Miercolini

What would you like in Emergency 5?

Basically starting this thread for anyone to comment on what they would like to see in Emergency 5. We all know this one "We want modding!!" But what else would you like them to include? If you could tell Ralph Stock and Michael Mick Stigler personally what you would want in the game, what would it be? Bigger maps, enhanced modding tools maybe? I want in editor mapping tools, like company of heroes if anyone has used the world editor in that game. The ability to add textures and map from inside the editor instead of Photoshop. I would also like to see maps that are bigger and have many building that allow entry. My ideas are nothing new but share what you wish would be included in the new game.

em5.jpg?noCache=1355179692

Well, its already concluded from the authors that there will be made a new editor and modding opportunities, but personally i hope they'l make exactly as you said the possibility to make bigger maps and more open buildings, as the possibility to import models easier from programs like 3ds max, maya etc.

But just to get over the basic from the words of the authors.

Emergency 5:

-Will have a much better better looking and more user-friendly editor than Emergency 4.

-Will include a better graphic engine (Probaly more like Emergency 2013 graphics)

-It will not be possible to Export/Import or use Emergency 4 mods in the new Emergency 5 game.

I feel compelled to add in some things I'd be interested in:

In addition to many of the ones suggested above:

Requirement to be suited up to go inside a burning building

Ability to go on more than one floor (like in Em1)

Better model relations. Cars that are realistic in size compared to their surroundings, etc.

More of the strategy missions instead of major event missions

The ability to cheat a freeplay mission to get a quick result like you do now (send one fire truck to put out a full neighbourhood) or the ability to do it right and get better results (send the right vehicles to do the job)

pretty much agree with all that has been said already. Newfoundkings idea is best though.

The ability to cheat a freeplay mission to get a quick result like you do now (send one fire truck to put out a full neighbourhood) or the ability to do it right and get better results (send the right vehicles to do the job)

How about make a realism mode, Send the right vehicles to do the job, This will include requiring hookups to a supply etc etc. Otherwise more of an Arcade mode where you can send one rig to put out the neighborhood with unlimited water supply, for someone who just wants to play a quick game sometimes.

I'd like better controls. Picking directions for holding back people or something like that. Hell, the ability to choose what direction service personnel are facing like in most other RTSes, where you'd hold the right-mouse button when sending them and you could choose the facing. As well types of formations when selecting multiple on-foot personnel. I find it awkward when, say, I send a team of armed police or SWATs into a situation and they appear to be shooting one another because they automatically get into one-anothers' line of fire. I remember in EM3 where this could actually cause one to kill their own people.

I would like an editor that can be run in windowed mode so that you wouldnt have to exit the program to go edit a texture in an image editor and then reload the editor which takes time.

Someone mentioned that the trucks have an unlimited water supply, that needs to go, but at the same time, those trucks need to be refilled when the job is done, so i recommend some sort of timer to tell when the truck is full either at the scene or at the fire station, if refilling is cut short, it should mean you have a less filled tank rather than a full tank.

One thing that could add to realism, fuel supply per vehicle, sending police cars and ambulances out on city patrol should empty fuel tanks and the vehicles need to go to a service station, either a regular gas station or a city service center. This should apply to all controllable vehicles in game. If a vehicle runs out of fuel while responding to a call or returning to station, then you would need to send out a service truck to give a vehicle enough fuel to return to a gas station or city services refueling location, just sending the vehicles back to station should not instantly refuel or refill water tanks.

The ability to have multiple floors accessible while putting out fires.

Some building have an internal fire line which could be hooked up to trucks or hydrants to charge the system, my apartment building has fire hose outlets on each floor where the fire fighters could hook up to rather than coupling hoses together to make them longer, which brings me to my next point, coupling hoses for longer reach from the trucks to the fire, if a truck cannot park right up near the fire, you should be able to hook up hoses to each other so that a hose can reach a fire instead of one hose what seems like too long of a reach.

One thing i have seen with police officers redirecting traffic is that if you place them in the street the wrong way, they will face the direction that is not parallel to the road lane they are in, perhaps we can have smarter police that if you place them in a certain road lane, then they will automatically face the cars coming at them.

EDITOR:

-A graphic (skin) editor: Like the one in need for speed world

-Pick a texture for a map, like you can for models

GAME:

-Stations: not one big HQ

-Limited Water supply on the trucks, could hook into a hydrant or a lake

-Gangs, when you select gangster, you could select like gang 1-3 and they would fit each other and not just the police

-Car can't move when somebody isn't in them (except fire jet and boat)

-THW dude can use the jaws and extinguisher and lift people ( I know I can do that in the editor, but it would be nice if it came)

-Rifle and THW case are equipment that comes standard

-Hospital and Police Stations

Multiplayer:

-You play as one person: you get to select fire/ems/thw/police and then your open at your station and you respond to calls as then come in.

