bama1234

Montana Mod v2.5 RELEASED

There will be Ford Police Interceptors in the mod?

Probably not.

I can answer these questions:

• Multiple sirens have been considered but I have not implemented them yet.

• Speed commands are automatic. Vehicles spawned on map will only travel at normal speeds until their sirens are enabled. Vehicles will only move at high speed when their sirens are on. Player can force vehicles to go at high speed by pressing left or right control key with the MoveTo command.

• Vehicles travelling to station or off map in freeplay will travel at normal speeds automatically. This actually helps with parking somewhat (although I cannot prove this)

• GoHome command will not be changed though because this affects ambulances going off map. I might figure a workaround for it.

• Off map vehicles coming onto the map will be going fast by defualt. I would like to enforce a speed limiter on some vehicles though such as tow trucks, cranes and in fact, all TEC and non emergency vehicles actually.

• Now since the speeds are automatic, they dont clutter up the UI. Everyone wins.

What I say here isn't final or guaranteed. At the end of the day, it is up to bama to decide.

I personally don't like the multiple sirens thing, it's cluttered. The manual speed control Itchboy mentioned is fine.

Bama would you be able to answer a couple of questions for me, just a simple yes/no answer will do lol?

1) have you implemented the multiply siren buttons like other mods have?

2) will vehicles have the speed controls like the Manhattan/Brooklyn mods have?

Because I never liked them features (no offence to the people who made them) but they clogged up the UI and where a pain in the arse to have to change everytime.

1) No.

2) Manual controls, like itchboy mentioned, but I doubt there will be buttons for it.

National guard?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will be bigger and better.

Game Wardens/State Park Ranger?

Will make an appearance as a side agency.

Great to hear the progress on the mod and good job with all your work you have put into it. Couple questions, with being alot of vehicles their shouldn't be any lag in the mod right? Just with their lights and stuff, Also I think you have answered this early but not sure if you have changed your mind are you gonna be slowing down the call volume rate or no. I have been playing the south county mod and it seems like there are alot of calls but do to on map quantity it is do able. Finally will you be making a Fire/EMS mode and a Fire/EMS and police mode. I have just seen in the past people make the Fire/EMS the challenge mode and with the size of the department on the map i would be hard to last long. Thank-you and keep up the good work!

I can answer these questions:

• Multiple sirens have been considered but I have not implemented them yet.

• Speed commands are automatic. Vehicles spawned on map will only travel at normal speeds until their sirens are enabled. Vehicles will only move at high speed when their sirens are on. Player can force vehicles to go at high speed by pressing left or right control key with the MoveTo command.

• Vehicles travelling to station or off map in freeplay will travel at normal speeds automatically. This actually helps with parking somewhat (although I cannot prove this)

• GoHome command will not be changed though because this affects ambulances going off map. I might figure a workaround for it.

• Off map vehicles coming onto the map will be going fast by defualt. I would like to enforce a speed limiter on some vehicles though such as tow trucks, cranes and in fact, all TEC and non emergency vehicles actually.

• Now since the speeds are automatic, they dont clutter up the UI. Everyone wins.

What I say here isn't final or guaranteed. At the end of the day, it is up to bama to decide.

1) No.

2) Manual controls, like itchboy mentioned, but I doubt there will be buttons for it.

Thank you both for your answers, I wasn't expecting to have such a detailed response and regarding the manual speed controls, if it is like the way you have said Itchboy, then I think it might just make me change my mind about it.

I know this answer is likely somewhere, but if haven't been able to find it. For version 1, using that download that, I can't remember what it's called, but it has that little popup with the percent bar. I tried on two different computers and two internet connections.. It never left 0 and I waited and waited about an hour.

What am I not getting here?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know this answer is likely somewhere, but if haven't been able to find it. For version 1, using that download that, I can't remember what it's called, but it has that little popup with the percent bar. I tried on two different computers and two internet connections.. It never left 0 and I waited and waited about an hour.

What am I not getting here?

You mean Mega.co.nz? Alot of people seem to have problems with that website, I think it might be based on what country your from. If not then someone might be kind enough to upload the mod to a different place.

You mean Mega.co.nz? Alot of people seem to have problems with that website, I think it might be based on what country your from. If not then someone might be kind enough to upload the mod to a different place.

It's not mega I don't think, it's the actual downloader your download from mega that doesn't work. The RCMPWCM worked fine like that, but the country thing makes sense.

Thanks!

It's not mega I don't think, it's the actual downloader your download from mega that doesn't work. The RCMPWCM worked fine like that, but the country thing makes sense.

Thanks!

It's actually the web browser I know for myself I use Internet Explorer( and it doesn't matter if it's 10,11 or what ever.) Explorer will only download up to 1gb, anymore than that you need to use FireFox or Chrome, which will allow you to download more than 1gb. Hope that answers the question :-) p.s. it seems to only be Mega that has this restriction

It's actually the web browser I know for myself I use Internet Explorer( and it doesn't matter if it's 10,11 or what ever.) Explorer will only download up to 1gb, anymore than that you need to use FireFox or Chrome, which will allow you to download more than 1gb. Hope that answers the question :-) p.s. it seems to only be Mega that has this restriction

No disrespect intended, I'm 90% sure there no way that's my problem.

I use chrome on windows 8. I've also tried explorer to see what happens, but it does the same thing. Now, I play most of the big mods there are here, and a majority of them use mega. I really like mega actually and I never have a problem with it.

It's the downloader you get for the Montana mod that just sits at 0%. The RCMP mod uses the same thing and it didn't give me any trouble. It's really no biggy, I'm really anticipating V2 now anyways. Can't wait for the release. :)

No disrespect intended, I'm 90% sure there no way that's my problem.

I use chrome on windows 8. I've also tried explorer to see what happens, but it does the same thing. Now, I play most of the big mods there are here, and a majority of them use mega. I really like mega actually and I never have a problem with it.

It's the downloader you get for the Montana mod that just sits at 0%. The RCMP mod uses the same thing and it didn't give me any trouble. It's really no biggy, I'm really anticipating V2 now anyways. Can't wait for the release. :)

You mean the installer? Sorry its been a longtime since I last installed the Montana mod as its been on my laptop for over a year lol. I'm not sure what is wrong with it though, maybe it got corrupted during the download. Did you try and download the mod again?

You mean the installer? Sorry its been a longtime since I last installed the Montana mod as its been on my laptop for over a year lol. I'm not sure what is wrong with it though, maybe it got corrupted during the download. Did you try and download the mod again?

Yes, I tried redownloading the installer over and over and got stuck at the same spot.

Excuse my grammar, looking back on my posts nothing seems right. I just started using my iPad, back and forth between this and my phone broke my keyboard memory.

I've left it over an hour before, waiting for it to leave 0%. Never moved.

I'm not too fussed about grammar, as I can read your posts so don't worry lol. sounds like the installer is broken, I know there is another place to download the Montana mod, but you have to sign up to the site in order to use the download function. Maybe that one will work for you, here's the link:

http://www.emergency-forum.de/index.php?page=DatabaseItem&id=2271

You will also need to download the 2 patches (if you can get the installer running and the mod installed).