BrianD90

RTS Bieberfelde English Translation (v1.8, current release)

Hello, its been awhile, as some of you may know, a few years back, (2-3 I don't remember) I did an English translation of the RTS mod. Here is another update for it, I'd say its almost 99.9% perfect.

If you find anything that needs fixed please email me at BrianD90@live.com or message me on here. Also, I may add a drug guide in the next version.

Thank you.

EDIT 11/09/2012

v1.8 has been uploaded, please re download.

The only things I cannot to find to translate is the text that scrolls in the top when someone dies reporting the time of death and after you take someone to the hospital when it shows what you've done right or wrong across the top, anyone know where I can find this text?

Once I find this text, I'll find and correct any remaining errors and release a final version (2.0)

I'll include a drug guide with the final version if it has enough support so please let me know!!!

Also, if I can get permission from the RTS team I may also replace the default ambulances and fly car with American units, and as to not represent a single US city, I may just go with a nationwide private service skin. Thoughts?

RTS Bieberfelde English Translation v1.8.rar

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Hello, its been awhile, as some of you may know, a few years back, (2-3 I don't remember) I did an English translation of the RTS mod. Here is another update for it, I'd say its almost 99.9% perfect.

If you find anything that needs fixed please email me at BrianD90@live.com or message me on here. Also, I may add a drug guide in the next version.

The translation can also be found in the downloads section.

Thank you.

Nice ill try it out when I get the chance :). You should translate wegberg lol

I was under the impression that Wegberg had an English Version. Hmm I'll look into it but I'm going to do a drug guide for RTS mod first IF and only IF enough people on here show interest in it.

Sorry for off topic

No Wegberg has not an english version of it.

I was making an english guide,only problem is that i stopped with it. so there will be no english version.

If people having problems with wegberg they can send me an pm or set there problems in the official topic of wegberg.

Gr. Brandweer_Rilland

EDIT 11/09/2012

v1.8 has been uploaded, please re download.

The only things I cannot to find to translate is the text that scrolls in the top when someone dies reporting the time of death and after you take someone to the hospital when it shows what you've done right or wrong across the top, anyone know where I can find this text?

Once I find this text, I'll find and correct any remaining errors and release a final version (2.0)

I'll include a drug guide with the final version if it has enough support so please let me know!!!

Also, if I can get permission from the RTS team I may also replace the default ambulances and fly car with American units, and as to not represent a single US city, I may just go with a nationwide private service skin. Thoughts?

I love this translation compared to ones I have used before, very in depth and very easy to understand.

There is a good guide already made which also includes a basic drug guide: http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.php?/topic/8243-rescue-trainer-simulator-rts-mod-for-all-questions-about-this-mod/page__st__80

In post by pyrothijs, #87 called Starter Manual.

I love this translation compared to ones I have used before, very in depth and very easy to understand.

There is a good guide already made which also includes a basic drug guide: http://forum.emergen...od/page__st__80

In post by pyrothijs, #87 called Starter Manual.

Thank you. I took a look at this guide and it will be a goof reference but there are also a lot of mistakes in it.

Example:

"Another case in which resuscitation is necessary is atrial fibrillation. Just like in the asystole there are no QRS complexes. The difference between the two forms is that atrial fibrillation does not display a flat line, but irregular pulses. Those pulses are called f-waves, they can be described as ‘teeth from a saw"

First off F-waves are present in Atrial Flutter not Atrial Fibrillation which are two entirely different things.

A-fib very very rarely requires resuscitation, thousands of people live with it everyday. Also A-fib is not the absence of a QRS complex, no QRS means your ventricles are not working, not your atria. A-fib on an ECG is actually the absence of a P wave before the QRS complex. Also A-fib can be very regular most of the time just with the absence of a P wave. Also teeth from a saw is describing V-fib, which DOES need rapid intervention and CPR or Atrial Flutter.

A-fib generally looks normal and regular expect for the absence of a P-wave, which in the pre-hopsital setting rarely needs treated. The only time you would treat A-fib in the field is if its NEW, aka they have not had it for years which can be hard to determine if they have not be diagnosed and even then unless its effecting their ability to pump oxygen acutely(rarely) still should be left alone.

A-fib means the blood is not pumping effectively which can lead to blood clots which is why almost all A-fib patients are on daily blood thinner medication. Fixing A-fib in the field can potentially free a blood clot leading to a pulmonary embolism or stroke.

As paramedics we take an oath to "Do No Harm"

Anyway lol, sorry for the medic lesson. That guide is decent, but has many errors which I will address in mine.

Drug guide has been started as of today, due to the very low number of actual drugs/uses available in the mod this shouldn't take long at all lol.

I'll keep everyone posted.

How is the guide coming along? I use this when I'm playing:

http://www.shoestring-graphics.com/CP2020/medtech/procedures/protocols.htm