Guest e34p

Running as Administrator on Windows 8

Hi all. I recently got a new laptop with Windows 8 on it. I'm trying to change the freeplay parameters, however, every time I try to save them they wont allow me to and I have to save them to the desktop and then copy into the correct folder. This would be fine, but I know that if I do this it is not saving any files properly as it needs to be run as an Administrator. So I opened EM4 as Administrator and it crashed straight away. It runs without any problems if I open it normally. I have the User Account Settings turned off. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Guest e34p

I have uninstalled the game and have reinstalled it, however, when it tries to install Directx it stated that there is an error as 'This version of Directx is not compatible with this version of windows' So does that mean I can't have the correct Directx version on windows 8?

I have turned the User Account Settings completely off and it still wont allow me to save changes I make to files in EM4

Hello,

The problem with win8 is anything you try to save within c:\ are locked excepted when installing programs.

To help you try to solve this problem. You will nned to:

Step 1, goto that folder e.g. sixteen tons entertainment, then right click & select Properties.

Step 2, goto Security tab then click Edit button then select Users not Admin.

Step 3, click allow Full Control & Modify& press apply, then wait till its finished and press ok.

This should allow you to save files/modify within that folder or any other folder in c:\ program files.

I hope this helps.