Paul Spain

Need For Speed HighStakes Modders

Who on here mods for NFS HighStakes? I love that game because it is so easy to work with and there is a plethera of vehicles one can use to make mods. while I don't build anything from scratch I do repaint and decal vehicles to several agencies around my area and around the World. I also do sirens for the game.

You can check out my mods here:

www.nfspolicehq.com

I know VooDoo Operator was quite active on this game once :happy: .

Haha! Yeah, I was... but that was - wow, time flies - about 12 years ago. I'm amazed that there's still some modding going on for a game that I can't even get to run on my PC because it won't recognize my relatively recent graphics card as something that exists.

I'm particularly proud about the last cars I made for NFS based off the Dodge Diplomat. I see you've got 2 there, the CHP cruiser (by far my best) and the SQ Caravelle. I'm pretty sure at some point I also made a Nevada HP slicktop, but I can't find it on your site. If I still have the file somewhere, I'll send it your way.

Haha! Yeah, I was... but that was - wow, time flies - about 12 years ago. I'm amazed that there's still some modding going on for a game that I can't even get to run on my PC because it won't recognize my relatively recent graphics card as something that exists.

I'm particularly proud about the last cars I made for NFS based off the Dodge Diplomat. I see you've got 2 there, the CHP cruiser (by far my best) and the SQ Caravelle. I'm pretty sure at some point I also made a Nevada HP slicktop, but I can't find it on your site. If I still have the file somewhere, I'll send it your way.

Ok..Thanks.

Yes NFS HighStakes will never die off because it by far is the easiest to work with..The programs you use to make police and other emergency vehicles is cut and dry..No complicated tasks to remember. Only drawbacks is TGA limits: 256X256 (most used) and 512X512 (rarely used) I'm kind of wondering if the vehicles from Emergency 4 mods would work for HighStakes or if they is too high poly..I could definatly use the DDr VolksPolizei Barkas B1000 vans for my ColdWar mod: http://rion-fan.deviantart.com/gallery/38461303

Anyway about your PC issues and HighStakes?..Have you tried using the stock packs from Jim Diablo? I got mine to work that way and setting the game to admin rights.

The last time I tried playing it was a couple years ago, I'm not even sure I still have the game CD. I'll give that thing a try though...

NFS models do work in EM4... at least the earlier, low-poly ones. I would suggest getting rid of the interiors though, and making the glass opaque. If you can cut on polies, it's a good idea too.

I believe the Crown Vic model used by Hoppah in the LA mod actually came from a NFS model... (could even be the HP2 Crown Vic, I'm not sure about this one)

The last time I tried playing it was a couple years ago, I'm not even sure I still have the game CD. I'll give that thing a try though...

NFS models do work in EM4... at least the earlier, low-poly ones. I would suggest getting rid of the interiors though, and making the glass opaque. If you can cut on polies, it's a good idea too.

I believe the Crown Vic model used by Hoppah in the LA mod actually came from a NFS model... (could even be the HP2 Crown Vic, I'm not sure about this one)

No I meant would the Emergency 4 mod vehicles work in NFS High Stakes..Or are those way too high poly to use in that game..I know the siren sounds work well in HighStakes so I'm hoping the models would too, I used one for my Bulgarian police car:

Ok after some rips from the DDR mod and M60 mod I found the models are decent enough for N.F.S. HighStakes you need to resize them to 200% in CarCad otherwise they look like diecast models in the game, After resizing them they work beautifully.

Here you can see the VolksPolizei water cannon from the D.D.R. mod and the UAZ police van from the M60 mod: