AutumnPeirson_14931

I'm missing my mod installer

Hello,

I just reinstalled my game on a new computer; and the mod installer is missing.I have 911 first responders.

I bought the game from Direct2drive.com but it switched over to gamefly now; and I had to download the game via the gamefly client, I looked in the sixteen ton entertainment folder and its not there.

I want to install La mod. I tried installing it without the mod installer; but its not showing up in my game, even though its showing up in the mods folder for Emergency 4, is EM4 911 first responders? If not my files are broken because I got the EM4 when I installed 911 first responders.There's no Wizard works folder, just Sixteenton.

Also where is patch 1.3 I read that not having this patch could cause mod issues; I have an english version.

I found a few threads with mod installer issues, but not my issue.

Also when I download LA mod it says, that a valid installation can't be found.

My game was legally purchased from Direct2drive.com.

Gamefly bought out the company and readded the game; but they took away game activation; so now the game no longer needs an activation code(which is odd in my opinion)

Gamefly will not give refunds as I bought the game before they owned D2D

For what I know you don't need the mod installer I have both em4 and 911 FR and I don't use the mod installer. Have you made a mods folder in you em4/911:FR directory? Go to you game files and make a new folder under "data" and then when you install the la mod make sure it is linked to that mods folder.

Is that what you're having problems with?

Hey maybe buy a disk copy from amazon or a download from amazon because if you do a download them you can download it as many times as you want same thing with the disk. No actually most mods don't require it just as long as you put it in the mods folder.

Don't do anything yet. Can you post a screen shot of what is says or what the problem is and I will see what I can do to help. I've gotta go to sleep. I'll be on tomorrow.

Hello I am new to this forum but not this game Autumnperson I am in literally the exact same positon as you. I downloaded from gamefly and I got my copy from d2d last year. I am getting the same problem with mine when i install. It used to install like this C:\Program Files (x86)\WizardWorks\911 - First Responders and the mod installer was in the directory. Well now when I install the game it looks like this C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\911_First_Responders and when i open the directory there is no mod installer. Even if i go through the start menu ther is no sign of the mod installer.

If i go under unistall/system i look at the version and it says that it only version 1.00 as were is use to say 1.03 I have spent literally 5 hours trying to figure out that when we install the game there is no mod installer installed with it....

I really wanna figure this out is there a way to patch the game?

LA mod will install but if you need to install a mod using the mod installer you cannot do it like expample the nyc mod. It needs the mod installer for the .e4mod file to install. Im totally confused as to what to do. hope i can get this figured out...

This is to both of you guys. One thing I just noticed is that the mod is going to Atari not Wizard Works. And wizard works is the program that it needs to be in. When you get it in wizard works then go into the folder and create a new folder and name it "mods" and then u have to manually put the mod or mods in that folder and it should work. I've played this game for a long time with out the mod installer and it works fine.

Let me know if this solves the problem.

Zach

Yes My old copy I had installed it to the wizard works and the game was able to be modded fine. But i have my copy through gamefly who bought out direct2drive. Now when i download the game and install it, it installs in under atari and there is no mod installer or editor. It is very weird. This really bums me out cuz i love this game. I dont know why it is installing weird and its like they dont have the full version or something on their website. Like i said there is no editor or mod installer in the start menu either....

Hope this helps. your pretty screwed when it comes to gamefly. It sucks see below:

Alright... So here is the solution. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this mod. The problem is with the game.

So if you can not get the NY mod to install or any other mod for that matter you need to do the following.

1. Uninstall all MODS, Saved games, anything from 911 First responders - Start from scratch

2. Re download the game from Amazon. _ Do not use gamelfy, Atari.com or any other website - These might work, but this is how it worked for me.

3. Once the game has downloaded to your computer start the install

4. It will ask you where you want to install the game. DO NOT install the game in the default wizardworks folder. DO NOT DO IT!

5. Change the directory path to: "C:\Program Files (x86)\sixteen tons entertainment\Emergency 4\

6. Install the game in that directory and continue.

7. Once installed - Your Mod installer & editor will not work. You still have more to work on.

8. In the start menu under the search tab type: regedit

9. Your computers regiter editor will open. Be very careful because if you edit the wrong things... you can screw up your computer.

10. Click on HKEY_CURRENT_USER > SOFTWARE > sixteen tons entertainment > Emergency 4

11. If the last part "sixteen tons software isn't already there create it. I should be there.

12. In that folder that might or might not be a file call InstallDir. If it is already there open it.

13. Change the path to: C:\Program Files (x86)\sixteen tons entertainment\Emergency 4

14. In my case it had the path at C:\Program Files\sixteen tons entertainment\Emergency 4 _ THIS IS WRONG!

15. Once that is changed exit the Reg Editor.

16. Mod installer should now work when you click on it. Download whatever mod you want and use the Mod installer to install it.

17. That fixed the problem. NY mod works for me now.

The most important part is the game MUST be installed in: C:\Program Files (x86)\sixteen tons entertainment\Emergency 4\

I hope this helps everyone. I figured this out between reading a bunch of different threads on this site. There wasn't one that had the whole process.

To fix the "missing editor"

1. Make a shortcut to the EM4.exe file on your desktop

2. Right click and open up the properties

3. in the line that sais TARGET change it to: "C:\Program Files (x86)\sixteen tons entertainment\Emergency 4\Em4.exe" -editor4.

4. Rename the short cut to EM4 Editor so you don't get confused.

5. Use the short cut and your in the editor.

Hope this helps. your pretty screwed when it comes to gamefly. It sucks see below:

Alright... So here is the solution. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this mod. The problem is with the game.

