Rlast

[WIP] Aiken County Submod

Hey guys quick question: did Rlast get the tasers, OC spray etc to work with this mod yet or has that been abandoned?

They're still a WIP in terms of the scripting to get them working in game, but the models have mostly been textured!

We are still in need of a modeller who is able to model from pictures and a scripter. Please PM me if you are willing and able to assist. Also, if anyone lives in the area and has pictures of any of the above services, we would greatly appreciate those pictures.

3/1 Edit: Without a modeller or a scripter, we are unable to continue. If you can offer any assistance with either one, please let us know.

Very nice. The one thing I feel should have been pointed out earlier is that this is not the type of OC spray a patrol officer would carry. Still great work.

Yes, this is probably the kind of pepper spray SWAT, or other riot police units would carry.

So I know that you guys freak out when somebody askes about releasedates. But I am kind of curious because this mod looks so good that I need to know something! So could you maybe tell if it's gonna be weeks, months or years when this mod will be released.

Thank you and I'm sorry for asking;)

(If you wanna give me a citation for this, go ahead. I know it's not alowed)

Please don't tell me this mod is dead!

Sadly we don't appreciate asking for release dates, or even asking for "rough estimates". The truth is the team are very busy in their personal lives so they don't want to be stuck to deadlines that they're forced to set by the community, hence release dates are not finalised. At the moment, the mod can still be classed as 'in-progress', you just need to be patient and it'll be on its way.

Personally, I've entered a very busy period in my life so I only have time to offer help to the Honolulu Mod Project, which has a smaller team and fewer jobs to complete. That's outside the amount of working that I'm doing outside of modding, which just leaves me too tired to work on anything.

Regards,

Rlast.

So I know that you guys freak out when somebody askes about releasedates. But I am kind of curious because this mod looks so good that I need to know something! So could you maybe tell if it's gonna be weeks, months or years when this mod will be released.

Thank you and I'm sorry for asking;)

(If you wanna give me a citation for this, go ahead. I know it's not alowed)

So if you know it's not allowed, why exactly did you do it then? I guess you don't care that there is a 48 hour suspension headed your way either...

Sadly we don't appreciate asking for release dates, or even asking for "rough estimates". The truth is the team are very busy in their personal lives so they don't want to be stuck to deadlines that they're forced to set by the community, hence release dates are not finalised. At the moment, the mod can still be classed as 'in-progress', you just need to be patient and it'll be on its way.

Personally, I've entered a very busy period in my life so I only have time to offer help to the Honolulu Mod Project, which has a smaller team and fewer jobs to complete. That's outside the amount of working that I'm doing outside of modding, which just leaves me too tired to work on anything.

Regards,

Rlast.

Okay I understand. It's just that this mod seems really nice and I was checking this forum every two days or so to see if it was released yet. Since it wasn't, I couldn't help myself asking.

So if you know it's not allowed, why exactly did you do it then? I guess you don't care that there is a 48 hour suspension headed your way either...

Curiosity my friend! And yes, it was worth the try (and the suspension)...

Unfortunately, I was unable to get a new skin out Thursday night as had been stated on my status update, due to trying to skin at work.  Dispatch didn't like that idea.  I'll be working on a new skin tonight and tomorrow.

Edit:  Also, most of the units skinned by K9Alex and CFDDIVE are being redone, as their skins do not properly reflect ADPS paint schemes.  Also, any previous information regarding the layout of a new map, new models, and departments other than those listed on the first page is to be disregarded, as much was lost when I transitioned from my old laptop to my current one.  However, I do still have the other laptop and will be attempting to salvage what I can.  The new map will NOT be in Version 1 and the layout is under consideration.

All your work looks great! Keep it up! I am looking forward to the release :) .