bama1234

Montana Mod v2.5 RELEASED

Introducing the Montana Submod, formerly known as the "Chester County Submod". Based off of Los Angeles Mod and 911: First Responders or Emergency 4, the Montana Submod is being developed by myself and includes many new vehicle and personnel schemes, as well as several new 3D models including vehicles, structures, and equipment; audio effects and GUI have also been modified. The Montana Submod is set in the fictional county of Chester, Montana, United States, which in reality is located in Beaverhead County, MT, United States. The schemes (textures) that have been created for all of the new units are fictional, but realistic; and, in some cases, inspired by real-life schemes. The objective of the Montana Submod is to provide the player with control over the emergency responders of a small-town United States locale. The Montana Submod has been in development since December 2010 and remains in the late development stage with a target release window of Q4 2012, with a Beta version becoming available beforehand. Below is media and information regarding the progress of the project.

Overall Development Progress: [prog=70][/prog]

Summary of Current Developmental Status: Adding final 3D vehicle models; Finalizing textures; Editing audio and GUI; Editing vehicle lighting; Currently focusing on Fire/Rescue.

12-11-2012: New Screens posted below.

Media:

Quick update:

Right now I'm working on the military aspect of game play. I want to give the user a feeling of absolute power when they call the military in, like a hierarchy: the police are powerful, SWAT teams are more powerful, and once you call the military in you're looking at total power. I felt that the National Guard in the LA mod was under appreciated.

I'm having a very hard time modifying person models. With high-poly/vertex additions to the person models I'm finding it extremely difficult to get all the math right and fix crashes when adding things like helmets to soldiers. That is partly what is taking so long.

I'm also working on the finishing PD, FD and EMS; PD is almost done, FD and EMS are close to halfway done. There are some game play and map touch-ups that need to be added as well.

All in all, be on the look out for more media in the near future and an expected release in Q2 2013.

Quick update:

Right now I'm working on the military aspect of game play. I want to give the user a feeling of absolute power when they call the military in, like a hierarchy: the police are powerful, SWAT teams are more powerful, and once you call the military in you're looking at total power. I felt that the National Guard in the LA mod was under appreciated.

I'm having a very hard time modifying person models. With high-poly/vertex additions to the person models I'm finding it extremely difficult to get all the math right and fix crashes when adding things like helmets to soldiers. That is partly what is taking so long.

I'm also working on the finishing PD, FD and EMS; PD is almost done, FD and EMS are close to halfway done. There are some game play and map touch-ups that need to be added as well.

All in all, be on the look out for more media in the near future and an expected release in Q2 2013.

Awesome cant wait :) thanks for the update 2 by the way

Quick update:

Great news, I love that "power" feeling and I wish it could be felt also for EMS, (with Urban SAR teams, or HEMS for example :) )

Keep it up, and... merry christmas :D

I noticed that it saws "volunteer" on the rescue, are you doing anythng special to make the department a volunteer departmnet (POVs respond to station scripts or something) ?

I have noticed that only some vehicles are marked that, Others are marked without volunteer on them. Maybe it's a half and half kinda deal? Volunteer vehicles need to be clearly marked in Chester County?

You might have been lying under a rock or just overlooked it, but Chester County is completely made up by Bama.

Nice truck by the way!

I haven't. I know that. It's a county that is based off a couple different places named chester... and loosely at that. It's a Theoretic Answer/Question FOR bama to answer.

Since this is something that bama made up, this means bama is the creator... It was question marked as he'd be the only person able to answer it. Get it now?

Originally there were two departments: City and County districts. Now all have been changed over to one department, Volunteer Fire. If you notice, all the units with the updated scheme are marked Volunteer. As for a POV system I'm not sure yet but you can expect some sort of personal vehicle in the mod.