terickson30

Stop Campaign missions from ending

When I play the more difficult Campaign missions (like the earthquake mission), I try to proceed cautiously, rather than rushing in carelessly, especially since my personnel won't even get away from danger on their own. Since I have to control literally every action my units make, and I struggle with controlling more than one group at a time, I can hardly handle "several-front wars," or simultaneously dealing with several major incidents at different parts of the map. Unfortunately, missions end when there are "too many injured" or fires have "spread out-of-control," so I often can't play missions in the way that works for me.

Basically, I want to be able to play missions through to the end, instead of the mission ending because of too many casualties or uncontrolled fires. If I get a bad score, so be it, but I want to play from start to finish. I looked for previous posts about this, but I couldn't find any helpful information.

Thanks.

Someone else can correct me if i'm wrong, but I believe the path is EM4-Data-Scripts-Game-Mission, then just edit the failure conditions

I think the path is correct. Anyhow, he is right, just edit the failure conditions to fit your style. (How many objects are on fire, etc)

I too am no good at micro management. Thus i am only able to finish a few missions.

I don't know how to edit failure conditions. Could you give me a detailed explanation of how to do it? I saw another post about this, but it only applied to the L.A. Mod missions, not the original ones.

EDIT: This is what I found earlier, which only seems to be the case for the new missions of Los Angeles Mod:

http://forum.emergen...ling-a-mission/

Digging into my game files the failure parameters are listed up at the top; example from mission 16:

// mission 16 script "rock festival"

const int MAX_DEAD_CIVILIANS_HINT = 5;

const int MAX_DEAD_PERSONS = 12;

const int MAX_DEAD_CIVILS = 7;

const int MAX_INJURED = 40;

const int MAX_ROWDIES = 20;

const int MAX_SPARK_OBJECTS = 10;

in this section of a given SCRIPT file, simply change the numbers to outrageous levels to disallow failure

EDIT:editing process works the same for any mission

Mission 6 example

If you check the top of any mission script file, you'll find a similar block of failure parameters

Edited by mcoyne