MNBug

Map Editing

Hey everyone, I'm looking for some info on editing maps. I've seen some tutorials out there and I've read many of them, but I don't see much stuff for map editing. I do have some coding knowledge and a Computer degree so I should be able to pick up stuff pretty quick. I have some specific questions to start then I'll play on my own. If you have some time to help, I'd appreciate a little question and answer session on this thread.

Some Basic Questions:

1) How do I Import a building that is in a folder, but not already on the map?

2) When moving or deleting buildings, how do I change/alter the texture of the land under it. For example, If I move a house, the driveway still remains. Or some maps have sand traps in a golf course.

3) Is it easy to add/move waterways?

4) If I copy a building that has an event tied to it, will the event be copied as well (I'm guessing not).

Some more advanced questions:

1) How do I create an event? Does anyone have a small tutorial on that or would someone be willing to walk me through an easy one?

That should be it for now,

If you answer this post with any help, thank you in advance.

1. Shouldn't have to import any thing. If it appears in the editors objects list simply select it and the place it on the map!

1.2. In the event that there is a building modle in the file but it dosn't show up in the editor pick where you wont the build to be ( House, Vheicle, Person, Objects ) Then click new! A window will open in the editor, Give the building a name! At the botom of the window there will be a place to select the prototype file! Click browse and find the building modle in the correct fiile location ( This will be a .V3O file

2. Unless you have the original tga imiage of the map you can't. If you do have the original tga file the open it in a image editor and change it to fit! and import the texture using the terrain tool in the map editor should be somthing like import -> import texture ( I simple work around to this porblem is to put texture imiages ( DDS format ) in the details files i usally use the markers folder! )

3.Yes there basicly just virtual objects. ( Polygons )

4. Most of the time no. But it can happen!

The advanced question is probibly the easist to answer hers is a tutorial!

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 3:54 PM, marechausseeMP said:

i would like to remove a event from a certain map. how is that done? just delete the whole event from the map? or is there more to be done to make the event stop appearing. i would love to know this. and yes, im just getting started on the modding.

All events are scripted to happen. What event are you trying to remove? Does this event happen in various places on the map?