I find the amount of current medics excessive myself... I know it was meant for multi :) but when in single player I usually run with a medic in hall 1 2 and 4 and some times have a spare in 5 :)

Each medic has their roles in Game. And trust me we have gotten to some points in the game where every unit is on the map a long side one or two MCU's    Seems excessive but they all get their use and have been placed by in game call stats.

Hope this helps :D

i think the download link is broke. is it possible to download the new version on another site?

The link of the first page to mega works for me.

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/topic/17067-harbor-city-mod/?p=241374

hey guys great mod.. couple of questions.

I found a bunch of old units inside the editor (ambulances, tiller truck)

Is there a way to get them in game fully functional (sirens working, going to fire stations/hospital)

Also I have been trying to figure a way to get FF/EMT's inside the hazmat units but haven't found a way yet.

Any solutions?

Thanks.

You would need to edit several scripts, make VO's and do may different things to get them to work properly. If you have editing knowledge you may be able to script them in.

Not sure about the FF/EMT thing, i don't know what script that would be

Adjust the Hazmat vehicles "unit.xml" file to change who can be in it. :)

I'm having a slight problem using this in multiplayer (On the Steam version). (version 4.5.2)

The Problem: only 1-2 firemen will use the hoses while the others just stand around, and 9/10 they'll spray for 1 second and then stop. Can't attach hoses to trucks, medical can't seem to pick up bodies, etc Essentially there's a lot of missing functions. I have warned those I was playing with to not click "Patrol" in any vehicle, nor as police, "right click" to pull over people because I heard those cause problems (but unsure of what problems)

What Worked In The Past: I also have a retail version (non-steam) installed in a seperate folder with an older Harbor City mod (v4.3) that I used to play with some other buddies, and we never experienced any issues.

So I'm just wondering if it's a conflict with Steam? Because the default EM4/911FR endless play MP works just fine. It's just with the mod active, things seem to go a little screwy so I was wondering if it's a conflict with Steam, or maybe something is different in the update(s) ... like I said I don't know, I just know there's an issue and would really really love it for some help ^_^

-LordV

I'm having a slight problem using this in multiplayer (On the Steam version). (version 4.5.2)

The Problem: only 1-2 firemen will use the hoses while the others just stand around, and 9/10 they'll spray for 1 second and then stop. Can't attach hoses to trucks, medical can't seem to pick up bodies, etc Essentially there's a lot of missing functions. I have warned those I was playing with to not click "Patrol" in any vehicle, nor as police, "right click" to pull over people because I heard those cause problems (but unsure of what problems)

What Worked In The Past: I also have a retail version (non-steam) installed in a seperate folder with an older Harbor City mod (v4.3) that I used to play with some other buddies, and we never experienced any issues.

So I'm just wondering if it's a conflict with Steam? Because the default EM4/911FR endless play MP works just fine. It's just with the mod active, things seem to go a little screwy so I was wondering if it's a conflict with Steam, or maybe something is different in the update(s) ... like I said I don't know, I just know there's an issue and would really really love it for some help ^_^

-LordV

I have played Harbor city mod with steam version of 911 with no almost as long as there been a steam version. have had non of the above issues. On the fire fighter stopping to spray? Do you have a guy assigned to man the pump on engine?

I downloaded it a few days ago but mine keeps crashing, i have not actively paid attention to the when's yet. Like the last time which was a couple of minutes ago it crashed when i sent 4 trucks (2 engines and 2 ladders) to a fire, but sunday i had no trouble when i sent all engines to a out of control fire. It is also not really playtime depending. :(

I also experience various issues that where not present in the previous version. Especially with firetrucks (limited water supply), after connecting the hose to a fire hydrant, a lot of the time it will not disconnect anymore, which makes your fire engine useless... (it justs sits there with a nice yellow line between the truck and the hydrant, tried all buttons and stuff, nothing helped). This occurs for both rapid deployment and manual assignment; connecting goes fine, disconnecting causes issues.

EDIT; attached image shows how it should be, but in these cases the 'disconnect' button is not there. Maybe only the original fireman can do this? What if he is stuck / dead?

