mindcore

Emergency 4 Configurator - Beta 4 Download Out!

Okay. I've not been able to dedicate much time at all to the project, unfortunately, but I'm going to try and do some more work now.

So, I shall begin by responding to the recent(ish) replies regarding the Configurator.

The Configurator doesn't work for me. Every time I try to save the settings, a dialog box comes up that says the pathway to the .cfg file is denied. My only option is to quit without saving.

The Configurator has to be run as Administrator, billyyank, or be given some kind of authority over the files to allow it to edit them. Try running it as Administrator (right click and Run as Administrator), let me know if that works. The next version will launch as Administrator by default.

Also, I think we all need a mod launcher so to speak. I think if you can incorporate a way for that program to read what mods the game has installed and to give it the ability to launch them from the configurator, it would really ease the troubles of some folks!

Mod launcher? I absolutely will be including that, in fact, I'm planning on putting one together and releasing that seperately to keep you guys going while I work on the next verson of the Configurator.

I was wondering if it would be possible to have a sort of event "controller". I am a big fan of this configurator, but I would LOVE to see a sort of controller where you could trigger the specific event you want one at a time and in-game. This way you could do the event you wanted to at that time and not have to worry about other events triggering before you are done and ready for the next. Does such a thing exist as of yet? Is this even possible? Thanks all!!

An event controller? That's not a bad idea, although I'm not sure how to make it. It would require some kind of memory injection, I expect - I'll certainly take a look into it, it might not be possible, but then again it might be. If I can inject the correct thing into the memory it should be able to trigger any event I want. I looked at using scripts for this, but it seems that events are hard-coded into the actual game itself.

Okay. I've not been able to dedicate much time at all to the project, unfortunately, but I'm going to try and do some more work now.

So, I shall begin by responding to the recent(ish) replies regarding the Configurator.

The Configurator has to be run as Administrator, billyyank, or be given some kind of authority over the files to allow it to edit them. Try running it as Administrator (right click and Run as Administrator), let me know if that works. The next version will launch as Administrator by default.

Yes, running as Admin works fine. Thanks.

Another question. How do I turn down the traffic frequency?

Traffic frequency wasn't something I included in it, although I will be adding it. There are a lot of things that will be different in the new version, for example, presets (hopefully ones you can save), like Low, Medium and High traffic.

Traffic frequency wasn't something I included in it, although I will be adding it. There are a lot of things that will be different in the new version, for example, presets (hopefully ones you can save), like Low, Medium and High traffic.

When i run this on administrator and click save it gives me this error: Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. The requested operation cannot be preformed on a file with a user-mapped section open. what do i do? i tried running administrator when you told billyyank to. but i get this problem when i do run administrator. help!

Okay, well, there are quite a few issues currently with the software. I'm rewriting it from scratch, covering all bases, to try and ensure there are no more glitches and problems.

Problem I'm having - which I am coping with, though - is that I'm a web developer, not a software developer. So I can write this entire thing, fully working, in PHP, but I don't exactly have a full knowlege of VB.net or C#.Net. But I will get it done eventually.