bama1234

Montana Mod v2.5 RELEASED

On 9/14/2019 at 8:06 PM, Fred03 said:

EMTs do vary from state to state with some states like New Jersey barley allowing their EMTs to do anything and some states like Montana allow their EMTs to do a lot more, Montana specifically recognizes 4 different levels of EMS provider and various endorsements.

EMR (emergency medical responder, used to be called first responder) with possible endorsements to allow them to use pulse oximiters and naloxone (narcan)

EMT (emergency medical technician) with possible endorsements for: medication administration, IVs/IOs, airway (allows the use of a King Tube) and naloxone (narcan),

AEMT (Advanced emergency medical technician, can do basically all the stuff an EMT with all the endorsements can do) with possible endorsements for : medication administration (more meds)

Paramedic (can do all the stuff of an AEMT plus additional) with possible endorsement for: Critical care (transfer of critical patents/more meds and equipment)

https://leg.mt.gov/content/Committees/Interim/2017-2018/Economic-Affairs/Meetings/Nov-2017/EMT-scope-of-practice11-2017.pdf

Quick question, out of curiosity. Can EMS personnel legally declare a person dead, not like make certificates or anything that wild, just saying "Yo this dude ain't comin back to us, we should stop", things like that. If so, who? Can an EMT or AEMT do it, or is it for Paramedics only? I think EMRs are out of the queation.

On 2/10/2021 at 8:34 PM, itchboy said:

This was my initial concept but it proved too difficult because of how the volunteer firefighter system was made. Instead I just left it to the player to decide how to dispatch the units.

I have tweaked the volunteer script so you get between two to four personnel in the day time, and at most, six at night.
The player has the responsibility to dispatch the appropriate number of units per call.

Here's some updates to playable units. Colors have been done, and I am readying up the resources for liveries.

Em4Deluxe 2021-02-11 17-26-00-70.png

No volunteers are available at night, this is something I noticed in tons of Montana Mod 2.5 videos on YouTube

On 7/31/2023 at 3:11 AM, itchboy said:

Both of these things are intentionally capped by script. Adjusting them without knowing how the code works can cause undesired behavior. 

I am still on the fence with how I will arrange things in the coming updates to the mod. Specifically, I can't have more BCSO cars until I make all the bases needed for them, which could take however long. I don't want to include repeats of existing vehicles, for sake of pumping the numbers up.

Regarding volunteer firefighters, the reason I asked for people's real life POV's was a fun way of adding more volunteer personnel to the mod so that more personnel can be playable.

Thank you for doing the research on this one. I have evidence now and I can make that judgement call with the mod. I'll have it be courtesy lights by default (as it is now) and sort out the lights/sirens commands later on.

I still don't know how I'll proceed with that because Dillon's batt chief appears to also be a POV, while Lima VFD has a dedicated vehicle. Maybe I'll keep their speed the same but remove the sirens from the 2 chief vehicles.

If you like, you can still keep the sirens on chief's POVs, and just pretend the chiefs that own them have signed them off to the state, to meet section 2a of 61-8-102. After that, they can't have much freedom as to what they can do with their state-signed POV while off duty. The state-signed POV fo a chief would then act like a fire department owned vehicle for take home purposes, not a POV.