Quincy

[Released]Call Coroner Script and Call Tow Truck Script

Sounds very nice. It's possible to just leave these around on the map, right? Be interesting to eventually use these instead of the normal menu for sending vehicles on the map.

Another quick script thought for when you start adding on-map calling to new scripts: a script that is dependent only on the prototype of a vehicle, and it not having "blue lights" enabled (so only idle vehicles would be chosen), instead of vehicles colliding with certain VOs. That would make calling ANY vehicle on the map pretty easy without having to dig too much into all the info needed. I'm not sure how spawning crew would work without specifiying all the VOs, but maybed it can choose the nearest crew spawn VO.

Yeah it could get the unit based off it not having lights enabled then the script will retrieve its location, save it, delete the unit, spawn the unit in the same place with the staffing you want then dispatch it to the screen. That could work

That command is run at start up and only when fire alarm is sounded, for that script to be adapted to what your thinking would be more hassle then gain.

Quincy, how would someone put together a randomizer in choosing the Prototype to spawn in the script? I've made separate Call SWAT scripts for the UMPC, UMDC, and the SWAT SUV. They all come from the same place with the same passengers, so a single script that would randomly choose between them would make more sense (as long as we can make the "n.SetSpeed" line dependant on the Prototype selected).

Could you send me that script, i just want to see how you have it setup. Im curious because i was going to make a command for the battalion chief that would be like a mayday and it would dispatch a bunch of units to the scene.

Hoppah and my friend managed to dig out the issues I was running into, so I've got the scripts 100% now. I'm assuming adding even more vehicles would be pretty easy, and that sounds like an interesting script. I'm also going to start adding random checks to other scripts like the Call Ambulance and Call Engine buys to get some variety and eliminate the scripts to call specific vehicles and just have them be dispatched if the map vehicles aren't available.

Here's the script; it has two commands, slightly different (the second calls a scout and negotiator in a Bear instead of just SWAT in a Bearcat).

LACallSWAT.rar

Note: Prototype file names may need to be changed.

Limit of 11 "Get Equipment" commands so each prototype cant have more than 11 get equipment or call unit commands without having to edit the script.