    • No

Yes that's the one I was on about :D it might be a good place to start with the ladders.

It does sound like a good starting point. It would definitely be a good RP point to any mod, to have detachable and extendable ladders.

I can sort of think how it might work.

An object is modeled as a ladder. (Easy for 3D Modellers)

The Ladder Pump all ready has a model on, this can be 'removed' from the Ladder Pump to make it look like the ladder has come off (Bit like with the equiptment shutters on current Ladder Pumps in the game!)

And at the same time a ladder model appears in the Fire-Fighter's hand, the FFs have a button which you click called 'Grab Ladder' and you must click on a Ladder Pump for it to 'appear' in their hands.

The difficult part would be raising it to a building and getting fire-fighters to use it. Maybe with certain 'enterable' buildings you can click the Fire-fighter with the ladder and click the 'enterable' building as it highlights in blue.

The ladder model then disappears from the fire-fighter and an extended ladder model (3D modeller could also do this) spawns at a set spawn point next to the building, below a window.

Then any fire-fighter can click the ladder and they go to the base of it, 'dissapear' and then respawn in the building next to the window.

It's a little bit un-realistic, but it's a good starting point to a fully working ladder script for any mod.

Would also be good for RP training with the climbing frame ladders out the back of the fire stations.

Anyone else got ideas?

Keep an eye on traffic on the road from the petrol station to the farm, the traffic lights cause the traffic to back up and units can't spawn on the map because the vehicle spawn has been blocked. Use the traffic officers to redirect the traffic, that should help.

Sounds like rush hour in Hereford!

13911189755_b423fdaf50_s.jpg

(The amount of times I see a vehicle on 999 not able to get through traffic stuck at the traffic lights because their station/hospital (Spawn point) is blocked)

Sometimes at the Rambleside station, my game crashes for no reason. It doesn't happen anywhere else, and it crashes about 80% of the time. Any explanation? Great work on the mod, though.

Here is another update for you (sort of)

This will not be in the first release.

Our plan for the Welfordshire mod is that in Version 2 it will be a map of a large airport (think Heathrow) with multiple terminals, fire stations, moving aircraft (hopefully) and familiar airlines.

I hope you like our idea.

E34P

is this going to happen?

Merry Christmas. As a present this is something I've been working on

IMG_0484.thumb.PNG.12f3f73d1bc5285599cd5f5c56db5e51.PNG

IMG_0485.thumb.PNG.990e141c5e4696404b119868d3b63c4e.PNG

IMG_0486.thumb.PNG.7be2dcf0e239ec0478723cc57772f3d5.PNG

IMG_0487.thumb.PNG.f74723bdd905dd86aa18e2f0ebcd6299.PNG

IMG_0488.thumb.PNG.67ae3e2cb98876e36d570fee9f92f9fa.PNG

IMG_0489.thumb.PNG.2d7c62aa3b7c7efedba1e91ad758d9b5.PNG

IMG_0491.thumb.PNG.fc71f980d8b87ed0d74db0804aa92be9.PNG

IMG_0492.thumb.PNG.d5ebba8ba8c4b52c6815c3f102768faf.PNG

IMG_0493.thumb.PNG.d871ea4287d76c17eeded811e9b52907.PNG

Great stuff to see it being updated hopefully there will be more use

For the mountain rescue team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

40 minutes ago, patvmru said:

Great stuff to see it being updated hopefully there will be more use

For the mountain rescue team

This is a separate private mod based on the Bieberfelde mod and as such I won't be releasing it.

2 hours ago, e34p said:

This is a separate private mod based on the Bieberfelde mod and as such I won't be releasing it.

Oh well the way you posted it in here as a christmas present etc I figured it was a updated version of the welfordshire mod shame think everyone would of enjoyed that as already a great mod just needs more of a role for the mountain rescue teams

will there ever be an update or a new mod from you guys? from the stuff that you have shown like the Manchester one, the new London fire brigade model it would be nice to see more work 

My thoughts exactly a lot of non completed mods

16 hours ago, patvmru said:

My thoughts exactly a lot of non completed mods

No non-completed mods at all actually. Everything was either small things (such as the LFB truck) and completed private mods (such as above) you need to get your facts right before pointing fingers. Would have thought an "ARV officer" would have known better ??

ps the Manchester one wasn't us