mindcore

Emergency 4 Configurator - Beta 4 Download Out!

Can someone confirms this works?? It just seems a little shady coming from a member with only one post.

Yeah, I see what you mean. I would think so too :)

Well, about the posts, I just set this one up as an alt account. My other account is "foffler".

For safety, I hosted the download on a reliable website with a built in virus scanner. And don't forget, you should probably back up your em4.cfg (or em4deluxe.cfg) before testing the beta.

OK can someone explain what this does? I don't understand it at all. ;)

Ok.

Well, it is a useful tool which allows a user of Emergency 4, Emergency 4 Deluxe or 911: First Responders to configure which freeplay events occur, and adjust the options for those events. It also allows you to easily set custom resolutions, graphics options and camera angles.

I hope this helps :D

Are you going to do a new way to reskin vehicles? That would be nice.

The tool I plan on creating after this one will make it easier to add, remove and reskin vehicles, create missions and edit unit files. So, yeah, as soon as I have time I will make a tool to do that. Only problem is finding a redistributable library for DDS editing... I might use NVIDIA's downloadable one and get the user to download it on first launch.

Hey Emergency Planet!

I thought you guys might like to know that I have created a 911: First Responders / Emergency 4 configuration tool!

It allows you to configure screen resolutions, camera angles, tweaks and freeplay parameters, and might have other features (please make suggestions!).

I have just released the fourth beta, which changes the branding and colours a little.

Here are some screenshots:

post-38762-0-34568700-1353444571.jpgpost-38762-0-03891100-1353444575_thumb.j

Current idea list: Thinking About | Working On | Completed

• Freeplay file editor to change events, money etc...

I just finished the third beta of the software. If you want to try it, here is the download:

Download the latest version here (Hosted in the Emergency Planet Download section).

Please tell me what you think, what needs improved/added and if there are any bugs or problems. Place the software in the directory in which the game is installed, or select your game location when you start the program.

I like this very much, but i have downlaoded it and it is trying to find .cfg files meaning that i can not open the freeyplay files to edit it, can you please help.

I like this very much, but i have downlaoded it and it is trying to find .cfg files meaning that i can not open the freeplay files to edit it, can you please help.

It asks for this by default. If you select your em4.cfg file it opens the program which has a button to select your free-play file. If you can't access your em4.cfg file for some reason I will need to rethink this :)

Hope this is of help :)

Hey Mindcore, word of advice, perhaps don't use the Nvidia plugin as it messes up my DDS files and corrupts them on multiple gaming platforms! Not sure if this happens for everyone else, but would hate to have your awesome programmes ruined by such an annoying bug :D

Anyhow, if it works for everyone else than I'm sure it's just a personal thing :happy:

Hey Mindcore, word of advice, perhaps don't use the Nvidia plugin as it messes up my DDS files and corrupts them on multiple gaming platforms! Not sure if this happens for everyone else, but would hate to have your awesome programmes ruined by such an annoying bug :D

Anyhow, if it works for everyone else than I'm sure it's just a personal thing :happy:

Yeah, I was using the Nvidia plugin the other day and it was screwing up files. I will have to find an alternative.

My current problem (If anyone can shed light, please do!) is to figure out how the packed DDS files and XML files are packed. So far I see that they use GZip compression. And a weird "OA7" header. This is for the modding suite to allow batch locking/unlocking of game files :)

So if you want to mod EM2012, you could use my tool (if I get it working!).

Sounds great, I'd take a look at DXTbmp to see if that programme can help you with the DDS files.

Well, I was looking at possibilities, and it seems that because this is non-commercial I may be able to get a free version of the Havok Vision library that is used in the game itself. This is especially good because then I can provide previews of emitters and allow modification of shaders (possibly). This would most certainly be cool!

First off, excellent work! Very handy tool! Secondly, you mentioned for future releases, the ability to create or modify missions. Sorry, I'm using my iPad and can't quote that specific post. Question I had, would it be possible add a free play event creator in one of the future releases? In which players could create free-play events to add to their game and then change the parameters? If so, that would be a very awesome addition.

First off, excellent work! Very handy tool! Secondly, you mentioned for future releases, the ability to create or modify missions. Sorry, I'm using my iPad and can't quote that specific post. Question I had, would it be possible add a free play event creator in one of the future releases? In which players could create free-play events to add to their game and then change the parameters? If so, that would be a very awesome addition.

I will look into this, but as far as I can see the freeplay events are pre-set. You can configure the existing ones, but you can't add new ones.

I'm a bit confused on how to use this tool. It doesn't have any instructions with the download or on the download page.

Got any instructions posted any where?

I'm a bit confused on how to use this tool. It doesn't have any instructions with the download or on the download page.

Got any instructions posted any where?

make that 2. I go to data and all of them are XML files