Hoppah

[RELEASED] Search house script

Hey guys, I don't seem to be able to get this to work.

The proccess I went through was;

Placed the enter house script in the London mod/scripts/game/command

Loaded up the editor

selected a default emergency 4 house

clicked edit=>edit children

Placed an object named: SearchHouse   at the door way 

Loaded up the game and no one seems to be able to enter it?

any help would be great thanks :)

I can confirm that I cannot have a person with a hose enter open houses, even after removing the lines that should have been preventing it. I've attached the script below. 

EnterHouse.rar

Also, I'm wondering if your water supply mod might be affecting it, Hoppah, though I'm not sure how it would.

Another quick question about this. Is it possible to have multiple SearchHouse children on a prototype, allowing people to use the closest one?

I've got a couple short questions to ask...

Would it be possible to have another outcome whereas the firefighter becomes trapped inside the building, and you would have to send one (or more) other firefighters inside after the first firefighter to rescue them (thus making it much more realistic, as it would require players to consider having a RIT/FAST team in position in case something goes wrong)?

Is there any way to make this a requirement for either extinguishing the burning building or to otherwise complete that mission?

For somewhere like the motels in the bottom left hand corner of the LA Map, would it be possible to set multiple search points that have to/can be searched separately from each other?

Can this be set up so that certain buildings take longer than others to be searched? As after all some buildings are undoubtedly bigger than other ones

Many thanks for any responses!

Can I please get a video tutorial on how to get this mod working and stuff? I just really don't understand how to use the editor and if anything I'm doing is even working. Idk how to "enable" childs on every house or load up the LA mod map without the editor just not responding or crashing. If anyone could be so kind to send me specific instructions or a video tutorial, that would mean the world to me.

Can I please get a video tutorial on how to get this mod working and stuff? I just really don't understand how to use the editor and if anything I'm doing is even working. Idk how to "enable" childs on every house or load up the LA mod map without the editor just not responding or crashing. If anyone could be so kind to send me specific instructions or a video tutorial, that would mean the world to me.

You have to download the file, unpack it, then put it in your scripts/game/command folder for your mod. Afterwards, you open up the editor, go to "Mods", click on the mod you put the script in. It will ask you some stuff, say yes, then you will have to wait... a variable amount of time. I have a bad computer and it takes 1 to 2 mins. Then go to "Map" -> Load Map. (click no when it asks to save the map) It will give a dialog with the em4 main folder open, look for the Maps folder. Open and select freeplay.e4m . This is the freeplay map file. Once you finish that left click on any building you want to add the enter house command to. Then click the "Properties" button on the bottom of the screen. Find "child-objects", it is right next to the icon of your building. Click on the checkmark box for the child referencing the enter house script. If it's there, then you need to add the script command to personnel, unfortunaly that is something complicated that I don't like whatsoever. I cannot help you there. If the editor crashes, maybe it's your computer. Or you may need admin powers on your computer. If the child for the enter house command is not there, then you will need to redownload or make sure the file is in the right place. Remember to save the map at "Map" -> "Save"!

But a better option is to download a mod that already has the script pre- installed, like the Mayberry Mod, for people like you who aren't up to the editor or don't understand it.

Have fun, edit hard, learn a lot, and drink a soda! :drink:

And this is only what I can see from looking at the topic. I might have gotten it a bit wrong around the rough edges.