So if you can not get the NY mod to install or any other mod for that matter you need to do the following.

1. Uninstall all MODS, Saved games, anything from 911 First responders - Start from scratch

2. Re download the game from Amazon. _ Do not use gamelfy, Atari.com or any other website - These might work, but this is how it worked for me.

3. Once the game has downloaded to your computer start the install

4. It will ask you where you want to install the game. DO NOT install the game in the default wizardworks folder. DO NOT DO IT!

5. Change the directory path to: "C:\Program Files (x86)\sixteen tons entertainment\Emergency 4\

6. Install the game in that directory and continue.

7. Once installed - Your Mod installer & editor will not work. You still have more to work on.

8. In the start menu under the search tab type: regedit

9. Your computers regiter editor will open. Be very careful because if you edit the wrong things... you can screw up your computer.

10. Click on HKEY_CURRENT_USER > SOFTWARE > sixteen tons entertainment > Emergency 4

11. If the last part "sixteen tons software isn't already there create it. I should be there.

12. In that folder that might or might not be a file call InstallDir. If it is already there open it.

13. Change the path to: C:\Program Files (x86)\sixteen tons entertainment\Emergency 4

14. In my case it had the path at C:\Program Files\sixteen tons entertainment\Emergency 4 _ THIS IS WRONG!

15. Once that is changed exit the Reg Editor.

16. Mod installer should now work when you click on it. Download whatever mod you want and use the Mod installer to install it.

17. That fixed the problem. NY mod works for me now.

The most important part is the game MUST be installed in: C:\Program Files (x86)\sixteen tons entertainment\Emergency 4\

I hope this helps everyone. I figured this out between reading a bunch of different threads on this site. There wasn't one that had the whole process.

To fix the "missing editor"

1. Make a shortcut to the EM4.exe file on your desktop

2. Right click and open up the properties

3. in the line that sais TARGET change it to: "C:\Program Files (x86)\sixteen tons entertainment\Emergency 4\Em4.exe" -editor4.

4. Rename the short cut to EM4 Editor so you don't get confused.

5. Use the short cut and your in the editor.

One thing, why not to put it in wizard works? I have it in wizard works and it operates fine!

Well i guess ill give this a shot so your saying that we have to make a install file? The gamefly client installs it. So I somehow have to make my own directory your telling me? I dont want to spend another 20 bucks when i have the same game through gamefly. Im pretty irritated with this whole situation.

I am sorry that you're irritated about this. I think that you should take some screen shots with Fraps or some photo program so I can actually see what's going on. Take a pic on the file that it is in and then the inside of the file and stuff like that. If this doesn't solve your issue I would talk to someone on Gamefly about getting your money back and then go on Amazon and get Em4 or 911:First Responders(American Version). The ones on Amazon will let you mod them and they should have a mod installer and editor.

Zach

• Upvote 1

The other thing is I dont have the mod installer at all!! it is nowhere to be found on my computer so even if I do these fixes the mod installer isnt on the computer so how can I even install the mods?

That is what I am telling you. The game from Gamefly does not have the mod installer. Hence get the game from amazon.

One thing, why not to put it in wizard works? I have it in wizard works and it operates fine!

I had the game in the wizard work folder and once i did the mod installer fix it acted as if it worked perfectly fine. But if I tried to install any mod it would not install the mod it would come back with a corrupt file error.

When I re installed the game and put it in the sixteen ton folder every mod installed without any errors.

This was my experience, if it works in wizard works for you keep it then. It didn't work for me.

Well i guess ill give this a shot so your saying that we have to make a install file? The gamefly client installs it. So I somehow have to make my own directory your telling me? I dont want to spend another 20 bucks when i have the same game through gamefly. Im pretty irritated with this whole situation.

GameFly's download file does NOT include the Mod installer. I do not think there is anything you can do at all to "get" the mod installer from gamefly. What I said in the earlier post is what you have to do if you want to get the mod installer to work. Again GAMEFLY sucks! I had the same problem. I spent the 20 dollars twice so I can play mods. It wasn't what I wanted to do but I wanted to play the mods and it was the only way I could get it to work.

well i found my old sata drive with a copy of 911 fr on it and the mod installer is in there I cant use it cuz i lost the cd for that copy of the game can i take the mod installer and copy and paste it into the new directory?

gameflys copy of the game seems to be the one from atari? anyone know why the mod installer isnt coming in the download?

GameFly's download file does NOT include the Mod installer. I do not think there is anything you can do at all to "get" the mod installer from gamefly. What I said in the earlier post is what you have to do if you want to get the mod installer to work. Again GAMEFLY sucks! I had the same problem. I spent the 20 dollars twice so I can play mods. It wasn't what I wanted to do but I wanted to play the mods and it was the only way I could get it to work.

I just suggest you pay for EM4 or 911:FR on amazon and those will work great! I am sorry that you can't fix it now but this is about the only solution you have if you want to play any mods. Sorry. There are links on the home screen of Emergency Planet that have the game on amazon or just go there and find it yourself.

Zach

well i found my old sata drive with a copy of 911 fr on it and the mod installer is in there I cant use it cuz i lost the cd for that copy of the game can i take the mod installer and copy and paste it into the new directory?

gameflys copy of the game seems to be the one from atari? anyone know why the mod installer isnt coming in the download?

It is probably not there because either it was never part of the file or they deleted it in the first place so you couldn't mod it. That might work you can see and tell me what happens. If not then ur going to have to buy another one off of Amazon. :(