kameronbc21

manhattan mod crash

this question has been asked time and time again by those of us W/O super computers. but I downloaded the Manhattan mod for my computer to replace the aged LA mod rest its soul. so when I try to play free play with either FD/EMS or all calls it crashes to the desk top. does anyone know how to fix the issue OR how to change the map? since its against regulations to ask about a new map im looking for suggestions

this question has been asked time and time again by those of us W/O super computers. but I downloaded the Manhattan mod for my computer to replace the aged LA mod rest its soul. so when I try to play free play with either FD/EMS or all calls it crashes to the desk top. does anyone know how to fix the issue OR how to change the map? since its against regulations to ask about a new map im looking for suggestions

New topic isn't really needed. And te reiterate again...

• Do you have intel/nvidia graphics?
  • A super computer isn't required, in fact pretty low specs can run the mod, it's just about crappy graphics cards.

New topic isn't really needed. And te reiterate again...

• Do you have intel/nvidia graphics?
  • A super computer isn't required, in fact pretty low specs can run the mod, it's just about crappy graphics cards.

my laptop came with a intel HD graphics card.

Will none of you people realize you all have the same problem and it will always be the same answer!

what do you mean YOU PEOPLE?! the issue is yes I realize the question was asked befor but because soo many people ramble and prattle on and on in the forums its hard to get an actual answer out of anyone...and im assumeing that a lot of people walk on egg shells here...small observation

It's intel graphics cards. Yes I agree handsup was a bit blunt, but here's 3 different replies from 3 different topics, none of which are the main mod topic...

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.php?/topic/17296-manhattan-freeplay-problem/page__hl__+intel%20+graphic#entry245461

Integrated graphics cards and intel graphics cards both refuse to work. Besides that a reasonable amount of RAM, VRAM and hard disk space should run the mod smooth.

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.php?/topic/17238-manhattan-mod-crash/page__hl__+intel%20+graphic#entry244161

Well, I'm not going to comment on my personal opinion of intel graphics, but intel seem to not offer the support for our mod. Yet almost every other graphic set up works, or can be tweaked to work.

Sorry dude.

x

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.php?/topic/16967-manhattan-mod-help/page__hl__+intel%20+graphic#entry240187

:WTF:

If you have an Intel graphic card that might be the issue.

Plus on page one of our main topic...

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.php?/topic/12549-manhattan-modification-v300-in-progressprevious-versions-released/#entry178854

-----------19/07/12-----------

Important Release information relevant to Version 2

Ok guys, just like to say we haven't forgot about the issues from v1.

We've put a lot of time into researching the issues restricting some users from experiencing our work, we believe we have narrowed the users down to specific graphics cards, notably Intel Graphics Cards, we're looking for more feedback from the community as to this theory. There doesn't seem to be any way round this issue, so here is our best solution.

We will be releasing 2 version of the modification -

Version 2.0.0 (High Definition Edition) - This version will feature the mod in its full entirety with HD skins, detailed models and the use of imported buildings from GTA.

Version 2.0.0 (Standard Definition Edition) - This version will feature a reduced unit selection, lower quality skins, lower quality models and only em4 buildings on map.

This is all in an attempt to allow users of all PC spec to play our mod, this is the best possible remedy I can come up with, I hope the community will be understanding and appreciative.

The SD version will be released a few months after the HD release.

Both release dates have not and will not be announced until development is complete.

Thanks for reading this guys, hope this extra effort on my part will ensure some enjoyable gameplay for all those who can't play!

Dyson

x

So there, yes it's intel, I'm happy to repeat myself, but to have a go at handsup is uncalled for, so please read a little before jumping to conclusions.

x

ok what about if you have an nvidia graphics card? cause thats what i have and i'm trying to run the game but it does the same thing over and over again. it crashes to desktop. is my graphics card an integrated graphics card? i dont know. PLEASE HELP! 

Usual troubleshooting -

Lower all settings to lowest

Run as admin

Move entire mod out of mod folder then back in (then restart PC)

Make sure you installed correctly.

ok then what if that doesnt work?

There was something about an nvidia control panel tweak that fixes it, try our main topic first page thats where most are posted, if not I'll flag this to someone who knows the fix. But yeah there's so many things it could be so it's hard to pinpoint in each individual case.