Guest scarymo

uk mod

Guest scarymo

Hi

Is there anyone out there making a mod for the UK. There are quiet a few for EM3 but think EM4 now needs one. If anyone out there wants to have a good feel free im sure plenty of people from uk would love to see one, and be willing to help if possible

Guest scarymo
Why don't you give it a try :unsure:

Wouldnt have a clue where to start or anything, never done anything like it before, i am willing to try but not sure where to start or anything else. Software to use ect

Guest scoobyandy

I willing to give it a go, never done anything before so not sure what will happen, where can i get the software from i need ect and what do i need to get for that matter.

Is there any guides available to help me?

Guest CHP

Read here http://forum.emergency-4.org/index.php?showtopic=902

That will give you the list of modeling/skinning programs. It may also be easier to start with just re-skinning the original game models and take it from there, I have gained quite some expierience just by playing around with the editor, give it a try :) So long as you make backups all will be well :)

Guest scarymo

Ok, so im going to have a go at doing some re-skinning. i have loaded up the file in photoshop, i carnt work out how to edit them as seem to be in layers, but how do i do this, as cann't seem to find a way of editing each individual layer. ( they say locked or something like that)

Can someone give me a hand please. as, as they are there hard to edit, or is this the way its done as they are and just have to work on them on this image as is. Please can someone help me out

Skins aren't made in layers. Some of them have an extra Alpha layer (to make things invisible).

But, do you have installed the .DDS plugin for Photoshop?

And, if you are trying to open .dds files from my LA mod, you will get an error. Those files are locked/secured. :ph34r:

Hoppah

Guest scarymo
Skins aren't made in layers. Some of them have an extra Alpha layer (to make things invisible).

But, do you have installed the .DDS plugin for Photoshop?

And, if you are trying to open .dds files from my LA mod, you will get an error. Those files are locked/secured. :ph34r:

Hoppah

Hi Hoppah.

yeah i got the .dds plugin. im not doing your mod, i just experimenting on the standard ones that come with EM3 or EM4, So am i right in thinking theres just one small rectangle and all the peices are there, and just have to edit them as they are. As when doing this a few tools dont seem to wantt to work and

Is there a tutorial or anything about using photoshop7.0 as cant work out how some tools work ect

Guest scarymo

Sorry guys but really cant do skining, im not computer based really and so not good on pc.

I have tried, but just cant do it

so if anyone else is willing to give it a go please do, as a uk mod would be sooo good

Guest scarymo
well buzzben is working on a hampshire mod for em4 but hes hit problems with the language barrier (i think he has the german)

and ill be only too happy to help when english em4 decides to arrive

tell me about it, german is so hard to understand, thats why i was just trying to re-skin would of been easier. but just cant get head round it

Guest Robin93

Hey Scarymo,

I wouldn't say that my English is perfect but it's not bad.

So I could help you with German words and things.( I'm German) :ph34r:

If you need help just say it.

Greetings

Robin93

Guest legal_16
Hi

Is there anyone out there making a mod for the UK. There are quiet a few for EM3 but think EM4 now needs one. If anyone out there wants to have a good feel free im sure plenty of people from uk would love to see one, and be willing to help if possible

EM4 has is outin english !!!! it has been released under a diffrent name, it is now called "First responders", it is the same ghame, missions, units, everything just a diffrent name. the mods are the same for both games !!

EM4 has is outin english !!!! it has been released under a diffrent name, it is now called "First responders", it is the same ghame, missions, units, everything just a diffrent name. the mods are the same for both games !!

We already know that for about two months ;)