bama1234

Montana Mod v2.5 RELEASED

43 minutes ago, itchboy said:

It is with great displeasure that I have to announce my departure from the Emergency 4 modding community as a whole.

Montana mod will still be released - it is still being worked on by Bama1234. He has taken back possession of the mod and will be its' sole caretaker until it is complete,

Recent events involving the unauthorized monetization of my content have led me to this decision. The other day, I found that a Cities Skylines modder ran a Patreon page that advertised conversions on "early access" for his/her Patrons. Money is being exchanged for access to this content. Among the content is a model that looks to be my and Yankee43's 2020 Ford Explorer model. 

You can also see the USFS truck from the Los Angeles Mod in this photo.

https://c10.patreonusercontent.com/3/eyJwIjoxfQ%3D%3D/patreon-media/p/post/33447004/cbfbe0e4baf24d2f843b12f938e09bd0/1.png?token-time=1583539200&token-hash=uafJXCLMo_MgZJdtGEMS5ZRfU5ZAz6NDsA9UDYU55mo%3D&fbclid=IwAR32yIbkb5-1o5BU4o1KYVrWwBuagQ9GX5E8SKsCLwfzqgql2crYkP54LXk

This picture helped me identify the model as being mine, due to the distortions in UV mapping that match my style.

https://c10.patreonusercontent.com/3/eyJwIjoxfQ%3D%3D/patreon-media/p/post/32785632/0b8b60be0d1542a0a5e91c0595038b04/1.jpg?token-time=1583625600&token-hash=D1bu6d8K4DVFC29XDnwP1mtJCjtAMECitiQlm2tKPtM%3D

DO NOT SEND HARASSMENT OR HATE TO THIS INDIVIDUAL. If you do, you are considered dead to me. They deserve due process and privacy as much as I do.

Patreon's support has been less than helpful, and there is no way for me to make a 100% conclusive identification due to this mod author's act of locking models. As the accuser, I need to have proof of my allegations, however I am unable to do that because all I have are low resolution pictures. In order to make a full confirmation, I need to open the model and compare its shape and form with mine. I also need to see the textures and UV mapping templates because these are things that are unique to the person who made the model.

Its a paradox: the only way to access those files is to pay this individual for my own content. Unbelievable. Now, even if that were to be achieved, I would have to overcome the model locking in order to make a wireframe comparison in 3D software. So far, my attempts and that of other users have been unsuccessful, but we will see, maybe another solution can be found.

Another big problem is that the model itself is not uploaded on Patreon, but on Steam. Patreon only has the pictures of the content and cannot enforce this guy from uploading it to Steam. There's nothing I can do while this individual profits from our work. I have fallen into a gray area and none of the competent authorities are willing to address my issue.

There is no solution for me to have the content taken down and the user be held accountable for making money from content that was made by me and another person. We worked very hard to create that vehicle and it is absolutely heinous that someone is making money from work that they did not do.

Also, there is nothing stopping this person, or any individual from monetizing the work of other Emergency 4 modders. This is a new issue that everyone should be aware of when releasing content here.

I did not mod Emergency 4 in order to become someone else's slave.

I have found that the system does not favor creators but only those with power, influence and money. And so with that in mind, I have decided that I have better things to do then get screwed over again and again by every authority that's supposed to "stand for me".

I shall retain the moderator position here and will be manually approving all accounts registered to here. I will also still be on the lookout for instances of content misuse on this site.

I will post updates on another thread regarding what's going on but for now, goodbye.

Such a shame itchboy. Expected more things from you. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, itchboy said:

It is with great displeasure that I have to announce my departure from the Emergency 4 modding community as a whole.

Montana mod will still be released - it is still being worked on by Bama1234. He has taken back possession of the mod and will be its' sole caretaker until it is complete,

Recent events involving the unauthorized monetization of my content have led me to this decision. The other day, I found that a Cities Skylines modder ran a Patreon page that advertised conversions on "early access" for his/her Patrons. Money is being exchanged for access to this content. Among the content is a model that looks to be my and Yankee43's 2020 Ford Explorer model. 

You can also see the USFS truck from the Los Angeles Mod in this photo.

https://c10.patreonusercontent.com/3/eyJwIjoxfQ%3D%3D/patreon-media/p/post/33447004/cbfbe0e4baf24d2f843b12f938e09bd0/1.png?token-time=1583539200&token-hash=uafJXCLMo_MgZJdtGEMS5ZRfU5ZAz6NDsA9UDYU55mo%3D&fbclid=IwAR32yIbkb5-1o5BU4o1KYVrWwBuagQ9GX5E8SKsCLwfzqgql2crYkP54LXk

This picture helped me identify the model as being mine, due to the distortions in UV mapping that match my style.

https://c10.patreonusercontent.com/3/eyJwIjoxfQ%3D%3D/patreon-media/p/post/32785632/0b8b60be0d1542a0a5e91c0595038b04/1.jpg?token-time=1583625600&token-hash=D1bu6d8K4DVFC29XDnwP1mtJCjtAMECitiQlm2tKPtM%3D

DO NOT SEND HARASSMENT OR HATE TO THIS INDIVIDUAL. If you do, you will be banned for bullying and harassment. They deserve due process and privacy as much as I do.

