Engine81

[WIP] Zombie Mod

Introducing Zombie Mod!! Based on Hoppahs' LA Mod. I with the help of two others have decided to make the first all out Zombie mod.

Plot: A ship carrying toxic chemicals has exploded and begun to sink. The chemicals have caused all but a few humans to be turned it zombies. Your task: Eliminate the zombie threat in your city!

Map: The map will be the original LA mod map with a few edits.

Units: There will be 3 possible assignments when in-game: SWAT, ATF, National Gaurd (and Air Ops if you have 4 players)

Media:

A quick pic of a 2 Zombies in-game!!

em42013040617331234.png

I thought that adding zombies made the game unstable and lots of zombies would cause the game to crash.

When you have a hazmat call does the game crash if you have two many people who are infected?

The same thing would apply here I believe :D Like he said though... only if it blocks a spawn point.

We are currently going to be adding 2 vehicles: M1A1 Abrams and a Humvee with a remote control turret..meaning it might be able to shoot!! It should have the same characteristics of the water cannon but deadlier. Any others military vehicles you might want us to add??

Heres my ideas:

• Block off certain roads to limit the amount of zombies movable area, along with the players, and to keep them from the edges of the map.
  • The game can start in a mid crisis, which is much more easier to set up and handle. Rather than having the player just start out with one zombie, maybe add around 10. But keeping the players spawn in a distance so they cant just run up and start killing before anything happens.
  • You can place a few street racers (the ones that shoot back) in random boarded up locations as hostiles.
  • Keep the map decent sized as to the amount of room the player can actually play through. I wouldn't suggest using the whole map. But maybe section it off.
  • Many little things can be added, for example- Having buildings doors locked so they have to be busted down by the axe to allow access. Making the building a valuable asset to the player by possibly adding assault rifles inside. But also hard to get into as they have to find the axe first.
  • You can also add people inside buildings with speeches to talk about what happened, kind of like a RPG. Just for curious players.

Thats all I can think of right now. Hope something helps with your ideas!

I would have some PD cars as well, like if the apocalypse had caught a city by surprise and the cops were still trying to handle it. Also some military trucks like the deuce and a half. Also some APCs with or without weaponry would be cool.

armored_personnel_carrier.jpg

original.jpg

deuce%2Band%2Ba%2Bhalf.jpg

Heres my ideas:

• Block off certain roads to limit the amount of zombies movable area, along with the players, and to keep them from the edges of the map.
  • The game can start in a mid crisis, which is much more easier to set up and handle. Rather than having the player just start out with one zombie, maybe add around 10. But keeping the players spawn in a distance so they cant just run up and start killing before anything happens.
  • You can place a few street racers (the ones that shoot back) in random boarded up locations as hostiles.
  • Keep the map decent sized as to the amount of room the player can actually play through. I wouldn't suggest using the whole map. But maybe section it off.
  • Many little things can be added, for example- Having buildings doors locked so they have to be busted down by the axe to allow access. Making the building a valuable asset to the player by possibly adding assault rifles inside. But also hard to get into as they have to find the axe first.
  • You can also add people inside buildings with speeches to talk about what happened, kind of like a RPG. Just for curious players.

Thats all I can think of right now. Hope something helps with your ideas!

Heres one more sugestion: edit some of the civilian textures. So that they look more "zombie-ish". :) That would be awesome!

Looking foward for this project, good luck! :happy:

BTW you should at least add a helicopter like a black hawk. Seems like it would be hard to make it shoot bout it would sure come in handy. It would be one of the first things I would use if I was a commander (assuming zombies can't fly)