mindcore

Emergency 4 Configurator - Beta 4 Download Out!

Also, I think we all need a mod launcher so to speak. I think if you can incorporate a way for that program to read what mods the game has installed and to give it the ability to launch them from the configurator, it would really ease the troubles of some folks!

Can I use this and after that load a mod and the settings are like i want them? or is it "just" for playing without mods?

Likewise, I would like to edit only the LA Mod for my game. I can do it by hand, but this seems like it would be much easier.

Figured it out for the free play paramiters. But when running the LA Mod, it seemed like the camera anlge adjustment didn't work...

Edited by BlueShark

Likewise, I would like to edit only the LA Mod for my game. I can do it by hand, but this seems like it would be much easier.

Figured it out for the free play paramiters. But when running the LA Mod, it seemed like the camera anlge adjustment didn't work...

For me it worked out perfect, playing the Norway mod!

Thanks, everyone! I am going to start the modding toolkit soon, too.

This will include:

• Mission Creator (Like that other one, but new :P)
  • XML File Editor
  • Vehicle Adding Tool
  • Image Editor (To easily create unit icons)

The tool I plan on creating after this one will make it easier to add, remove and reskin vehicles, create missions and edit unit files. So, yeah, as soon as I have time I will make a tool to do that. Only problem is finding a redistributable library for DDS editing... I might use NVIDIA's downloadable one and get the user to download it on first launch.

Just wondered when this is likely to be happening as would really like some help to add some vehicles to my london mod from dosed monkeys unfinished mod coastal rescue like the rnli boats and some of the ambulance and police units! But have moved over the vehicle and personnel and equipment files etc into the mod I wanted but the vehicles still do not show anywhere and searched everywhere but found now real guides of how to transfer units from one mod to another as dosed monkey released unfinished to allow people to use however they liked what he had already achieved added scripts etc but guessing I need to do stuff within the EM4 editor etc but am not a modder but any stretch but am good at following basic guides and file structures etc so if someone would help post a detailed guide of every step required to transfer a unit as in from one mod to another that would be fantastic and I am sure would help a lot of us players to enjoy our games and mods even more and to personalise them the way we want them!

Finally I got the game to 1366x768 yeah. After playing on a small resolution for all these years finally it is the correct resolution thanks. I'll need to check out the multiplayer thing though, see if it's an issue.

Hi guys,

Sorry, I have been very busy. I will see what I can do about the problems; I am especially concerned about the Multiplayer problems Emc-Unit is having.

I will see what I can do :)

- Mindcore

The tool I plan on creating after this one will make it easier to add, remove and reskin vehicles, create missions and edit unit files. So, yeah, as soon as I have time I will make a tool to do that. Only problem is finding a redistributable library for DDS editing... I might use NVIDIA's downloadable one and get the user to download it on first launch.

Any updates on this 2nd tool?

This thread has been inactive a while, i'm getting worried :O

I've been a bit busy. It might not be finished for quite a while - but I'm releasing a little something I got together that is not related to this. I will probably get around to finishing it, but if I don't, I will release the source code for it soon. :)

Edit: That is the little something released on the download area - assuming it passes moderation (which it should!)

O

I've been a bit busy. It might not be finished for quite a while - but I'm releasing a little something I got together that is not related to this. I will probably get around to finishing it, but if I don't, I will release the source code for it soon. :)

Awesome!

That's the new thing posted - the LA Mod 2.1 & AUS 2.1 unpacked textures.

These will make it far easier to create reskins of LA Mod and AUS vehicles, objects, persons and buildings. Best yet, you can just drag and drop them straight into your LA Mod 2.1 installation folder (assuming it is a fresh install and does not have texture changes already) and play / edit without any further changes.

I'm thinking (for a lark) I might extend the military in my copy. Perhaps a military bomb disposal team, desert colour trucks, casual and desert military uniforms. :D

I really can't wait until the next release of Emergency Configurator :)

I have been off for quite a while, as I am sure you have noticed, but I am now working on it again. I'm improving a lot of existing elements, like the XML interface, to reduce errors and make it easier for me as a developer.

I will be adding the following features (I am designing everything but the UI from scratch:

• Screen Resolution
  • Camera Angle
  • Mod Launcher
  • Freeplay / Campaign Events and basic parameters (time, budget, earnings)

The modding suite... well, that will take a while. I have lots of components for it, like the emergency 4 button generator I coded a while back, but it will be complicated.

Please let me know what other things you want to be able to change with the new version of the Emergency 4 Configurator and I will do my best to include them.

Any updates man?

Hmm, I've had all my college work and everything. Main updates are that I have some new concepts and a new GUI that are in progress, and that I've finally realized that using a big font on a forum looks goofy (hence my normal sized text).

All updates will be posted on Twitter with the hashtag #emergency4configurator (which is a very long hashtag XD)

EDIT: I noticed that some people have mentioned problems with multiplayer when using this. This is indeed because there is a checksum function to make sure that all players have the same files, preventing crashes. I might try and figure out some kind of synchronisation feature, or something to easily export/import configuration changes - possibly even game profiles. This is all very complicated to code, though.

Hmm, I've had all my college work and everything. Main updates are that I have some new concepts and a new GUI that are in progress, and that I've finally realized that using a big font on a forum looks goofy (hence my normal sized text).

All updates will be posted on Twitter with the hashtag #emergency4configurator (which is a very long hashtag XD)

EDIT: I noticed that some people have mentioned problems with multiplayer when using this. This is indeed because there is a checksum function to make sure that all players have the same files, preventing crashes. I might try and figure out some kind of synchronisation feature, or something to easily export/import configuration changes - possibly even game profiles. This is all very complicated to code, though.

Haha. I probably dont have it as bad as you ;)

I was wondering if it would be possible to have a sort of event "controller". I am a big fan of this configurator, but I would LOVE to see a sort of controller where you could trigger the specific event you want one at a time and in-game. This way you could do the event you wanted to at that time and not have to worry about other events triggering before you are done and ready for the next. Does such a thing exist as of yet? Is this even possible? Thanks all!!