Patreon's support has been less than helpful, and there is no way for me to make a 100% conclusive identification due to this mod author's act of locking models. As the accuser, I need to have proof of my allegations, however I am unable to do that because all I have are low resolution pictures. In order to make a full confirmation, I need to open the model and compare its shape and form with mine. I also need to see the textures and UV mapping templates because these are things that are unique to the person who made the model.

Its a paradox: the only way to access those files is to pay this individual for my own content. Unbelievable. Now, even if that were to be achieved, I would have to overcome the model locking in order to make a wireframe comparison in 3D software. So far, my attempts and that of other users have been unsuccessful, but we will see, maybe another solution can be found.

Another big problem is that the model itself is not uploaded on Patreon, but on Steam. Patreon only has the pictures of the content and cannot enforce this guy from uploading it to Steam. There's nothing I can do while this individual profits from our work. I have fallen into a gray area and none of the competent authorities are willing to address my issue.

There is no solution for me to have the content taken down and the user be held accountable for making money from content that was made by me and another person. We worked very hard to create that vehicle and it is absolutely heinous that someone is making money from work that they did not do.

Also, there is nothing stopping this person, or any individual from monetizing the work of other Emergency 4 modders. This is a new issue that everyone should be aware of when releasing content here.

I did not mod Emergency 4 in order to become someone else's slave.

I have found that the system does not favor creators but only those with power, influence and money. And so with that in mind, I have decided that I have better things to do then get screwed over again and again by every authority that's supposed to "stand for me".

I shall retain the moderator position here and will be manually approving all accounts registered to here. I will also still be on the lookout for instances of content misuse on this site.

I will post updates on another thread regarding what's going on but for now, goodbye.

This is a shame, I am a big fan of your work and I think it's awful that things have come to this. I've been following his vehicles for a while on the steam workshop for CS, and you can check if any of the models on there matches your own property or someone you know; just a suggestion, I'd assume he uses the same models for a lot of his vehicles. I always wondered if he really made his models, I guess not.

I do not have much of a forum presence anymore, but this is an exception. Thank you for all the time you've put into modding this game itchboy. The majority of the community appreciates you and all the work you have done for it. There are so many of your accomplishments to pick from but most notably the American Civilian Car Pack, the Fire Truck Cab Pack, and some of the newer police vehicles are valuable assets to new and veteran modders alike. You brought new life into a previously dying community, and that took skill and determination. It is despicable that someone would re-upload content that isn't theirs, let alone charge people for content that they did not make themselves. Everyone in this community respects you itchboy and also respects your decision, but it is sad to see another one of the greats go.

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, Aether said:

I do not have much of a forum presence anymore, but this is an exception. Thank you for all the time you've put into modding this game itchboy. The majority of the community appreciates you and all the work you have done for it. There are so many of your accomplishments to pick from but most notably the American Civilian Car Pack, the Fire Truck Cab Pack, and some of the newer police vehicles are valuable assets to new and veteran modders alike. You brought new life into a previously dying community, and that took skill and determination. It is despicable that someone would re-upload content that isn't theirs, let alone charge people for content that they did not make themselves. Everyone in this community respects you itchboy and also respects your decision, but it is sad to see another one of the greats go.

Sums it up exactly

I am 100% shure, that some of the site members or discord are supporting that guy with donations input. SO the best thing you can do to support itchboy - cancell your money support on the thieft. (also would be nice if you spread the word between your friends and tell them to do the same)

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, goog said:

every unit in the picture appears to be from the Downloads section and Hoppah's LA mod!!!

All the fire engines in that picture are legitimate, except for the USFS cab.

The F250 and Fusion are models that person purchased.

I suspect the Expedition is my converted model but I am not too upset about a converted model.

I am now 100% sure the Explorer in there is mine.

Maybe I'll have a stronger case if I report this guy for also re-selling purchased models from Turbosquid?

Its sad that this guy knows how to model really well, its just that they chose the lazy route and took my stuff. smh

Montana Mod progress is not halted even if I'm not going to post about it anymore. It will be down to Bama and anyone willing to help push the project through.

I have done my part for the scripts. I am especially proud of the pond drafting, ground ladder, roof venting and engine relay scripts. I can only hope they will be treated with respect by the community and not copied into other mods without my and bama's permission.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Seems like its kind of commom problem for all mod creator around the world .Well,as a Chinese em4 player,same thing had happened to us,about a year ago,there was a anchor fromKUAI SHOU (sth is similar

to TIK TOK).Had steal two mods about China,Which were relased for free. and then sold them (YES,the whole mod),and declared that  he is the creator of those two mods .Unfortunatelly there were some noob bought his word.However this man get away with any pounishment at thant moment(Recently, his KUAISHOU account had been baned,HOWEVER,hi sitll could reach others by qq(a chat app)).

BTW, I dont konw if any of you guys still remeber the Chiense mod project:wzc mod,it is still WIP and now on alpha 3.0 test,Im not creator so I wont give any image

On 3/22/2020 at 11:33 AM, xazdkr said:

Considering this is your first comment in 3 months, you'll have to understand my doubt. 

You dropped off the project a while ago. Now itchboy has dropped off and you're back suddenly. 

Modding isn't the easiest thing to do and it takes time. We should be supporting creators not chastising them for not posting on here. Just because they don't post dosen't mean that they're not working on the mod. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1