-The chief: guy who is hosting the game: has a special car and can get any set of special equipment, like Diver/shooter/hazmat/scout/firefighter in SCBA and turn back

(10 guys) -Police will have their own car

(10 guys) -EMTs will work in pairs on ambulances

(10 guys) -Doctors will have a car

(2 of each trucks) -Firefighters will be assigned to a truck

(10 guys) -THW will be able to operate any of the truck/equipment in the lot

(2 teams) -SWAT will have a team shooter, scout, sharpshooter, profiler

The multiplayer thing based is out there but that would be the coolest I think.

I know a few of my things aren't out there, but I don't know how far out some of the others are,

I would actualy like to see a lot of simulator aside of all the emergency stuff.

Like that you would actualy affect the city while in freeplay, for example, if there will be a lot of traffic accidents at one spot, i would like to have the ability to setup some traffic checks, and a patrol scheme, and the ability to hire multiple people.

It would be cool if there where underground pipes that could for example explode. (for example the NYC Steam pipe explosion).

And fully enterable buildings, and climable stairs.

Fix number of units. With x number of units starting on map and other that can be called in form surronding areas. With different travel times based on where there coming from. Each unit should have a difference visuial apparance.

Also as others have said more then one station.

As I love pre-hospital care, I'd like to see a more medically realistic side, especially regarding the ECG and condition of the patient in the taskbar (Takes longer than 30 or however many seconds it is for someone to become fully clinically dead from being alive and injured) Especially depending on the type of call, someone who has just fallen over isnt going to arrest after a period of time (Same with most injuries in EM4) and I would also like to see a cardiac arrest incident (Never seen them as an initial incident in freeplay)

To be honest, it would take a whole new approach to get me really interested in a new version. I'm looking for more than handling calls. From a map perspective, I would like most buildings to be interactive. That means stairs, different levels. Enterable balconies, roofs, windows operable doors, etc. I would like different and more realistic fire mechanics with smoke. The firefighting aspect should involve more than just squirting water. Things like ventilation should come into play. If the fire is in a third floor apartment, you should have to force entry, ventilate, search, etc while also locating and extinguishing the fire. Engines should need to hook up to hydrants. Towers should need to have an engine supplying them if they are going to flow water. There should be hoselines. Weather should be a factor. Wind should be a factor. Time of day should be a factor. Buildings should collapse if they burn for long times. They should at least deteriorate under normal fire conditions. Also, I would like the ability to choose the type of missions that I play. For me it would be fire only. Customizable weather is also a must.

This game has become routine for me. I want a real American city firefighting game. Guys like Dyson and Rafael have tried to work with the older version to turn it into something close. IMO, they have done a very commendable job. But obviously, the game itself will not allow for many of these things. Why not build these things into a newer version? Why not factory build an FDNY version with these features? Then the community can mod it for Chicago or LA or Boston or whatever.

New York would be a great city for a huge multiplayer map. LA or Chicago, Boston or any other major city would be cool. I would like to control a single unit and its crew. The idea is that the map is fully controlled by humans. So the EMS, cops, etc would be fully controlled by someone who wanted to play as them. The various units would operate according to SOPs to solve whatever situation has arisen.

It's amazing to me that we have World of Warcraft and other huge games, but we don't have a large multiplayer emergency simulation. This is what I would like to see in the next version.

More involved incidents, such as a crime is committed and if the Police were unsuccessful at the arrest, they would be required to investigate the scene with Detectives to get any leads, then depending SWAT/Patrol to arrest. It may then lead onto a siege at the offenders address. Requiring Cordon and Fire/EMS on stand by.

-Having more motor vehicle collision at an already existent collisions if the scene is not managed well. (Rubber Neckers)

-If your vehicle is shot at/rammed it causers more realistic damage, flat tyre/blown radiator making it unserviceable until a mechanic/tow is on scene.

-Emergency Services vehicles get into collisions whilst en route to jobs. (that’s going to make it hard)

Just some quick thoughts.

I would like to see the use of connection lines, where the truck can hook up to a hydrant. I would also like to see where trucks can hook up to other trucks. I would like to see more buildings that you can enter and fight the fire from inside. Also, limited water supplies which might mean the use of tankers. I would like to see tankers in the game, where they can shuttle water to the scene from a nearby water source. I would like firefighters to be able to ventilate the building (cutting holes in the roof, Breaking windows, etc...). More individual stations, not one main station. Limited fuel supply on the trucks. More realistic car fires. Plane crashes on freeplay as well as water emergencies. Automatic alarms as well as carbon monoxide detectors. Bigger map. Better sirens.