Hey All,

Rlast here!

I've just started work on a police equipment pack for Emergency 4, which I'm currently texturing and working to get in to the game. As you may know, a few of these models you may have seen before, the taser being one of course! It currently includes a Nightstick, Pepper Spray, Taser and M67 grenade (unrealistic addition :))!

PEPPER SPRAY

press1ocspray.png

Nightstick

press1.png

M67 Grenade

84326639.png

Taser

press2.png

Looks good. Will these be compatible with all the mods for EM4?

I'm not sure at the moment, but when they're all working in-game and have been transferred to v3o format I can give you a definitive answer! I do believe that, with the help of some scripts for the taser, and the editing of some scripts for the pepper spray, they should be able to work in-game with most modifications. That said, however, there could be unforeseen issues, such as scaling or applying the prop models to the personnel properly.

Let's all hope that they work though!

I would like to speak to the question if they'd work in game or not. Aside from looking awfully high quality, for a generally low quality job (a tool in a mini person's hand) I see no reason why they can't go in as objects. Now I could be mistaken, and they could be very low poly, which would make importing no problem at all, but I digress

As for the issue with them working, each one brings up questions of its own:

Pepper Spray could work with an added command, and possibly a new particle too, you activate it on a person, then they get stunned for a short period of time. I see no reason why this couldn't work with the proper scripting. The worst part I would imagine would be making a new animation should there not be one that works already.

Nightstick: Again, fairly easy, and potentially one of the easiest addons in the game. I would imagine it'd work as a weapon to beat people down faster. You'd just simply write this as a script like the others, where the officer gets it, then he/she has it and can take someone out in 3 seconds instead of 5, while getting the same damage. I'd imagine this would be relatively easy. I haven't adjusted fight damage before, so I am merely guessing, but I'd imagine that's what would happen. Now if that wouldn't work, you could also make it so that it would increase protection from fight damage. The fights would last longer, but you'd get less hurt. I do believe there is a setting for that in the game, but I don't know if that can be changed by script, or if it has to be done through model switching. Worst case scenario, it's just something that looks cool ;)

Grenade: I think there was already a discussion about this, and that it's possible to make work.

Tazer: Similar to the above, I can't remember how, but I think Hoppah explained it

Flashlight: Easiest ever. Make them hold the new equipment, and while they do, it activates a person light. The get script would just have them pull it off their person, and the light would come on. This would be no problem to add. I think I did it once with a gun model (I was lazy and didn't wanna make a flashlight for testing purposes)

Thank you Newfoundking for the time you took to write that response, it's very useful INDEED :holdglass: Concerning the poly count on each model, that should be relatively easy to reduce as it's just a case of deleting vertices and making new connections; they were not too high poly in the first place, it's the render in Blender which makes them so darn sexy :xmas:

I have been having a few problems simply converting them to v3o, but that should be solved relatively easily when I have some free time to try and import them to Zmodeler again. I am using a non-registered version, which to my understanding can allow for simply importing files then exporting them as v3o?

In terms of adding them to the game all that information will be very useful, and I am of the understanding that adding objects is similar to adding vehicles. I guess placing the models on personnel acts in the same way that placing the children on a vehicle does!

I'd love to be able to release this pack as a Christmas present for all you guys, and thanks for all the help everyone has given me so far. However, got some very important exams coming up so during the weeks I've been pretty packed out :(

I'll try to get to work on these again, and hopefully should have some in-game screenies soonish!