We just played a session for 2 or 3 hours and experienced the Engineer HQ not working (not able to unload towed vehicles), Hazmat tent becoming stuck (had to shoot it), not able to pick up some bodies; contaminated bodies that could not be cleaned nor by Hazmat nor by Coroners using the Hazmat truck or tent, unable to hoist a wreckage from the water during the bus accident mission and as said a lot of stuck fire trucks, so it makes all of it a bit annoying but don't get me wrong, i still think the mod is great! Just hoping these bugs can be squashed :).

post-35234-0-01350400-1428530963_thumb.j

I also experience various issues that where not present in the previous version. Especially with firetrucks (limited water supply), after connecting the hose to a fire hydrant, a lot of the time it will not disconnect anymore, which makes your fire engine useless... (it justs sits there with a nice yellow line between the truck and the hydrant, tried all buttons and stuff, nothing helped). This occurs for both rapid deployment and manual assignment; connecting goes fine, disconnecting causes issues.

EDIT; attached image shows how it should be, but in these cases the 'disconnect' button is not there. Maybe only the original fireman can do this? What if he is stuck / dead?

Yes only the original can disconnect.  It is a pain if for some reason that firefighter is killed.  I use that firefighter as the engineer to avoid having the truck get stuck.  If you use the water cannon the fire fighter manning the cannon is inside the vehicle.  That could lead to some of the same issue.

I downloaded it a few days ago but mine keeps crashing, i have not actively paid attention to the when's yet. Like the last time which was a couple of minutes ago it crashed when i sent 4 trucks (2 engines and 2 ladders) to a fire, but sunday i had no trouble when i sent all engines to a out of control fire. It is also not really playtime depending. :(

This could be an issue with the ladder trucks.  I found that if I put the ff in the basket and then hooked up a hose to the truck, my game would crash.  Make sure to have a hose connection established before using the water cannon on the ladders.

Sorry for the double post trying to get them merged.

Edited by axeman1224

This could be an issue with the ladder trucks. I found that if I put the ff in the basket and then hooked up a hose to the truck, my game would crash. Make sure to have a hose connection established before using the water cannon on the ladders.

Sorry for the double post trying to get them merged.

Thank you I will try this, though this was the first time i used the ladders (i do station all units soon i start the game, so i will also try it without stationing the ladders til i need one)

I have played today without ladders on the map or even called them out once, it crashed again after a bit more than a hour of playing

I have played Harbor city mod with steam version of 911 with no almost as long as there been a steam version. have had non of the above issues. On the fire fighter stopping to spray? Do you have a guy assigned to man the pump on engine?

Not sure what you mean. I've never had to have anyone 'man' anything. Just 1.) Get Hose from truck -> 2.) Attach hose to truck -> 3.) Fireman should automatically spray nearby fire; if not, move closer to a fire source and he should start spraying.

That's how it's always worked for me (vanilla, and the Harbor City mod in earlier versions). So I dunno. I could try verifying cache files, or re-installing, and try re-installing the mod via Mod Installer? Maybe that was my problem? (I only copied/pasted the mod folder into the data\mods folder where mods are usually stored anyways.

Not sure what you mean. I've never had to have anyone 'man' anything. Just 1.) Get Hose from truck -> 2.) Attach hose to truck -> 3.) Fireman should automatically spray nearby fire; if not, move closer to a fire source and he should start spraying.

That's how it's always worked for me (vanilla, and the Harbor City mod in earlier versions). So I dunno. I could try verifying cache files, or re-installing, and try re-installing the mod via Mod Installer? Maybe that was my problem? (I only copied/pasted the mod folder into the data\mods folder where mods are usually stored anyways.

yes that was before limit water was add to harbor city.  now you need one fire fighter to man the pumps.  It why all the fire engines have a crew of 4 now and not three like they use to.  

i absolutely love the latest version its exactly what i wanted it to be the limited water suply, a nice map overal, but i got 2 points that i regret a little bit and that is that the mas casualty vehicle has no station and that somethimes its a bit to hard for a single player but further its really one of the best mods out there, its e real upgrade for since i was playing the 3.3.2 version